Fernandes to ramp up QPR stadium plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes to ramp up QPR stadium plans

“Wherever we go it will be somewhere fans believe is home – and there are a few sites in mind. It’s too sensitive to say where, but you’ve got to take a risk.

“There are League One sides with grounds bigger than Loftus Road, and we’ve got to build a better facility than this.

“If I can keep Rangers in Hammersmith and Fulham – I will. Will I keep QPR in this (west London) area? I guarantee you I will. There’s no point moving away. We’re not going to Milton Keynes."

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...#ixzz2SnExhR3T
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

He said on London Call In the other week that he wants a 40,000 seater stadium. We can't even sell out our 19,000 stadium every week.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRLewis View Post
      He said on London Call In the other week that he wants a 40,000 seater stadium. We can't even sell out our 19,000 stadium every week.
      Playing dreadful for the last 2 season and getting shown how to play real football wk in wk out might just might of been the problem.

If we actually had a decent team in the top flight that could win games would make us get in 30,000 easily. Even the Korean fans want to retire with park!
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Any club that built a new stadium to increase capacity could have fans highlight times they didn't sell out their "smaller" ground. It's all about moving forward. As for us not selling out, there are factors that influence that such as having to offer large away allocations which often remain unsold, unsold single seats in family section, restricted view areas etc.

Southampton's Dell held about 15k and they would've had plenty of times they didnt sell out, yet moved to a 32k stadium and thrived.

It's all about having a successful product a tthe end of the day. Make people want to watch you and they will come eventually. PLus they want it for multi purpose to generate income all year round with concerts etc so will need 40k

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Any club that built a new stadium to increase capacity could have fans highlight times they didn't sell out their "smaller" ground. It's all about moving forward. As for us not selling out, there are factors that influence that such as having to offer large away allocations which often remain unsold, unsold single seats in family section, restricted view areas etc.

Southampton's Dell held about 15k and they would've had plenty of times they didnt sell out, yet moved to a 32k stadium and thrived.

It's all about having a successful product a tthe end of the day. Make people want to watch you and they will come eventually. PLus they want it for multi purpose to generate income all year round with concerts etc so will need 40k
          Would I be right in assuming that the club would get a share of any profits made by concerts held at the stadium?
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think a lot of that had/has to do with the ergonomics of the stadium. The significant, relative percentage of season ticket holders take up the better seats meaning that the fans who cannot make all of the games, and the inevitable tourists would normally end up squashed, with their knees around their ears and/or looking at a massive blue post rather than the game. That allied to the ridiculous Kharsie's and rank, overpriced grub will defo drive attendances down. Then we get to the football......

Didn't stop me going though..... and I think that we could fill 20-30k quite comfortably if they did it right.

Comment

Would easily sell 30,000 in a modern stadium with proper facilities.

As for the additional revenue it would bring in, there are plenty of opportunities. Not just the sporting and music events, but the possibility of a large exhibition and conference venue. Hey, we may even get to host the Jehovah's Witness convention.

Comment

8 out of the current 20 EPL clubs have new stadiums, with West Ham getting a new one and Spurs and Chelsea looking for new homes. Added to that, Liverpool and Everton were considering a ground share scheme a few years ago.

I don't believe we can remain at LR for much longer. It can't be expanded, it's incomfortable, has poor facilities and some views are appalling.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  8 out of the current 20 EPL clubs have new stadiums, with West Ham getting a new one and Spurs and Chelsea looking for new homes. Added to that, Liverpool and Everton were considering a ground share scheme a few years ago.

I don't believe we can remain at LR for much longer. It can't be expanded, it's incomfortable, has poor facilities and some views are appalling.

almost 2 years on now and he has still not said anything new.

new stadium, in west london, blah blah blah........
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    almost 2 years on now and he has still not said anything new.

new stadium, in west london, blah blah blah........
                    EC Harris (Quantity Surveying firm) are on board and currently undertaking a feasability study on a particular piece of land TF is looking at.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post

We keep hearing the view of we can't sell out Loftus Road so why build a new & bigger stadium, but as said above and the other 'positive' comments no new ground will leave QPR trailing behind.

Fernandes says, there are clubs in League 1 with bigger and better stadiums and this is an embarrsment to QPR.

A more comfortable stadium with better facilities will (and of course a good team) will see gates rise, but also the ability to host other events will generate an income outside of football.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        EC Harris (Quantity Surveying firm) are on board and currently undertaking a feasability study on a particular piece of land TF is looking at.
                        Is that your firm Matty?

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                          Is that your firm Matty?
                          I wish Some handsome ancestor of mine no doubt though.

I work contractor side rather than client side.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            I wish Some handsome ancestor of mine no doubt though.

I work contractor side rather than client side.
                            Ah fair enough mate, was hoping we'd get first scoop on any plans

Comment

i thought we'd all exhausted this subject 3 weeks ago when TF said that within 2 weeks plans for the new stadium would be released.
                              30-40k,sliding roof,extra income from concerts/exhibitions and great transport links,plus shops etc...not far from LR.
                              I think a good example of what we could get is the new stadium in Lille.Fully retractable roof.The stadium can be split in half,with one half becoming an indoor concert arena like the O2.The pitch can slide out,revealing a lower portion of seating,thus turning the stadium into an arena for sports like Basketball/Tennis/Hockey etc
                              here is a link to pics of "Le Grand Stade"
                              http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...71021&page=177

scroll down to bottom of page

Comment

Working...
                              X