No goals = no wins = relegation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No goals = no wins = relegation?

It just struck me we only scored 29 goals this season. The lowest in the league. Injuries to 2 of our forwards is one of the reasons. Another is that the players who were responsible to deliver did not do so. When Remy and others came you could clearly see what we were lacking. Nonetheless the players responsible for not taking the chances we got should be partly blamed for our relegation.

That is Cisse and Taarabt. Cisse had 54 shots, 19 on target and 3 goals. Taarabt had more than 100 shots, 30 or so on target and only 4 goals. Cisse 18 shots/goal while Taarabt about 24 shots/goal. Super wasteful, especially if you compare it to Zamoras 5 shots/goal, and Remys 4shots/goal. 100 shots for one player is just wasting possession and chances. IMO it is one of the major reasons why we are going down. I do not know why Taarabt took so many shots, may it be tactical or by his own decision. It did not work.

If Taarabt stays and can produce like last time in the championship, then perhaps he should get another chance in the EPL if we come up again. However we should not only rely on him next season, we have to bring in a center forward, preferably a young one for the future, even if Remy stays.

I.e.Tarbs way of shooting has been abysmal this season. Lack of confidence, I guess. He can do much better.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

No goals = no wins = relegation?...Really?????..is that how it works?....wonder how we could remedy that

Comment

we have the worst attack.....oh and the worst defence...and midfield.....and club policy..... lots of reasons we went down as a total laughing stock.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
          we have the worst attack.....oh and the worst defence...and midfield.....and club policy..... lots of reasons we went down as a total laughing stock.
          Apart from that we're in good shape!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Apart from that we're in good shape!!!
            aye....oh wait....smallest ground, most whingey fans, terrible bar facilities.......
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Mackie I seem to remember missing some guilt edge chances in games that could have altered the course of our season

Swansea at home and arsenal away spring instantly to mind and I can remember a few around the time on the Arsenal match in particular from Mackie

Comment

OP needs to go on Mastermind..specialized subject? The Blooming Obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  Mackie I seem to remember missing some guilt edge chances in games that could have altered the course of our season

Swansea at home and arsenal away spring instantly to mind and I can remember a few around the time on the Arsenal match in particular from Mackie
                  Smashing point that!!!! Mackie although he gets amongst the goals (or did) is building a reputation of missing sitters. You have named two there may I add Villa away last season when he missed one literally on the line and this season at home to Fulham rounded the keeper and put it the wrong side of the post.

Comment

aye....oh wait....smallest ground, most whingey fans, terrible bar facilities.......
                    :omg-:Whaaat ??? ....some things are just intolerable!!

Comment

I know this is a light hearted comment, but I think our fans who go to the games have been first rate.

Considering we have been bottom all season we have still turned up home and away in good numbers and not really got on the players backs.

Any other team would not have got away as lightly as ours did

Comment

Originally posted by qprdel View Post
                        I know this is a light hearted comment, but I think our fans who go to the games have been first rate.

Considering we have been bottom all season we have still turned up home and away in good numbers and not really got on the players backs.

Any other team would not have got away as lightly as ours did
                        Sometimes we are good, but a lot of the time it is quiet, and we do get on players backs more than some fans - always have - even when we are doing ok. As for the "we".... half the people on this board reckon the extra 4k we have on our gates this year are tourists that should not be there. I don't agree with that myself, but lots do.
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Sometimes we are good, but a lot of the time it is quiet, and we do get on players backs more than some fans - always have - even when we are doing ok. As for the "we".... half the people on this board reckon the extra 4k we have on our gates this year are tourists that should not be there. I don't agree with that myself, but lots do.

The great Loftus Rd atmosphere is a myth!! We barrack lots of our players and run them down on the messageboards more then we back them (sometimes with good reason)

In the last two years we have openly booed and slated, on this board alone, the following

Anton, Barton, Green, Bosingwa, Adel, Nedum, Mbia, Granero, Cisse, Zamora, Mackie, SWP, Park, Bothroyd etc

Im sure others can add there own names

Comment

I do wonder if you're right there West & Silver...we do seem intolerant of anything other than perfection. I do look at other boards and some are like us but others are far more forgiving and happy with their players.... Players that if they signed for us we'd say ain't good enough before they've kicked a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Smashing point that!!!! Mackie although he gets amongst the goals (or did) is building a reputation of missing sitters. You have named two there may I add Villa away last season when he missed one literally on the line and this season at home to Fulham rounded the keeper and put it the wrong side of the post.
                              My 1st thought when reading this thread was what are Mackie's stats. He runs a lot but other than that he has been a huge disappointment this season.
                              Cisse has come in for a lot of stick this season, but I can't help but think that had he been played in a partnership with Zamora from the start, he would have had a far better season... Well at least until Zamora got injured. I still lay most of the blame for the lack of goals on Hughes choice of strikers. Cisse, with all his problems, Zamora and Johnson with their low scoring records and injury problems was a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Working...
                              X