Embarrassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing

If our club doesn't have more important things to worry about than a Brazilian goalie wearing a Chelsea shirt at a party then we really are in deep trouble.

I don't have any time for Chelsea but Cesar was hardly "doing an Ince" - he was simply doing a very poor impersonation of Sideshow Bob.

This season has been the worst and most embarrassing in my 35 years as a fan - let's not humiliate ourselves even more by over-reacting to a complete non event.

Roll on next season...
    First game 20.2.82 - QPR 3 Derby 0. It's been mainly downhill ever since!

Fully agree but can understand the reaction.

Comment

Roll on next season without Cesar.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous having to make a statement, it is a game of football and he was having a little bit of fun with his mate, end of !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Absolutely ridiculous having to make a statement, it is a game of football and he was having a little bit of fun with his mate, end of !

Comment

Absolutely right, our club should not make him make a statement.. It just goes to show the club has no backbone. They should just come out and say they were dressed up as a funny David Luiz at his party and thats that.

TO many softies at the top of our club

Comment

Agree. Completely blown out of all proportion

Comment

The club should have ignored it. He'll been gone next season anyway, who cares?

Comment

Can't wait to see the back of the fumbler

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    I'm not entirely sure that it is ridiculous .......I think it highlights that some of our team just don't 'get' being at QPR.....it shows a lack of respect to the club paying his wages and it's something that he wouldn't have done in Milan.....it seems to point to someone going through the motions and just picking up a handsome salary.....an accusation that could be levelled at most of our 'team' and therefore is bound to breed resentment.......

Comment

The reason why a statement was released was because grown men on twitter got upset and started tweeting Ian Taylor or whoever complaining. Seriously some people on this site are like 40 years old and complaining about something that's got nothing to do with them. I was more bothered about what the mrs was doing for dinner last night then seeing Cesar in a chelsea shirt.

QPR chelsea is only a rivalry known to QPR fans and maybe a few hundred chelsea fans. When you think of rivalry in England you think of North London derby, Man U & Liverpool, Newcastle & Sunderland. Jesus even Burnley v Blackburn is a bigger rivalry then QPR Chelsea. That may rattle a few cages but it's the truth and 40, 50 year old men tweeting Tony or Taylor about it should worry about their own lives and more important things.
                      Last edited by Robsondinho; 24-04-2013, 10:05 AM.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Some right precious souls out there. What sort of grown adult gets offended by that? I thought people were too touchy when they had a pop at me for going out this Halloween dressed as Jimmy Savile (true story), but this takes the biscuit.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I look at this slightly differently...

The question I ask myself is "why did the club force him to make a statement?" - my theory is that the club and him are looking to part ways at the end of the season. QPR/Tony have been saying "no we're not just going to get rid of our players just because we're going down"....so we've got to make it look as if Julio has done something wrong/doesn't care for the club so that when we do finish his contract there's that to fall back on. "oh, well his heart was never in it"

I don't understand why people slate him for coming here for the money. He's a world class, and i use that literaly, player. He's played at the top clubs and is a world cup winner for christ sake. of course we had to pay stupid wage money for him, and of course he would ask for it. he's got more medals that our trophy cabinet. we can't have top players without top wages, it's that simple. (i understand not all our players are "top" but Cesar is. yes he's let a few in, but just think about the amounts of shots he's got to save...the oppo regularly get a large amounts of shots at goal)

he's not anti-qpr, he probably didn't know much about us anyway. in fact, i'd be insulted if he came out when he signed to say "oh, i've always had a soft spot for QPR, i remember them and all their great players.". He's been honest all along - he wanted to play premier league, he wanted to win the league with qpr.

i like the bloke. if and when he goes i'll be happy with his contribution

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                            I look at this slightly differently...

The question I ask myself is "why did the club force him to make a statement?" - my theory is that the club and him are looking to part ways at the end of the season. QPR/Tony have been saying "no we're not just going to get rid of our players just because we're going down"....so we've got to make it look as if Julio has done something wrong/doesn't care for the club so that when we do finish his contract there's that to fall back on. "oh, well his heart was never in it"

I don't understand why people slate him for coming here for the money. He's a world class, and i use that literaly, player. He's played at the top clubs and is a world cup winner for christ sake. of course we had to pay stupid wage money for him, and of course he would ask for it. he's got more medals that our trophy cabinet. we can't have top players without top wages, it's that simple. (i understand not all our players are "top" but Cesar is. yes he's let a few in, but just think about the amounts of shots he's got to save...the oppo regularly get a large amounts of shots at goal)

he's not anti-qpr, he probably didn't know much about us anyway. in fact, i'd be insulted if he came out when he signed to say "oh, i've always had a soft spot for QPR, i remember them and all their great players.". He's been honest all along - he wanted to play premier league, he wanted to win the league with qpr.

i like the bloke. if and when he goes i'll be happy with his contribution
                            I don't think his ever won the world cup. He wern't in the squad when Brazil won it last (I may be wrong).

I have a feeling as well that the club may be trying to p*ss him off to force a move, because they are making a mountain out of a mole hill, or it may be as I said earlier it's because the precious middle age men tweeting Ian Taylor has forced them to do it.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

have to say i disagree the statement is important, he needs to know that especially in our current predicament this would irritate qpr supporters who already feel the players have no interest in the club. the statement also helps protect him from further criticism as he can explain how he was ignorant to our rivalry (why no one felt it was necessary to let him know about the rivalry i dont know, makes you wonder what goes on in our dressing room).

Comment

Working...
                              X