Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new start with a younger man... Step forward Karl Robinson...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new start with a younger man... Step forward Karl Robinson...?

I'll be honest I think I was probably one of the first on here to call for Harry back in about October as it was obvious even then that Hughes was not up to snuff.... However for whatever reason it's not worked so... With a whole pre-season to get his ideas across how about Karl Robinson... MK always seem to play very decent football and we've seen at close hand what he can do...

As others have said Harry looks tired and disillusioned so why not say thanks and enjoy your retirement and start afresh..... I might well get shot down in flames but I reckon we need a younger man with energy and enthusiasm at the helm not a tired old sausage like Harry who's looking a bit clapped out...
    Last edited by BuffooneRy; 20-04-2013, 11:07 PM.

Never got them out of league 1 .........I know how about Mansfield manager he's just got them promoted

Comment

What about the doncaster manager, he got them promoted too.

Comment

Problem with a manager like this is if we did get promoted again, and things didn't work out in the first few months, everyone would be saying he's out of his depth, no PL experience blah blah blah, and the cycle starts again.

I like the idea of a young manager, but preferably someone who's played PL level.

If Harry was to leave, Gus Poyet for me. Has completely turned Brighton from a Mickey Mouse park team into potentially a premier league outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by TW7R View Post
          Problem with a manager like this is if we did get promoted again, and things didn't work out in the first few months, everyone would be saying he's out of his depth, no PL experience blah blah blah, and the cycle starts again.

I like the idea of a young manager, but preferably someone who's played PL level.

If Harry was to leave, Gus Poyet for me. Has completely turned Brighton from a Mickey Mouse park team into potentially a premier league outfit.
          Good shout and maybe KR isn't the right choice but I definitely feel that we need to ditch tired old Harry and get some fresh young energy in....

Comment

I think KRs decent. Can definetlty see him moving up the leagues soon.

MK playing some decent stuff under him. (As I'm sure we can all remember)

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Never got them out of league 1 .........I know how about Mansfield manager he's just got them promoted
              Bang on. My concern is exactly that he has not got them promoted although he has been backed in comparison to others in the division also add to that he appears to be seen as an up and coming manager but when roles come up in the Championship no one appears to come calling for him and that says a lot to me especially when people like Lee Clark and even Paul Ince are getting jobs

Comment

Kenny jacket?

Comment

I think Harry Redknapp is capable of getting a team promoted.
                  As for the age of the manager we look to win us the Championship, why does he have to be 'younger'?
                  Neil Warnock was 64 or 65, when he took us up as champions.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                    As for the age of the manager we look to win us the Championship, why does he have to be 'younger'?
                    yeah agree bush, fans go through this we need a young manager ...then after that goes wrong we need older more experienced manager.

Comment

naaa.....im sure Tony can sell the club to ..

Attached Files

Comment

Knowing our luck he would probably be s**t for us

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          fans go through this we need a young manager ...then after that goes wrong we need older more experienced manager.
                          Exactly, Dave. A vicious circle resulting in a never-ending merry-go-around.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            naaa.....im sure Tony can sell the club to ..

I'm with HoopDoggyDogg on this, going on our track record so far, if Jose was to come to Queen's Park Rangers, he'd end up being an even worse manager than Steve Burtenshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                              Think it depends on what the board are looking for. Someone to just get us back to the PL at the first attempt or someone to build something for the future which might not be an immediate return?

I hope HR stays. He's done it before so knows exactly what is needed. The only thing I worry about is if we started off well, then halfway through he gets an offer from a PL club and clears off leaving us looking for someone new halfway through a season.

We need stability instead of constant new managers asking for new players.

Comment

Working...
                              X