Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    not even English
    never was-always a mix-thats what made us stand out.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Kilburn High Road. Had some scaffolding fall on me when I was a nipper. First time I ever saw skinheads was at Peel Road shops. Couple of Chelski lads among them. Must have been early 70s.

Used to live in Kilburn House in Queens Park, and Conduit Way in Stonebridge Park. Always a few Rs around both.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I'm small and I mean small village between Chelmsford and Braintree and 9 QPR in my village and they go too
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Kilburn High Road. Had some scaffolding fall on me when I was a nipper. First time I ever saw skinheads was at Peel Road shops. Couple of Chelski lads among them. Must have been early 70s.

Used to live in Kilburn House in Queens Park, and Conduit Way in Stonebridge Park. Always a few Rs around both.
          Had mates living in Harlesden. Always disliked the road names Winchelsea Road and Chelsea Close around there!

How was it like living around Stonebridge? I heard the Stonebridge Estate was the worst in the whole of UK at one time in the early 2000s, making the whole area a no go area, with addicts coming from all over the country to get there...It has improved a lot after the regeneration of the estate though,like the Chalkhill Estate in Wembley.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
            We should try and entice the sh*tload of Poles in East Acton to come to games
            Yeh of course...

Comment

Originally posted by QPRNW9 View Post
              Had mates living in Harlesden. Always disliked the road names Winchelsea Road and Chelsea Close around there!

How was it like living around Stonebridge? I heard the Stonebridge Estate was the worst in the whole of UK at one time in the early 2000s, making the whole area a no go area, with addicts coming from all over the country to get there...It has improved a lot after the regeneration of the estate though,like the Chalkhill Estate in Wembley.
              I left well before then, but seemed ok at the time. Some areas of Queens Park are nice, around Harvist Road. The area will always be considered home, no matter where I live. Still find myself going for a wander round every now and then.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I was wondering, where did the name C-Mob come from and did QPR ever really have a firm?

Comment

Coach,chelsea,#####. Take your pick. And no never had a firm.
                  "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                  London Pride is a flower that's free.
                  London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                  And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonR View Post
                    Yeah, left Brent before you were born, but briefly....there were quite a lot of Rangers within the Borough, but a little spread out, so although there were decent numbers of QPR in some spots. nowhere did we dominate. In the late 70's to late 80's there were a good few home and away regulars in the Norfolk Arms, North Wembley, small groups in the Coach and Horses, Stonebridge Park and along the Harrow Rd from Harlesden to the top of the Grove. Also a decent little following from up around the top of community on the Queensbury / Edgware Rd boundaries. Kenton contained a few and the Windemere beside South Kenton station can still have a handfull on a weekend night.
                    Problem for us back then was....Chelsea. The boys in blue had three significantly large groups of support at that time, Battersea, Stockwell and the NW lads, basically Kilburn, Willesden, Stonebridge etc which produced a very useful contingent, some of whom are semi legendary figures from the Headhunter days.Neasden, never had any Rangers, f knows why, but they weren't particularly Arsenal either, who didn't start to rack up in numbers until you hit Colindale.
                    If you're looking for a Rangers supporting pub owner, then the Ship on Kilburn High Rd has an S/T holder at the helm, the others? Well most have been knocked down as the recent arrivals don't drink alcohol.
                    Great post and good insight into our supporter base from years gone by.Did Spurs, Arsenal or the scum outnumber our support in any areas around Brent and NW London back in the day?

Comment

The support base of London teams back then was widespread across the capital. In Wembley the largest following was easily Chelsea, with Rangers, Spurs, West Ham and of course the universal Cockney Reds all having reasonable figures, then there was a small smattering of Fulham and Watford, strangely when you look at how many fans they have now, virtually no Arsenal. I roved all over the borough as I was a bit of a boozer as a youngster and through my football interest became very familiar with who was who around the area. Again, Chelsea had a very strong presence, along with Wembley there were particularly large numbers in Kilburn, Stonebridge and Alperton, though that crowd were in with Wembley or Stonebridge depending on what night of the week it was. Spurs fans were quite well dotted around, but their significance was stronger than the numbers because they were organised and to be truthful, were a well known trouble firm with some extremely active central figures leading them. Did they outnumber Rangers, yeah, in some parts, especially as you went east across the borough, as did Arsenal, who as I mentioned before, seemed to pick up in support tremendously as you started to get closer to the Edgware Rd. Rangers fans had greater influence down the Harrow Rd, but even Westbourne Park had a nasty Chelsea mob (though they occasionally turned up at Loftus Rd in the 70's and joined in with us as they knew so many R's).

Comment

Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post
                        Great post and good insight into our supporter base from years gone by.Did Spurs, Arsenal or the scum outnumber our support in any areas around Brent and NW London back in the day?
                        Got to agree. Top insight Qprnw10, thanks. I know what you mean about Colindale having a lot of Arsenal fans, but to be fair, they are in the Bourough of Barnet, which meant you were either Arsenal or Spurs growing up in that area. However,I have seen a few R's in Colindale NW9 and ofcourse in the other stronghold parts of NW9 at Kingsbury, especially at Hennessy's.

I have have seen a few R's in Mill Hill NW7 over the years, despite Mill Hill being in the Borough of Barnet. All in all, it seems QPR have a growing following in NW, I'd say.
                        Last edited by QPRNW9; 16-11-2014, 10:59 PM.

Comment

The support base of London teams back then was widespread across the capital. In Wembley the largest following was easily Chelsea, with Rangers, Spurs, West Ham and of course the universal Cockney Reds all having reasonable figures, then there was a small smattering of Fulham and Watford, strangely when you look at how many fans they have now, virtually no Arsenal. I roved all over the borough as I was a bit of a boozer as a youngster and through my football interest became very familiar with who was who around the area. Again, Chelsea had a very strong presence, along with Wembley there were particularly large numbers in Kilburn, Stonebridge and Alperton, though that crowd were in with Wembley or Stonebridge depending on what night of the week it was. Spurs fans were quite well dotted around, but their significance was stronger than the numbers because they were organised and to be truthful, were a well known trouble firm with some extremely active central figures leading them. Did they outnumber Rangers, yeah, in some parts, especially as you went east across the borough, as did Arsenal, who as I mentioned before, seemed to pick up in support tremendously as you started to get closer to the Edgware Rd. Rangers fans had greater influence down the Harrow Rd, but even Westbourne Park had a nasty Chelsea mob (though they occasionally turned up at Loftus Rd in the 70's and joined in with us as they knew so many R's).
                          The harrow rd end that was chelsea was warwick estate-bang on bluenoses-grew up knowing them!! Edgware rd
                          -church st. Flats etc all chelsea. Kilburn was chelsea also with a few rangers-had a few pints in robert peel years ago-wall to wall loons.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Growing up around Kensal Green and later Neasden both areas were dominated by scummy gooners.
                            Ch*lsea have also been pretty well represented in Kilburn though.Funny story, a few weeks ago, I was in the prince of Wales on a Willesden lane, and there was a scum fan mouthing off how he wants to do this and that to a spurs fan.Unfortunately there were no #### in there.

Comment

I've got a horrible fear/feeling that Spurs or the scum will move into wembley stadium in 3/4 yrs time and that will completely screw our support in north west london.

Comment

Yeah, left Brent before you were born, but briefly....there were quite a lot of Rangers within the Borough, but a little spread out, so although there were decent numbers of QPR in some spots. nowhere did we dominate. In the late 70's to late 80's there were a good few home and away regulars in the Norfolk Arms, North Wembley, small groups in the Coach and Horses, Stonebridge Park and along the Harrow Rd from Harlesden to the top of the Grove. Also a decent little following from up around the top of community on the Queensbury / Edgware Rd boundaries. Kenton contained a few and the Windemere beside South Kenton station can still have a handfull on a weekend night.
                                Problem for us back then was....Chelsea. The boys in blue had three significantly large groups of support at that time, Battersea, Stockwell and the NW lads, basically Kilburn, Willesden, Stonebridge etc which produced a very useful contingent, some of whom are semi legendary figures from the Headhunter days.Neasden, never had any Rangers, f knows why, but they weren't particularly Arsenal either, who didn't start to rack up in numbers until you hit Colindale.
                                If you're looking for a Rangers supporting pub owner, then the Ship on Kilburn High Rd has an S/T holder at the helm, the others? Well most have been knocked down as the recent arrivals don't drink alcohol.
                                Norfolk Arms in North Wembley has closed down now :(
                                Anyone know any other QPR supporting pubs in NW?

Comment

Working...
                                X