Qpr in brent???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
    We should try and entice the sh*tload of Poles in East Acton to come to games
    I'd sooner them than the Somalians.
    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Not wrong
      I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

We should try and entice the sh*tload of Poles in East Acton to come to games
        Not a bad idea. Maybe adverts for QPR games in Polish. No harm in trying.

Comment

I live in Shepherd's Bush and see waaaay more people in Chelsea gear than our own (other than on match day of course)
          Lol, blimey that is taking the Michael.

Wear your QPR garms on non-match days more often to show up these glory hunters even more I say ;)

I do get the odd glance when I wear my QPR club shop garb on non-match days and at Powerleague, I must say People seem to love the hoops and name! #SleepingGiant

Comment

Originally posted by hipsterhoop View Post
            Lol, blimey that is taking the Michael.

Wear your QPR garms on non-match days more often to show up these glory hunters even more I say ;)

I do get the odd glance when I wear my QPR club shop garb on non-match days and at Powerleague, I must say People seem to love the hoops and name! #SleepingGiant
            should pie and mash wear the full kit or is that too much?
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
              Would be if he had shin pads on n all
              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
              London Pride is a flower that's free.
              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Don't think I actually own any QPR branded clothes.
                I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Lol, everyone knows the rule of the 'full kit wnker'....1 piece of QPR garment is suffice. Any more and you fall into the #full kit wnker bracket#. Unless you're under 10, then rrepresent all the way Squire!

Comment

Originally posted by hipsterhoop View Post
                    Lol, everyone knows the rule of the 'full kit wnker'....1 piece of QPR garment is suffice. Any more and you fall into the #full kit wnker bracket#. Unless you're under 10, then rrepresent all the way Squire!
                    you better tell loany then...he's off getting pads the mad sod.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Rotten Boroughs

Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post
                      What were the 'qpr pubs' in brent back in the 80's??...I was born in 85!
                      Yeah, left Brent before you were born, but briefly....there were quite a lot of Rangers within the Borough, but a little spread out, so although there were decent numbers of QPR in some spots. nowhere did we dominate. In the late 70's to late 80's there were a good few home and away regulars in the Norfolk Arms, North Wembley, small groups in the Coach and Horses, Stonebridge Park and along the Harrow Rd from Harlesden to the top of the Grove. Also a decent little following from up around the top of community on the Queensbury / Edgware Rd boundaries. Kenton contained a few and the Windemere beside South Kenton station can still have a handfull on a weekend night.
                      Problem for us back then was....Chelsea. The boys in blue had three significantly large groups of support at that time, Battersea, Stockwell and the NW lads, basically Kilburn, Willesden, Stonebridge etc which produced a very useful contingent, some of whom are semi legendary figures from the Headhunter days.Neasden, never had any Rangers, f knows why, but they weren't particularly Arsenal either, who didn't start to rack up in numbers until you hit Colindale.
                      If you're looking for a Rangers supporting pub owner, then the Ship on Kilburn High Rd has an S/T holder at the helm, the others? Well most have been knocked down as the recent arrivals don't drink alcohol.
                      Last edited by BostonR; 16-11-2014, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Yep, our very own John McCooke runs the Good Ship on Kilburn High Road. You do see a fair few Rangers shirts on kids around the QP area these days, but only since our last promotion really. Kensal Town/Maida Hill/The Avenues - basically the original home of Rangers always had a fair Rangers support base, but most of the old families moved out now. You get a reasonable number of Rangers for live games at the Corrib Rest in Queens Park.

Comment

kensal town still rangers. x
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

kensal town still rangers. x
                            not even English
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Im from right next door to the Loft entrance....beat that anyone ?
                              No. 8 Loftus rd and 38 Adelaide
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Loads of rangers in harrow. A little bit of banter and the threat of a stabbing makes most kids support the mighty hoops.it's all about the rangers, the wheels on the bus
                                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                                X