No announcement yet.

Robinson’s contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Robbo is on big money? Perhaps that's the issue?

Was signed from Liverpool at a point when we were still throwing some big contracts about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Craziest poll ive seen all year.

Comment

• Robinson

With no news so far on Robinson extending his stay at Loftus Road, I taught about two statements made by IH. The first was a while back when he declared that Robinson name is first on his team sheet, and the second was made recently. IH said that he will decide who is to stay and who is to leave. So I take it that our boss does want to keep Robinson at the club, which can only be good for the R's. Hope that negotiation is ongoing as we cannot dismantle something that looks like taking shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          With no news so far on Robinson extending his stay at Loftus Road, I taught about two statements made by IH. The first was a while back when he declared that Robinson name is first on his team sheet, and the second was made recently. IH said that he will decide who is to stay and who is to leave. So I take it that our boss does want to keep Robinson at the club, which can only be good for the R's. Hope that negotiation is ongoing as we cannot dismantle something that looks like taking shape.
          Robinson`s contract to be extended and a very physical def. midfielder in front of him and Ohuoha, will give me the notion that we are just a few puzzles away from the complete jigzaw that is QPR..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            Problem with that is Ih saying that so if he does go fans cant blame him

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Problem with that is Ih saying that so if he does go fans cant blame him
              The Robinson situation is nobody's fault.

We would have been mad to offer him a new deal at the start of the season given his injury problems. Nobody at all could have predicted the season that he's had, or the fact he's been such a success at centre half. Of course now we have a situation where Robinson can weigh up any contract offer we make him against any other offers he receives. Bound to be plenty of interest too, he'd walk straight into any Championship side, and possibly a few in the bottom half of the Prem too in my opinion!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 30-03-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                The Robinson situation is nobody's fault.

We would have been mad to offer him a new deal at the start of the season given his injury problems. Nobody at all could have predicted the season that he's had, or the fact he's been such a success at centre half. Of course now we have a situation where Robinson can way up any contract offer we make him against any other offers he receives. Bound to be plenty of interest too, he'd walk straight into any Championship side, and possibly a few in the bottom half of the Prem too in my opinion!
                I agree but a lot of fans wont see it like that imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  I agree but a lot of fans wont see it like that imo
                  Dunno what other way there is to see it Bill. Only have to go back 9 months and there was serious question marks as to whether Robbo would ever play at this level again. As I said above, would have been absolutely crackers to offer him a new deal at that point.

I suppose the only argument is that we should have tied him down as soon as he got a run of games under his belt, and prior to falling into the last 6 months of his deal. But if we did do that, and Robbo's knee went again, you can bet your mortgage that the same fans would have been questioning why we gave him a new deal.

We've handled the situation the best we could in my opinion. And let's be honest, none of us know what conversations have been / are happening between the player and the club. If he goes on a free, it's unfortunate, but it isn't anyone at the clubs fault!
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 30-03-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• These situations sometimes go in your favour and sometimes goes against you. We did have our share of luck in these situations. Scowen and Freeman springs to mind. One for free, the other for a very cheap fee. Both excelled for us. Just hoping we are not the ones that lost out this time. Robinson is crucial for the club's future.

Comment

• Agree with what Tarbs says you can’t blame anyone over this situation bigger better clubs then us in same situation look at Arsenal and Wiltshire

Still think there is chance he will stay but club need to sell more then money to him, he needs to know if he stays fit he plays week in week out or you can chance going elsewhere and possibly sitting on bench when you have already spent to much of your career not on the pitch. Sell him the future

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Agree with what Tarbs says you can’t blame anyone over this situation bigger better clubs then us in same situation look at Arsenal and Wiltshire

Still think there is chance he will stay but club need to sell more then money to him, he needs to know if he stays fit he plays week in week out or you can chance going elsewhere and possibly sitting on bench when you have already spent to much of your career not on the pitch. Sell him the future
                        I'd just give him the Captains armband mate. Ned isn't the future, even if he signs a new contract his best years are behind him. Give Robinson the armband and tell him he's gonna be leading a team of exciting young players out for the duration of his next contract.

Problem is money talks. On a free transfer there will be plenty of clubs willing to line his pockets better than we can. I'm sure a lot of those sides will also have a management team that will appeal more than Ollie and Birch too.

Comment

• I don’t think armband is that big a draw anymore to players. I’m also not convinced he’s going to get as many offers or the dough we’re speculating at. Outside of us QPR he remains a risk when you look at his injury record

He will get offers no doubt but not sure the money will be that much more then we will offer

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            I don’t think armband is that big a draw anymore to players. I’m also not convinced he’s going to get as many offers or the dough we’re speculating at. Outside of us QPR he remains a risk when you look at his injury record

He will get offers no doubt but not sure the money will be that much more then we will offer
                            Do we know what sort of state his knee is in though?

Wasn't actually a ligament injury. As I remember it, he actually ruptured the cartilage clean off the thigh bone and needed it reattached surgically. I have no idea myself if this is like a ligament injury, in that it may re-occur. I know Robinson had a horrible time coming back with pain in the knee and other conditions like shin splints etc. But I think this is quite normal after a long period of inactivity and recuperation. Robinson is a slight guy and I'm sure that year or so out caused loads of muscle groups to get weak.

For me, even if a medical raises a question mark over his knee, he'd still command a transfer fee of 3 or 4m quid if he's in contract. With this in mind, he's gonna be able to negotiate himself a decent contract with a sign-on if he's coming on a free transfer.

Comment

Working...
                            X