Should Woy drop Wayne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    They only need a drawer. Note France rested Payet yesterday.
    I'm sure Payet played.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      I'm sure Payet played.
      Sorry he was sub. Nobody is saying Rooney won't come on as sub.
      Last edited by jmelanie; 20-06-2016, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Sturridge's goal came when we had him, Alli and Rashford playing some decent fast football. Rooney's quarterback passes out wide kill any kind of momentum, I'd rather have Alli and Wilshere trying to play it to feet in and around the box.
        Actually the Sturridge goal came because Alli was further forward than he would have been in a Wilshere / Rooney role. That's the whole point: if you play either of those two Alli can enjoy himself in and around the box, especially if Sturridge is sitting slightly back.

The point you are also missing imo is that sometimes the square ball IS the best option - no point in giving it to Alli or anyone else if they don't have the potential space around them - eg every time you give it to one of the forward players who is back to goal you slow things down. In which case the square ball may make more sense.

It is all about unlocking some space for people to do damage, the transition from slow to fast. England only have two players capable of doing that - Wilshire and Rooney. Alli doesn't even come into that debate as his ability to go past a defender means he does more damage further up, where a loss of possession is less of an issue (and he has been doing that a bit recently, THFC played an awful lot of games last term).

A lot of this everyone (including Roy seems) to be learning in situ. Better late than never.
        Last edited by hal9thou; 20-06-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Has Rooney got any England future?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Has Rooney got any England future?
            Not if his performance yesterday is anything to go by. Apart from his penalty he was dreadful and could not shoot or pass the ball properly.
            Clearly he amd the other playets are better than they performed last night, but they buckled under the expectations. A player of his experience and ability should have been well above that.
            For me, he is the Tim Henman of football, a bottler when it matters most.

Comment

Should have led us through last night and got everyone playing. Poor Captain and worse performance i have ever seen from him in our hour of need.

Thanks for the past Wayne and being our record goalscorer is nothing to be sniffed at, but like the ageing man at a pub team, cant just keep changing position because he aint good enough anymore for the old position. Would leave him out if i went in as the next manager personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                Should have led us through last night and got everyone playing. Poor Captain and worse performance i have ever seen from him in our hour of need.

Thanks for the past Wayne and being our record goalscorer is nothing to be sniffed at, but like the ageing man at a pub team, cant just keep changing position because he aint good enough anymore for the old position. Would leave him out if i went in as the next manager personally.
                Worked out well when we did it with Beckham didn't it? Must've been our worst qualifying period in years after removing him from the squad just to stamp authority.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Worked out well when we did it with Beckham didn't it? Must've been our worst qualifying period in years after removing him from the squad just to stamp authority.
                  Who farking cares about when we done it to Beckham. Completely different scenario.

Not to stamp Authority either. Because he aint up to it no more.

Comment

Working...
                  X