Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it takes to build a new playing style from scratch with new players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    Am I? Did I just remove my admin title from under my username to lull my haters into a false sense of security and to provoke them into uncontrolled outbursts of insults, just to ban the bally lot soon afterwards while laughing diabolically? Surely I am not that evil ... or am I?
    No idea mate. I use the mobile version of the site and it doesn't say who is or isn't a mod.

Simple yes or no would have done. No need for war and peace
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      Am I? Did I just remove my admin title from under my username to lull my haters into a false sense of security and to provoke them into uncontrolled outbursts of insults, just to ban the bally lot soon afterwards while laughing diabolically? Surely I am not that evil ... or am I?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Arsenal and Arsen Wenger overnight

Neil Warnock C/P 1st time overnight

Neil Warnock QPR overnight

Koeman Southampton overnight
        Laughable! Southampton had to drop down to League 1 to completely re-address how they did things. Koeman inherited a club that already had the right foundations in place. He inherited it from Pochetino or whatever his name is, who continued the good work of Nigel Adkins who started it all.

Same with Swansea. Martinez implimented the style of play they use now. Sousa, Rogers, Laudrup and Monk are simply continuing what he started in 2007!!!

There’s a difference between a manager simply doing a good job and completely changing the clubs philosophy. Wenger is the only name from that list I’ll give you.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
          Laughable! Southampton had to drop down to League 1 to completely re-address how they did things. Koeman inherited a club that already had the right foundations in place. He inherited it from Pochetino or whatever his name is, who continued the good work of Nigel Adkins who started it all.

Same with Swansea. Martinez implimented the style of play they use now. Sousa, Rogers, Laudrup and Monk are simply continuing what he started in 2007!!!

There’s a difference between a manager simply doing a good job and completely changing the clubs philosophy. Wenger is the only name from that list I’ll give you.
          Err how many players left Southampton last close season and how many players did Koeman bring in

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Err how many players left Southampton last close season and how many players did Koeman bring in
            The season before Koeman arrived Southampton were already doing well and finished the 2 seasons before his arrival 14th and then 8th before he took over. Last season they finished 7th.

Hardly 'overnight'. As i've already said, there is a difference between a manager doing a good job (which Koeman has done) to completely changing a clubs philosophy. He is continuing the work of those who were at the helm before him.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
              The season before Koeman arrived Southampton were already doing well and finished the 2 seasons before his arrival 14th and then 8th before he took over. Last season they finished 7th.

Hardly 'overnight'. As i've already said, there is a difference between a manager doing a good job (which Koeman has done) to completely changing a clubs philosophy. He is continuing the work of those who were at the helm before him.

The post wasn't about a clubs philosophy it was about playing style Koeman and the other managers mentioned had to rebuild their squads or change their playing structures to set the teams going forward
              But if it was just about a clubs philosophy then Wenger is the only one I can think of as he changed the whole structure of the playing style from years of defence football into an attacking game
              Last edited by dogsrrs; 11-08-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X