No announcement yet.

Be honest now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't that confident last time but I honestly think we could've done alright that season if we'd won an early match, say Norwich or Spurs (where we looked alright tbh). I think not winning just sent us into free fall & killed us mentally.

Even if we get Mutch & Isla & don't sell anyone I'd like a few new faces in. I'd be reasonably confident if we could get those 2, Fer & a surprise on deadline day. Anyone outgoing needs to be replaced.

It feels like this squad is 1 or 2 injuries away from turmoil.

Comment

More confident now.... Cos Mark Hughes isn't around.

Comment

I am more confident now because we have built a very strong spirit within the club. We have a core squad of home grown players, who realise what's expected of them. We have better quality in the squad. We have a manager and backroom staff who are far superior.

I'm very confident to be honest. A decent box to box, ball winning midfielder, a number 10 and a striker and I'm delighted with our transfer business. I'm assuming Isla and Mutch have signed ;) Comfortable survival if we can bring in the above three players as high a quality as the previous incomings.

Prediction with our current squad: 14-17th.
        Prediction with quality additions: 10-14th.

Comment

About the same to be honest. I'm not getting my hopes up and expecting too much. 17th will do me just fine.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I am more confident now because...?

We released a lot of players we didn't need or going to use.

We've only brought in two players so far who I believe have improved the squad.

The togetherness the squad have right now is something I've not seen in a long while.

Two new players coming in within the next 24 hours I hope will improve the squad further.

We maybe bottom half of the table but no way will it be bottom three at the end of the season.

More positives going into this season than last time, so I'm happy!

I have this feeling we'll do better than expected.

Comment

More confident than was 2 season ago is simple no Hughes

Comment

Definitely less confident than I was 2 years ago. Let's see how they play together.

Comment

I'm actually more confident now, then I was then. Why? Well, we have Harry Redknapp as our manager, we have a good nucleus in the form of Championship hardened players like, Joey Barton, Danny Simpson, Nedum Onuoha, Robert Green, Charlie Austin, Ale Faurlin, Bobby Zamora, and bolstered by some very good signings in Rio Ferdinand, Steven Caulker, Jordon Mutch, and Mauricio Isla.
                  And Loic Remy feels like a new signing, considering we all thought he was going to Liverpool.
                  Two more, possibly three, good additions, and we will more than hold our own.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
                    I'm less confident.

Pre-season under Hughes was quite exciting - it felt like we had survived and could now push on. Players like Green, Cesar, Nelsen, Park and Bosingwa looked like they would add some experience and solidity to the squad, even if they were no longer world beaters. It looked like the club has also done good business with younger players like Diakite, Mbia, Fabio and Granero coming in. I was concerned about the lack of strikers, but Cisse and Zamora had finished the season well, and Johnson, Macheda and Bothroyd all looked like decent squad players. I don't think anyone expected it would go as wrong as it did.

This season: we're still pretty light two weeks out from the opening match, and we were very, very lucky to be promoted last season. The team rarely played with any fluidity, and poor performances this season will be punished far more harshly than they were by Championship-level opposition. If we get off to a decent start I think we'll be alright, but if we're still looking for a win after the first five game, we'll be in big, big trouble. More than staying up I hope we cut the wage bill and spend sensibly so if we do go down the club's future won't be in as much peril as it was last time.
                    Tend to agree, think we will get turned over. Our midfield is very weak and will IMHO get run straight through putting intolerable pressure on the defence. Going to be a long hard season.

Comment

honestly thought that some of hughes first signings were going to shift us up to a higher level so am cautious this time round. knowing what we know now our strength is our choice of player who will bond and get into this band of brothers ethos so in that respect we are heading in the right direction.
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                        Tend to agree, think we will get turned over. Our midfield is very weak and will IMHO get run straight through putting intolerable pressure on the defence. Going to be a long hard season.
                        Aint we just added to proper shite hot midfielders and yet you still come out with that? Who should we buy then as to not struggle then?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          Until the transfer window closes and all new signings are complete, I wouldn't be able to tell you how confident I'd be over how the season as a whole will pan out.

Boring answer I know but an honest one. I maintain this would be a decent poll to repost at that time.

I'd also wager there'll be more than "a couple more players" incoming before then.
                          Same here. I'd guess on 3/4 more + a couple of loans so things will change some more once the dust has settled. I do have confidence that if Harry is able to assemble his team then survival is a safe bet.
                          Also not sure I agree with some posters focussing on the new signings. Dont think it tells much to look at the starting XI as a measure of how the team will fare - better instead to look at the second XI and realistically judge where they would finish.

Comment

People have so short memories here! Two season's ago 80 % of posters thought we would easily be a top 10 team. We had just signed THREE Champions League winners!
                            We had ''build from the back'', had an awesome midfielder who sir Alex used in ''all the most important games'' and Cesar - probably the best goalkeeper in the world.
                            I knew all those three were **** and was labelled as an village idiot because of my opinions.
                            My weak point was Green. I thought signing him alone would mean 6-8 points more compared the season before. That was very silly and I regret it every day. Football isn't mathematics and only fools believe in stats.

Comment

I am not particularly confident because I am not convinced the squad has enough strength in depth to do well.

Central defence has 3 CB's who are into their mid 30s. Ferdinand is or rather, was a classy player but given that he is now approaching 36 will he actually be playing much for QPR.

Who will be the defensive midfielder for QPR, Henry? He wasnt good enough for Wolves a few seasons ago, so will hardly have improved during the last 3 seasons.

Where is the creativity in midfield? Perhaps Mutch can fill this role, but as I didnt really pay much attention to him last season, I am not convinced. If Taarabt stays and improves his attitude and performance, he can be a useful creative player, but that is a big IF.

The strikers are Austin Zamora and Remy, if he decides to stay. QPR need one more and two if Remy still wants to go.

Overall, I think QPR might just about have enough to stay up, especially if the new signings blend in well and Remy stays on, but I wouldn't say I was confident about the season ahead.

Comment

[QUOTE=zeberdee;1301272]Same here. I'd guess on 3/4 more + a couple of loans so things will change some more once the dust has settled. I do have confidence that if Harry is able to assemble his team then survival is a safe bet.
                                Also not sure I agree with some posters focussing on the new signings. Dont think it tells much to look at the starting XI as a measure of how the team will fare - better instead to look at the second XI and realistically judge where they would finish.[/QUOTE]

the 2nd 11 is an expecially big concern for me. Murphy in goal, Hill or Dunne at CB, SWP on the wing Simpson as a RWB and Henry in midfield with Zamora up front, doesn't make me confident.

Comment

Working...
                                X