Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had an interesting private conversation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had an interesting private conversation...

... with someone who is quite indifferent to football. He asked how fans of any particular football club classify themselves. What does supporting a team actually mean to us? He used the word "hobby", it seemed a matter-of-fact definition to him, but I am not so sure myself. How would you define it? Here is a little poll to help things going
    Hobby
    20.00%
    Religion
    52.73%
    Curse
    14.55%
    Chore
    1.82%
    Something else, what?
    10.91%

The poll is expired.

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Religion/curse lol
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

What's with public polls on here these days? Is this a secret NSA or GHQ spying mission where all your allegiances are recorded in a government life file?

Comment

Well it's like a religion... A baseless faith that things will work out for the best.. superstitions that items we wear or actions we do will somehow influence the outcome...defying the fact we deep down know we cannot influence a thing... Plus those who don't appreciate the beautiful game are viewed as lost and "godless" .... Hehehe

Comment

An adrenaline fix

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
            What's with public polls on here these days? Is this a secret NSA or GHQ spying mission where all your allegiances are recorded in a government life file?
            Have you something to hide, Comrade?
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Best way of getting out of doing DIY or Gardening.
              My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Put down hobby because I've no idea what else I'd do with my weekends.

Certainly felt like a chore the last few years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                  An adrenaline fix
                  If that means something else then I'm with ya!

Comment

i thinkit panders on religion.....you know it will ultimately let you down and cost you a fortune!........must be like being a catholic!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

A life long hobby of course....anyone who voted chore needs to find a different hobby!

Comment

Obsession for me

Comment

All of the above!!

Comment

As legendary manager Bill Shankly once famously remarked, “Some people believe football is a matter of life or death.

“I am very disappointed with that attitude – I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

That should be one of the options on the Poll K.

And as as the legendary Jim Royle also once said "football, a hobby, my R's"
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Can't understand how it can be seen as a hobby. Surely a hobby is something you can take or leave. Can't think of any hobby that would possibly evoke such excitement, passion, emotion, anger, frustration and either put you in a good mood for a few days/weeks or make you as miserable as sin when things aren't going to plan.

Or one that would cause grown men to go on an internet forum and argue and fall out so much with others who share the same hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X