What would it take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take

for you to change your view on JFH? Whilst I am not a fan of JFH, I wouldn't want to change him unless it was the overwhelming fans view to get rid of him. In that way we'd be starting under a new manager without people moaning that we go rid of him. So, if you're pro JFH, what would it take for you to change? It works both ways, of course. I was thinking about what would need to happen for me to get behind JFH. I've got to admit, I didn't like him from the start because I saw him as totally inexperienced to manage a club like mine. That combined with the style of football....But brentford under flood lights, few beers, feeling like a new man. Results to me have been ok overall, I think our squad is good and could do better but results not bad. So, I think if we can see a bit more attacking play, I'll be not converted yet but at least a non-moaner.....of course, i'd want to remain mid-tableish.

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    for you to change your view on JFH? Whilst I am not a fan of JFH, I wouldn't want to change him unless it was the overwhelming fans view to get rid of him. In that way we'd be starting under a new manager without people moaning that we go rid of him. So, if you're pro JFH, what would it take for you to change? It works both ways, of course. I was thinking about what would need to happen for me to get behind JFH. I've got to admit, I didn't like him from the start because I saw him as totally inexperienced to manage a club like mine. That combined with the style of football....But brentford under flood lights, few beers, feeling like a new man. Results to me have been ok overall, I think our squad is good and could do better but results not bad. So, I think if we can see a bit more attacking play, I'll be not converted yet but at least a non-moaner.....of course, i'd want to remain mid-tableish.
    He falls on his sword and resigns.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      He falls on his sword and resigns.
      not for turning on this one then. I presume that must mean it's the telegraph stuff that has done it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        not for turning on this one then. I presume that must mean it's the telegraph stuff that has done it for you?
        Yes.

Comment

If he is found gulity in the case against him I will want him gone.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

For me I am currently pro JFH and to change I would say a period of bad results that leads us to a genuine threat of relegation.

Comment

Not much. Three wins in a row and top six position before the end of this year and a clear declaration that his goal is to get us to the Premier League this or next season latest.

Comment

we cant sack him,Dwight Yorke would have a massive we are racist meltdown
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  we cant sack him,Dwight Yorke would have a massive we are racist meltdown
                  he'd have called old sir bobby racist for the paul parker "incey" story.

Comment

Playing two up front / just the one holding midfielder and going for the win Friday night would be a good start.

Comment

in al honesty i dont think any manager could really sort us out to be what we all imagine. It just seems we try to do things right but just never click it. I truely think we are cursed. its just one #### up or drama after another season in season out for decades.
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Wanted him gone ASAP the day the story broke and now will never really like him as a bloke cos of it.
                        The club has chosen to trust him and believe him and i dont but i think hes doing a good job and slowly (yeah yeah i know very slowly, dross dross dross) but surely building a squad from the ground up without spending silly money and bringing in any loans or mercernaries.
                        Stil think top six is achievable this season with a lot of Fulham type luck, but if it doesnt happen then next year im certain it will.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                          in al honesty i dont think any manager could really sort us out to be what we all imagine. It just seems we try to do things right but just never click it. I truely think we are cursed. its just one #### up or drama after another season in season out for decades.
                          Agree up to a point. Whilst I don't think (Newcastle and Norwich aside) that the quality in this division is not up to much, the squad we have at the moment is a mid-table one, and anybody expecting a Top Six finish (Nass, you there?) is simply being unrealistic at this point - it would've taken anybody we'd appointed a while to recitfy the mess we're in. With that said, I do think that we want to see the team we've got have a go and be allowed to express themselves a little more....too many times under JFH's management, we've played it safe and settled for draws when a win would've been entirely possible had we taken a chance. Would that also result in us losing games that we could take a point from? Of course. The fact is though that draws don't really help you in this division, and they never have. Like I say, aside from the top few sides the rest are generally much of a muchness, and you need to be consistently winning your home games if you want build something. That's personally where I'd like to see him improve.
                          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 26-10-2016, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Wanted him gone ASAP the day the story broke and now will never really like him as a bloke cos of it.
                            The club has chosen to trust him and believe him and i dont but i think hes doing a good job and slowly (yeah yeah i know very slowly, dross dross dross) but surely building a squad from the ground up without spending silly money and bringing in any loans or mercernaries.
                            Stil think top six is achievable this season with a lot of Fulham type luck, but if it doesnt happen then next year im certain it will.
                            I think that's going to be a big problem for him from now on. Regardless of how involved he was / what his motivations were, many fans will not be able to trust or warm to him after it came out...he's going to have a hard time changing their minds too.
                            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 26-10-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                              I think that's going to be a big problem for him from now on. Regardless of how involved he was / what his motivations were, many fans will not be able to trust or warm him after it came out...he's going to have a hard time changing their minds too.
                              And it was hard enough warming to him before 'pret a gate' cos of his Chelsea connections.

Comment

Working...
                              X