A Man Mental.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    People just want an angry aggressive manager because they are angry/aggressive. It doesn't always work out. Sir Alex only locked it right because he was also a supremely caring figure to his players. They didn't fight because they feared him, they fought because they respected him. Pearson would get no respect. Not that he deserves any.
    Kasper Schmeikel seems to have an awful lot of respect for him and has no reason to "fear" him anymore.
    Don't have a problem with him laying into a few fans, let's face it, there are some right b€llends in our crowd who would benefit from it.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
      All about man managing. Rocket up the ar*es does not work in this modern game any more. Might get a reaction the first time, but players will switch off and ignore it. If dropped they are on the blower to their agent for a move. Even at non league level I have learn't not to hit the roof anymore.

Pep Guardiola, arguably the best manager in world football right now - He seems a nice guy.
      Guardiola isnt mild. He's supposedly got a massive temper.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        You reckon the Leicester players didn't respect Pearson?
        How could they respect someone who assaulted a fellow professional, or who verbally insulted a fan, or who called a reporter an Ostrich.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Was the person "professional"? Was it the Brentford fan? Did the reporter have a long neck?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            Was the person "professional"? Was it the Brentford fan? Did the reporter have a long neck?
            I'd say pearson looked more Ostrich-y than the reporter but I'd be insulting Ostriches worldwide.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He defo has plusses and minusses but I'm not convinced it would last very long , if you want a manager that that could work in conjuction with a dof (Les) long term Davey Moyes would be a better choice if we could pull it off ,

Comment

How could they respect someone who assaulted a fellow professional, or who verbally insulted a fan, or who called a reporter an Ostrich.
                I'd say they respected him nass. I don't think they would've won the games they did, if they didn't respect him

Comment

Calling a reporter an ostrich is a plus point in his favour in my book.

Comment

ahhh, hubble got there before me. i was going to say we'll need to clear out all the ostriches in employ at the club before we go and get him then.

for the record though, he's a no from me. just because our last manager was "mr nice guy" doesn't mean we have to go for the complete opposite in the next breath.

this thread is jokes anyway: how many times do we all need to be told Aint Gonna Happen. Hoos and Pierson = oil and water
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Not being funny, but who actually cares, as long as he does the job properly, and if he does that through having an element of fear then so be it.

Ramsey and Wilkins, who were both as nice as pie, didn't have a clue and were not up to the job.

If you listen to the interview with the reporter he actually defends his players to the hilt whilst tearing in to him, so that's a good quality in my opinion.

Make no mistake, Leicester are where they are now through the development of Pearson. He ####ed the Championship and consolidated them in the Prem when everyone thought they were dead and buried last season

Be my No 1 choice

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post

Not being funny, but who actually cares, as long as he does the job properly, and if he does that through having an element of fear then so be it.

Ramsey and Wilkins, who were both as nice as pie, didn't have a clue and were not up to the job.

If you listen to the interview with the reporter he actually defends his players to the hilt whilst tearing in to him, so that's a good quality in my opinion.

Make no mistake, Leicester are where they are now through the development of Pearson. He ####ed the Championship and consolidated them in the Prem when everyone thought they were dead and buried last season

Be my No 1 choice
                        yeah? and felix magath and roy keane are tough as nails but couldn't get the job done what's your point?

again, pearson doesnt get on with Hoos. and even if he does come to this club, ...yeah the transfer windows going to go over like a peach innit, the manager and ceo at handbags. lol
                        Rangers Til I Die
                        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                          yeah? and felix magath and roy keane are tough as nails but couldn't get the job done what's your point?

again, pearson doesnt get on with Hoos. and even if he does come to this club, ...yeah the transfer windows going to go over like a peach innit, the manager and ceo at handbags. lol
                          My point is that people are saying that Pearson's not very nice hence that is the reason they don't want him at the club, which is why I was saying that being nice doesn't mean you will do it any better.

As for the transfer window issue, you would hope that people getting paid millions of pounds a year might put their differences aside and act professionally in the best interest of their employer.

Comment

Pearson now 1/4. Do they know something or are they just playing it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                              Pearson now 1/4. Do they know something or are they just playing it safe.
                              I used to swear blind by them odds with the bookies and that would mean one million per cent done deal a couple of years back, but since Charlie to Newcastle I don't take it as gospel anymore.

Comment

Yeah probably them just slashing it so they don't get stung bigtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X