This what you call a balanced report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    The reason I say that is because I wouldn't imagine offensively that these players would need to gel much more. The issues we've had in the past when going up is a reliance on an individual to get us goals. I think this team has the sign that everyone will get goals.
    You can't say that. You don't know...... You think. You imagine. Four games in. W2 L1 D1. Slow down, fella.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. You're too funny. You think this is papering over the cracks? A squad full of youth, but no we are just papering over the short term cracks. Getting rid of all the high earners in the space of two summers? No we are just papering over the cracks. We have made mistakes but the FACTS are there to see. This is no papering over the cracks job, this is a long term boost to the football club in the direction we want it to go.

As for only two excellent signings, I firmly have faith that Polter, JET, Gladwin, Hall and Prouhouly will come good in the long run for this club. We will have a team capable of getting promoted but also staying up because of the way we play. If we keep austin, we will do much better than anyone here thinks because our defence will click soon. Just need time to gel with their different styles.
      Extremely early to suggest the latter paragraph.

Nasser, you're great mate. Your very optimistic and I'm sure Les and Uncle Tone would consider giving you a PR job for the club but lets face it, me and you will NEVER agree on anything that involves criticizing the club, purely because you dont like to criticize, full stop.

What i would say to you though is, going out on a limb and saying some of things you say in advance achieves nothing. Its very risky and could be perceived as naive.

Lets see where we finish this season with these players you are pinning your hopes on.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        err since when did 6 teams get relegated , you actually think we wern't lucky to get a draw from Cardiff you don't think the Wolves game could have gone either way you don't think we were hanging on at the death against Rotherham ?
        Im going to put this out there and say in no way whatsoever in any realms of reality were we lucky to get a draw against Cardiff and actually they were the lucky ones, same as any team who scores an equaliser with the last kick of the game is lucky, no matter what division, what league and what country.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          You can't say that. You don't know...... You think. You imagine. Four games in. W2 L1 D1. Slow down, fella.
          There are signs that suggests this attack is much more on song than previous ones. Its not really dependant on results but you can see in the way we play differently to previous seasons. You look at the teams who succeed from promotion and its because they had multiple goalscorers. Its looking very likely that we have a similar build up. IF this team were to get promoted (still an if), I have faith that they are more likely to do better than previous promotion teams because we have built around a style as opposed to a player.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            6th in the league - Yes.
            Come back from one of the league favs - Yes
            Scored most goals in league - Yes
            Conceded 2 goals a game - Yes. Should this not be a concern though?
            Excellent signings and squad full of youth? - I'd say we've made 2 'excellent' signings, Luongo, Chery. But squad full of youth, YES.
            Club being run better than last season? - Hard to say if this is a fact? But it looks better yes.
            An owner willing to put his money where his mouth is in the long run? - Not sure this is a fact because we cant see the future? and it looks like he has stopped spending for now?

You've proved my point though Nasser, you've outlined the facts of this season, which means you are willing to paper over the cracks of where we are now.

In regards to the present, which your facts are based on then yes for now we look OK but i am not so easily able to just throw the past in the bin of why we are where we are now, because should never of got to this stage. It should never of got to an £8m FFP fine, back in the Champ, scrapping the barrel for players like Oscar Gobern and Leon Best. Under the TF reign by now we SHOULD of been established in the Prem.. Mistake mistake mistake by the owners has led to us being where we are now, scrapping the barrel (again) for positives, like being 6th in the Championship.

I don't get too excited about the present until after Xmas in a season.
            West, your post is littered with grammar and spelling mistakes which indicates a very low level of education. How can you expect to be taken seriously? Saying should OF" when it's "should HAVE", for example, gives it away.

You don't want people thinking you're as thick as two boards do you?
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
              West, your post is littered with grammar and spelling mistakes which indicates a very low level of education. How can you expect to be taken seriously? Saying should OF" when it's "should HAVE", for example, gives it away.

Can we all just calm down please

Comment

There are signs that suggests this attack is much more on song than previous ones. Its not really dependant on results but you can see in the way we play differently to previous seasons. You look at the teams who succeed from promotion and its because they had multiple goalscorers. Its looking very likely that we have a similar build up. IF this team were to get promoted (still an if), I have faith that they are more likely to do better than previous promotion teams because we have built around a style as opposed to a player.
                Conversing with you is sometimes like talking to a moonie, Nas..... I ought appreciate your enthusiasm, but how you get from signs that suggest, it looking very likely, likely to do better etc, to going up and staying up is a mystery to me. Especially when two of the team who started Saturday could be offski ASAP. We may be building around a style, but it's absurd to say we have built a style after four games. In which we could easily have lost to Wolves and merely squeaked home against Rotherham. If? Yes if. Promising signs? Yes. Especially Luongo and Chery. Tuesday notwithstanding.

Faith? You have that in abundance, my friend. Lucky you!!!

Comment

And what does this sort of personal post say for your education? - Cant say i care too much about my grammar on a message board. I think its quite sad that you do?

Comment

And what does this sort of personal post say for your education? - Cant say i care too much about my grammar on a message board. I think its quite sad that you do?
                    Think all you want. Was just pointing out it's difficult to understand what you write at times because of your poor command of English. No offence meant.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Think all you want. Was just pointing out it's difficult to understand what you write at times because of your poor command of English. No offence meant.
                      No offence meant? If you're an educated man then you will know what causes offence and what doesn't. Run along smart a4se, its a football forum not an online platform for an English exam.
                      Last edited by West London is Rss; 27-08-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Grammar police out again I see. Bit embarrassing if that's your only point.

I wouldn't say I was a doom-monger nor would I say I was a happy clapper, I can see both points of view tbh, poor leadership off the field, some poor signings, possible cheap option manager... But I also see roots of recovery, some nice football played at times and some very nice signings.

Mistakes will be made with this manager and this squad, that's just where we are. Will we get better? probably. Will we lose stupid games? Definately.

People have different views and so should they, just no need for the bile sometimes.... rant(ish) over.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                          Not the meltdown crap in here in the last few days.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...rs/news/40054/
                          Oh ffs....do we have to have..... up his own a***'s reports on here?...
                          Last edited by QPRDave; 27-08-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

In regards to the present, which your facts are based on then yes for now we look OK but i am not so easily able to just throw the past in the bin of why we are where we are now, because should never of got to this stage. It should never of got to an £8m FFP fine, back in the Champ, scrapping the barrel for players like Oscar Gobern and Leon Best. Under the TF reign by now we SHOULD of been established in the Prem.. Mistake mistake mistake by the owners has led to us being where we are now, scrapping the barrel (again) for positives, like being 6th in the Championship.
                            You can be a right old moaning git at times and an argumentative so and so.

But that paragraph is absolutely correct in my opinion. And whilst it's commendable that some wish to stand up for the club, the owners, the managementand the players, one needs to accept that some things have been done badly.

A bit of perspective on either side might go some way to getting nearer to the truth of the matter.

Comment

Reading the post above in your quote brighton , we have signed leon best then yeah? Oh no. Oh no no no.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Reading the post above in your quote brighton , we have signed leon best then yeah? Oh no. Oh no no no.
                                Maybe not him, Kev.

Would he come though?

Comment

Working...
                                X