Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR 0 MK Dons 1 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Fraggy, personally I'm not one for resorting to derogatory nicknames, it's just not my style. However IMO Ollie has become fair game for it if people do choose to use them for the simple reason that he has persistently insulted my (and many others') intelligence by way of his atrocious management this season. I think it's a case of fans saying enough is enough, and their way of expressing frustration at something they have no other control over, other than voicing their concerns on a fans forum like this. Just as one little example, when I discovered he'd employed wingbacks again yesterday it made my blood boil (as you can read from earlier on in this thread), and that wrath was expressed with insults towards him, which IMO were 100% justified. However I do think the players are not fair game for that treatment being that they have zero control over whether or not they're selected to play, particularly being that most of them always give 100% within their own abilities and the system they're playing in.
    Decent post that Stan, well said.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      Quality of nicknames needs to be better though Stan. Hollowhead is a classic but....Knobhead, Gump even Washingline FFS...terrible stuff.
      Agree with this as well

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        Quality of nicknames needs to be better though Stan. Hollowhead is a classic but....Knobhead, Gump even Washingline FFS...terrible stuff.
        Agree Brian, some really need to up their creative game

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Agree Brian, some really need to up their creative game
          How about "Electric Chair", I like that one!
          @gatorTFC

          Comment


          • Stan I more than most understand your frustration with Ollie, as we do get to discuss via other mediums. And as stated many times, I enjoy reading your views whether I agree or not with them, as they are always fairly constructive and never resort insults.
            If certain people feel the need to insult Ollie due to their frustration at his lack of understanding that square pegs shouldn't go into round holes, then fair enough. But I am glad that you at least agree the players do not deserve this form of abuse.
            As we have said many times, players and club employees read this forum, and I am sure when some players see the names they are being called by supporters of the club they represent, it probably doesn't inspire them to go out there and give 100%.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              Stan I more than most understand your frustration with Ollie, as we do get to discuss via other mediums. And as stated many times, I enjoy reading your views whether I agree or not with them, as they are always fairly constructive and never resort insults.
              If certain people feel the need to insult Ollie due to their frustration at his lack of understanding that square pegs shouldn't go into round holes, then fair enough. But I am glad that you at least agree the players do not deserve this form of abuse.
              As we have said many times, players and club employees read this forum, and I am sure when some players see the names they are being called by supporters of the club they represent, it probably doesn't inspire them to go out there and give 100%.
              Too right fraggy & agree fully, same as ollies behavior lately, as he`ll be fully aware of pelters he`d be getting, so hence his rant or two!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Fraggy, personally I'm not one for resorting to derogatory nicknames, it's just not my style. However IMO Ollie has become fair game for it if people do choose to use them for the simple reason that he has persistently insulted my (and many others') intelligence by way of his atrocious management this season. I think it's a case of fans saying enough is enough, and their way of expressing frustration at something they have no other control over, other than voicing their concerns on a fans forum like this. Just as one little example, when I discovered he'd employed wingbacks again yesterday it made my blood boil (as you can read from earlier on in this thread), and that wrath was expressed with insults towards him, which IMO were 100% justified. However I do think the players are not fair game for that treatment being that they have zero control over whether or not they're selected to play, particularly being that most of them always give 100% within their own abilities and the system they're playing in.
                your right stan, the players should not be blamed for being picked. i will tone down on the gumps and feel free to change the name of the gump update thread.

                only nicknames from me will be directed at hollowhead/knobhead.

                brian wilson, i will try to do better with the names in future
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  Stan I more than most understand your frustration with Ollie, as we do get to discuss via other mediums. And as stated many times, I enjoy reading your views whether I agree or not with them, as they are always fairly constructive and never resort insults.
                  If certain people feel the need to insult Ollie due to their frustration at his lack of understanding that square pegs shouldn't go into round holes, then fair enough. But I am glad that you at least agree the players do not deserve this form of abuse.
                  As we have said many times, players and club employees read this forum, and I am sure when some players see the names they are being called by supporters of the club they represent, it probably doesn't inspire them to go out there and give 100%.
                  Hypocrite

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    your right stan, the players should not be blamed for being picked. i will tone down on the gumps and feel free to change the name of the gump update thread.

                    only nicknames from me will be directed at hollowhead/knobhead.

                    brian wilson, i will try to do better with the names in future
                    We need disco to come up with some names. He's the poet.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

                      brian wilson, i will try to do better with the names in future
                      #pressureison

                      Comment


                      • Just seen the highlights.
                        How the hell did Scowens reach the ball and keep it from going for a throw in on the halfway line.
                        He ran like his life depended on it, and thank god he did, who knows, and im actually to frightened to even envisage what could of happened if it had crossed the line for the throw.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          We need disco to come up with some names. He's the poet.
                          Good shout Bakes. Discodroid is very creative and should post more.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Good shout Bakes. Discodroid is very creative and should post more.
                            I think he's tired at the moment Stan. Used all his creative 'juices' with 'the protein in the teeth' quip yesterday.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              Stan I more than most understand your frustration with Ollie, as we do get to discuss via other mediums. And as stated many times, I enjoy reading your views whether I agree or not with them, as they are always fairly constructive and never resort insults.
                              If certain people feel the need to insult Ollie due to their frustration at his lack of understanding that square pegs shouldn't go into round holes, then fair enough. But I am glad that you at least agree the players do not deserve this form of abuse.
                              As we have said many times, players and club employees read this forum, and I am sure when some players see the names they are being called by supporters of the club they represent, it probably doesn't inspire them to go out there and give 100%.




                              sorry, cannot let this go.

                              are you suggesting that people on here commenting about a player/players are affecting their preformance on the pitch.

                              so its my fault that washington is pants? (note i said washington)

                              so, unless its something good, people should not express their feelings on here because it could affect the players preformance?

                              Come on man!!!
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                              Comment


                              • Not very professional if they are offended by a bit of name calling?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X