Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Wilkins RIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RIP Ray Wilkins
    Little known fact that he played more times for QPR than Man U & only 3 less than he did for Chelsea.
    Played against him many years ago and he scored 4 without breaking a sweat.
    oldhoop

    The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

    Comment


    • Sad News. RIP Sir Ray Wilkins.

      Comment


      • RIP Ray.

        As a player - he was a massive contribution to us being the top London club. Stopped all of the snides and jokes.

        I hope you're having a pint and a laugh with Big Mac up there.

        Comment


        • Fond memory of Ray was the night game we stuffed Leeds Utd 4-1 at home. They were flying high in the league.

          Ball came over into the paddock and Ray had come to receive it for the throw in. I just casually ambled over to the stray ball until Ray bellowed 'for f uck say son get your f ucking skates on will ya'

          After the game I saw him in the old players bar above the club shop & he came straight over & said 'sorry about that young man we had them on the move you see' to be honest he could of given me a right hook & I'd still of been in awe of him.

          Absolutely class act of a man.

          Comment


          • Really nice tweet from the clubs offish.

            Check out @QPRFC’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/QPRFC/status/981...759454209?s=09

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Really nice tweet from the clubs offish.

              Check out @QPRFC’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/QPRFC/status/981...759454209?s=09
              Those goals bring back lots of memories .

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Fond memory of Ray was the night game we stuffed Leeds Utd 4-1 at home. They were flying high in the league.

                Ball came over into the paddock and Ray had come to receive it for the throw in. I just casually ambled over to the stray ball until Ray bellowed 'for f uck say son get your f ucking skates on will ya'

                After the game I saw him in the old players bar above the club shop & he came straight over & said 'sorry about that young man we had them on the move you see' to be honest he could of given me a right hook & I'd still of been in awe of him.

                Absolutely class act of a man.
                Love this.

                Comment


                • Yeah really well said dazzer
                  I played sunday league football today.

                  Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                  I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                  We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by OldR
                    Sad, terrible news and I've no doubt that there'll be a few tears amongst our fans today.

                    In an era where the club seem to determined to 'recognise' anyone who can make it to Loftus Road on a match day with a place in the pathetic and embarrassing Forever R's club, lets hope that they can find the time to do something proper for a true QPR legend.
                    Gotta admit that I welled up a bit when I heard he'd passed. So sad. Thoughts are with the family.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      Devastated with the news, cant quite get this around my head, not only a great player for the club but for football as a whole.

                      I had the unfortunate journey of reading some of the careless posts on this thread, quite frankly without naming or shaming as there was far too much, you should be ashamed.

                      No wonder social / online media as a whole has gone mad, people managing to get away with saying ridiculous comments, this just proves it.
                      I'd politely request that the mods delete the early part of the thread. I'm sure those that said bad things wish they hadn't, and this thread shouldn't be about any of that rubbish.

                      Comment


                      • I think we were all rather expecting this, but nevertheless damn and blast.
                        His name when it comes up in conversation will always be greeted with a smile and a nod of appreciation.

                        Comment


                        • RIP Super Ray. Thanks for all the memories.

                          A top 3 Qpr player in my lifetime. Anyone who says different wasn't around in the early 90s.

                          Rest in peace.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            I'd politely request that the mods delete the early part of the thread. I'm sure those that said bad things wish they hadn't, and this thread shouldn't be about any of that rubbish.
                            I did request that on the day of my post, as i feared this would happen if the terrible thing happened and he passed, but was sadly informed the rules state its not allowed mate.

                            Comment


                            • R I P Ray Wilkins. Very sad news. A legend and a leader of men.

                              Comment


                              • Rip Ray
                                I amazed Alan Brazil is still alive with his lifestyle
                                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X