Dark arts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark arts?

Well maybe just a bit on the Greyside? It was very noticeable how team did their best to ensure the time ran down and we kept a clean sheet which was arguably more important than risking all for an extra goal.
    The Time wasting in the corner flag area was a peculiar joy to watch. the team looks far less naive Steve knew what he was doing with the loans and Rangel. credit to him and his coaching team.

Funny we chatted about this during game and discussed if from the youth teams if players are taught to win free kicks (I won’t say dive) as Eze, Manning and Furlong have nack of winning freekicks when under pressure

it’s about time we wised up and stopped being a push over. Being street wise is something which has been totally ignored last few seasons with emphasis instead focused on passion

Comment

Noticed and was pleasantly surprised how we, for instance would play out from the back and then run across
      an opposing player, get brought down, not diving, and win a free kick. Lines cleared.
      Game management i believe it's called. Like a good team does, and we get it all the time against us

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
        Well maybe just a bit on the Greyside? It was very noticeable how team did their best to ensure the time ran down and we kept a clean sheet which was arguably more important than risking all for an extra goal.
        The Time wasting in the corner flag area was a peculiar joy to watch. the team looks far less naive Steve knew what he was doing with the loans and Rangel. credit to him and his coaching team.
        I'm greedy. I wanted a fourth goal.

Comment

So often in the past we were not capable of wasting more than 2 secs in the corner. Bit of Well's skill there. His arris almost had a mind of it's own he stuck it out so far.

Comment

Good to see us control the ending instead of our usual lump it up and hope scrambling for an equaliser or our sit back but invite pressure on and have everyone behind the ball in a bid to secure a win. Best way is to do it from the front and keep the ball in their half. Team is learning well and they seem more 'together' than they ever were with Ollie in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

I'm greedy. I wanted a fourth goal.
              me too - i can understand that tactic when its 1-0 or 2-1 but 3-0...and a beaten team -this league is so tight goal difference could mean the difference between 6th and 10th come the end of the season!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

me too - i can understand that tactic when its 1-0 or 2-1 but 3-0...and a beaten team -this league is so tight goal difference could mean the difference between 6th and 10th come the end of the season!
                Clean sheet for me every time.

Comment

My son and loads of his mates were in academies and they definitely taught the dark side
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

But not conceding is worth the same and easier to achieve! Sometimes you are at most risk when it’s your corner and you have crowded the area.

Comment

They’re also there to provide entertainment. Go for a fourth, boost GD and start thrashing a few teams. It’s greedy I know but it’s traditionally the QPR way. Nice to be talking like this for a change though :-)

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post

But not conceding is worth the same and easier to achieve! Sometimes you are at most risk when it’s your corner and you have crowded the area.
                        Understand but more often than not those bundles in the corner result in a free kick for the defending side- it just seemed that we started that tactic at about 80mins rather than 89mins

Comment

Working...
                        X