Paul Smyth....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Smyth....

Dont really want to big up a young lad too much, but boy we have a player in him already, everytime he got the ball no matter where it was he could hold onto it, hardly ever got tackled for all the possesion he had of it, almost id dare say better than sterling who i dont particularly rate, but also a great turn of pace, outstanding player and in a different league tbh.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    hardly ever got tackled
    True but he certainly got fouled a lot, as their defenders just couldn't cope with his pace and tenacity.

Agree he's clearly a great prospect as mentioned in the MOTM poll.

Comment

Exciting times with such a great prospect.
      He did get fouled a fair bit and I think he will be winning us plenty of FKs in this league as players are finding it difficult to deal with his turn of pace.
      As others have already said, lets hope yesterdays performance and setup isn't a one off.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I agree stan & fraggy, we`ve got a corker of a player and like said on here by someone else, he really did show up washington im afraid, totally different league, & eze was really good, we`ve got some talent pushing through thats for sure, if we can get sylla back and on form we could have a very good season next season if ollie now keeps his best side and doesnt chop n change too much again.

Comment

I agree stan & fraggy, we`ve got a corker of a player and like said on here by someone else, he really did show up washington im afraid, totally different league, & eze was really good, we`ve got some talent pushing through thats for sure, if we can get sylla back and on form we could have a very good season next season if ollie now keeps his best side and doesnt chop n change too much again.
          It's a bit more to do with the formation than the side I reckon Pinks!

Comment

Great porspect but needs more than pace and tenacity. They get found out pretty quickly, especially in this league, wehre as mentioned they just get fouled alot. Owen/Vardy/Defoe carved careers out of being quick, but it'llonly work here if we play the ball to areas he can attack in.

Perhaps a run of starts will motivate the midfield to up their game.

Comment

smyth is an absolute quality player, a real gem imo. for a player who was playing in northern ireland last season hes really made the step up already in the championship and is full of confidence.
              i proper enjoy watching him play as at any moment he can do something cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Have to agree, the formation yesterday truly made a huge difference and made watching so less painful than previous weeks.
                I guess we will find out this weekend if anything was learned.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  I know im seeming stubborn here, but i looked at more of a reaction from the forest game and a game plan, but everyone was at it last night and having young smythe on fire aswell, as for change of formation wasnt a huge change at all, & not full on wingers, washington same position again and non exsistant & really just smythe acting as a winger but drifting, also once or twice bidwell still got forward a little

Comment

I know im seeming stubborn here, but i looked at more of a reaction from the forest game and a game plan, but everyone was at it last night and having young smythe on fire aswell, as for change of formation wasnt a huge change at all, & not full on wingers, washington same position again and non exsistant & really just smythe acting as a winger but drifting, also once or twice bidwell still got forward a little
                    With full on wingers we'd have been even more effective than the 4-3-3 he played IMO. i.e. 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Comment

Well hope we keep to this now and see how we can keep improving, as it was certainly good to watch, we`ve had a few patches lately be it small playing well but last night was even better.

Comment

Think 4 at the back allows us to be much more positive going forward. The highlights video posted up sums up just how dominant we were because of it, with players secure in the knowledge that decent defenders, doing their correct jobs were behind them.

Their goal was simply a case of 5 players refusing to tackle one man.

Comment

We need a predict the result poll for Saturday's game now everyone is buzzing off their bristols

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Think 4 at the back allows us to be much more positive going forward. The highlights video posted up sums up just how dominant we were because of it, with players secure in the knowledge that decent defenders, doing their correct jobs were behind them.

Their goal was simply a case of 5 players refusing to tackle one man.
                            Yeah agree there, i suppose with the 3-5-2 there was too much space behind us when we pressed before, we certainly always got caught that way it seemed

Comment

Washington was in a completely different position. As were Furlong and Bidwell. 433 is a huge change from 352. Huge. Washington was as pants as usual, sadly. Maybe worse....
                              Last edited by Rangers77; 07-03-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X