Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atmosphere was absolutely electric on Saturday

Not

What has happened? Absolutely awful, just like every other home game this season.

Gotta be down to our playing style I guess. I'm miffed, but it's atrocious at the moment.

We all need a lift I think.

What more lift could you get than going top if we won?
    Beautiful day, good looking team put out with new players in it, early kick off and macaroni harryesque football killed it i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      What more lift could you get than going top if we won?
      Beautiful day, good looking team put out with new players in it, early kick off and macaroni harryesque football killed it i think.
      Pretty much it, but as I say, not had a good atmosphere yet.

Comment

Terrible weren't it. Hudds away was the same, proper flat & made us sound muggy when we sang "you're not singing anymore" at them when we got the winner, they had been decent all game whilst we were near enough silent barring the odd "you Rs" chant.

Pray it isbetter on Wed, I really do. Also, personally don't like the whole "the players need to give us something to cheer about" argument, we should all be in good voice & making the place hostile every game! I honestly find that the performances on the pitch pick up when the crowd are in good voice.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Yeah it has been a bit quiet, maybe its nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Terrible weren't it. Hudds away was the same, proper flat & made us sound muggy when we sang "you're not singing anymore" at them when we got the winner, they had been decent all game whilst we were near enough silent barring the odd "you Rs" chant.

Pray it isbetter on Wed, I really do. Also, personally don't like the whole "the players need to give us something to cheer about" argument, we should all be in good voice & making the place hostile every game! I honestly find that the performances on the pitch pick up when the crowd are in good voice.
            Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Yeah it has been a bit quiet, maybe its nerves.
            Agree with both.

Just feels gloomy down there atm. Fella next to me Saturday says 'I can't stand coming here anymore, I only come because I've always come'

I thought blimey what a miserable git, about 20 mins later I found myself veering towards his way of thinking

Comment

Maybe it's the boring monotonous drivel we've been served up with for the past 3 or 4 years . It's predictable and about as entertaining as watching paint dry . Atmosphere has nothing to do with winning its about either a) a big opponent or Derby or b) entertaining , commited, attacking football

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Sort of disagree in regards to the players giving us something to cheer about. If the players are playing great football or closing down and getting in peoples faces, the crowd tends to respond. Think that's why we tend to get a big song or a burst of noise when mackie is closing down and running round like a mad man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  Sort of disagree in regards to the players giving us something to cheer about. If the players are playing great football or closing down and getting in peoples faces, the crowd tends to respond. Think that's why we tend to get a big song or a burst of noise when mackie is closing down and running round like a mad man.
                  Like Chery tackling maybe?

Comment

not enough pub time before early kickoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Like Chery tackling maybe?
                      haha, yes point taken.

Comment

Think the 1 upfront cobblers kills it for a lot of fans. Watching it getting pumped long to austin who has to score working with scraps. Not much to sing about when your seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          not enough pub time before early kickoffs?
                          This, and the 10 min period on the 2nd half the atmosphere picked up slightly so I think it is a case of the majority of our support sit there and say "come on, entertain me, rather than getting behind the team from the off.
                          We were comprehensively out sung by Forest as we are most games.
                          From the Hills of Kerry
                          To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                            Think the 1 upfront cobblers kills it for a lot of fans. Watching it getting pumped long to austin who has to score working with scraps. Not much to sing about when your seeing that.
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Home games have been getting worse year after year for a while now. Need to incorporate some sort of singing stand. It's all gone dead.

Look at palace now. Their fans have made their home games electric the past few seasons. Started with only a few of them and now most of that stand is jumping

Comment

Working...
                              X