• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Ramsey appointed head coach - NOW its official

QPR Media release - Friday 13th February 2015

CHRIS RAMSEY APPOINTED QPR HEAD COACH

Club appoint Ramsey until the end of the 2014/15 campaign

QPR can confirm that Chris Ramsey has been appointed Head Coach until the end of the 2014/15 season.

Ramsey will work alongside Kevin Bond (First Team Coach) and Kevin Hitchcock (Goalkeeping Coach). Director of Football Les Ferdinand will oversee the trio whilst also having a presence on the training ground for the remainder of the campaign.

QPR Chairman, Tony Fernandes, told www.qpr.co.uk: “In the wake of Harry’s resignation, it was my desire to identify the right individual for the job and at this time, we believe Chris is the ideal candidate.

“He has impressed everyone here in his short time in charge and I firmly believe he is the right man – working closely with Les – to lead us until the end of the season.

“Chris has an opportunity now to stamp his authority and class on the position. He is part of our long-term plans at QPR.”
    Fernandes added: “A lot has been written and said about the position, including by myself, but the decision has been taken to defer the permanent appointment until the end of the season.

“We spoke to many individuals who were interested in the role, one of whom I was quoted on as being a dream, but none of them were right to take the club forward at this time for a variety of reasons, whereas we firmly believe Chris is.

“We are keen for the position to be a long-term appointment that will play a major role in shaping the future on-field progression of QPR. For that reason, it is vitally important that we get the right individual.

“As a Board of Directors, we are determined to make the right appointment in the best interests of the club.
    “Premier League survival is our priority in the short term, but in the medium and long term we want to make sure everything is in place, from the Academy upwards, to create a lasting legacy and philosophy at QPR.”

Ferdinand added: “I’ve been liaising closely with the Board over the last week or so regarding the position and it became apparent that Chris is the best man for the job at this time.

“He’s settled into QPR fantastically well over the last few months. He is highly thought of by everybody and has the respect of everyone connected to the club.
    “He will have a huge part to play in the long-term future of this club at all levels, and we are confident that Chris, supported by the backroom staff, will be able to deliver our goal of Premier League survival.”

Ramsey said: “This is a great privilege and an honour for me. I am excited about leading the club between now and the end of the season.
    “I believe in this group of players, the staff, and everyone working at the club.

“I’d like to thank the QPR supporters for their support so far and with their backing, I am confident that we can build on Tuesday’s win at Sunderland and start to climb the table.

“During this period, I will still be involved in the running of the Academy for the rest of this season and beyond. Continuity is very important when it comes to the development of young players, which is something I am very mindful of.”

Happy at the decision to keep him on-best of luck to the chap.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

That's great news, good appt, now we can all stop being frustrated and embarrassed
      From the Hills of Kerry
      To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Understanding is that Chris seems happy to let go of the role at the end of the season to resume academy duties should that be required of him. Arguably the best outcome here for us. He takes over and whether he keeps us up or not, we are safe in the knowledge that he is happy returning back to duty and allowing someone to take over for the long term future of the club. More likely now than ever that it is Clement, especially with Tony saying how even the Dream manager wasn't right to take the club on at this time, perhaps due to the insecurity of potential Championship football deterring someone like Clement from coming in.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Just seen him interviewed on you tube, talks sense.

Comment

Great news! I like the guy. He comes across as genuine and doesn't search for excuses. But I get the impression that Fernandes has got someone else lined up who could become the permanent manager in the summer depending on if we stay up. IF we do then I'd want to see Ramsey keep the job

Comment

Sounds as though it is clear to him it's short term ! Whatever good luck to the fella like him a lot

Comment

Thank goodness for that.

What can we have a good old moan about now?

Comment

If we stay up then I think his appointment should be permanent. If we don't stay up, then finding a new manager will be more difficult in any case.

Comment

Players normally get Friday off when no game but Ramsey got them in as a luxury shouldn't have in our position. Great move. Fingers crossed for the fella like him

Comment

Good on yer Chris, you sound grateful and at long last we don't have a greedy buffoon in charge!!!

Comment

Great news well pleased, really like the bloke
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Thank goodness for that.

What can we have a good old moan about now?
                          Its not paying for the bugle and tins of party seven on the coaches now mate.

Comment

Wish him the best of luck.

Sunderland fans view

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads...-boss.1035076/

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Wish him the best of luck.

Sunderland fans view

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads...-boss.1035076/
                              How clueless are that lot!

Love the comments about wages! What's Defoe on again? Johnson? Fletcher? Absolute clowns.

Comment

Working...
                              X