Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should ref's be interviewed after games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should ref's be interviewed after games?

I think they get away far too much and perhaps this would make things more fair?

yes definitely...should be held accountable for any dodgy decisions and face the media to at least explain their decisions. At the moment they are the untouchables. on the other hand doesn't Dermot Gallagher step forward on their behalf sometimes...think he did in the case of Mike Dean to explain THAT rule.

Comment

I think mike dean should never be able to ref ever again that alone a interview. Man city should have got atleast 4 yellow cards before he gave our players a yellow. And the rest is history with the handball goal. Just my opinion
      You Rsssssss

Comment

agreed Harry

Comment

It is double standards to interview management after a game then fine them for emotional outbursts but protect referees..

Comment

The club should fight this fine.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
              yes definitely...should be held accountable for any dodgy decisions and face the media to at least explain their decisions. At the moment they are the untouchables. on the other hand doesn't Dermot Gallagher step forward on their behalf sometimes...think he did in the case of Mike Dean to explain THAT rule.
              This..... and I dont think hiding behind Gallagher on SSN is acceptable. They're big boys making big decisions that 'could' cost a club thousands of pounds, only fair they explain themselves if big calls have been made in a game.
              Last edited by Nick; 13-11-2014, 05:52 PM.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

No they should be executed!

I have to say I think they are so far out of their depth, (well some) that tv tech needs to be brought in more.
                When a goal is scored it wouldn't take more than a few seconds to check from the final ball into the goalscorer whether there is an offside/foul.
                The refs are mic'd up already. Just ask a tv ref is it ok to award the goal?...There is too much money involved to just allow these clowns to blunder on regardless.
                The game is too open for bias and dishonesty from these men

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  No they should be executed!

I have to say I think they are so far out of their depth, (well some) that tv tech needs to be brought in more.
                  When a goal is scored it wouldn't take more than a few seconds to check from the final ball into the goalscorer whether there is an offside/foul.
                  The refs are mic'd up already. Just ask a tv ref is it ok to award the goal?...There is too much money involved to just allow these clowns to blunder on regardless.
                  The game is too open for bias and dishonesty from these men
                  That's too easy but how can they cheat then?

Comment

Well i think its about time things come inline with rugby. Scrap injury time just stop the clock when an incident has accord. There is to much money involved and what man city got away with should off gone to the old bailey with mike dean in handcuffs.
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Not sure about interviews. TBH personally I feel a bit sorry for them, it's not an easy job. But some of their decision do beggar belief. I think they need help so I'm all for video referees. It's just that it won't make every decision easier, there will still be 50/50 decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        I think they get away far too much and perhaps this would make things more fair?
                        Maybe, but only as long as it doesn't turn into a witch hunt where they have to justify every single thing they got wrong, by press or pundits that have had the benefit of slow motion replays, watched over and over.

There's few enough refs as it is, if the expectation is that they justify every 50/50 decision they got wrong in front of the TV cameras, it'll get even harder to recruit them.

Comment

Mic them up on the pitch , like rugby or american football, may help during the game. and yes they should be interviewed after the game, esp now they are professional

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            That's too easy but how can they cheat then?
                            Exactly.....what am i thinking myu

Comment

i thought they tried it before. Graham Poll was the first ref to do it. In fact I seem to remember he couldn't wait to so much that he was in front of the camera before the players had all left the pitch to comment on a contentious decision, made even more farcical by the fact that he got it wrong and made himself look a complete idiot.

After that the refs clammed up.....

Comment

Working...
                              X