Sir Les Ferdinand is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Congratulations. Would you like a celebratory cookie, now you've proved you're the cleverest person on this forum and, possibly, in the world?
    Well when someone calls you out like that and you have such an obvious and easy riposte you're hardly going to keep quiet about it are you? Nick said I'd change my tune if we won a few games, I pointed out I was singing the same ####ing song right after promotion. It's not hard!

This stuff is important though - WATRBs has a culture of shouting down dissenters until suddenly all flooding against the manager. Happened with Warnock, happened with Hughes, Redknapp also in the past week or two. Maybe it'll happen with Fernandes one day too. And when someone peeps up with some criticisms of the next manager I'm sure they'll get jumped on too (fwiw I defended Hughes until very late; wanted Warnock out; I'll be anti-Sherwood from day one; meh about Pulis; so I'm hardly negative all the time)

Point is - people need to recognise that you can criticise a team that is winning, a manager who is doing his best, a chairman with his heart in the right place, all these things without being negative for the sake of it or not being a real fan.

Dave - there's a reason I'm great with my left hand...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
      WATRBs has a culture of shouting down dissenters until suddenly all flooding against the manager...
      tell me about it......

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        tell me about it......
        They won't sh(o)ut me down.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
          Well when someone calls you out like that and you have such an obvious and easy riposte you're hardly going to keep quiet about it are you? Nick said I'd change my tune if we won a few games, I pointed out I was singing the same ####ing song right after promotion. It's not hard!

This stuff is important though - WATRBs has a culture of shouting down dissenters until suddenly all flooding against the manager. Happened with Warnock, happened with Hughes, Redknapp also in the past week or two. Maybe it'll happen with Fernandes one day too. And when someone peeps up with some criticisms of the next manager I'm sure they'll get jumped on too (fwiw I defended Hughes until very late; wanted Warnock out; I'll be anti-Sherwood from day one; meh about Pulis; so I'm hardly negative all the time)

Point is - people need to recognise that you can criticise a team that is winning, a manager who is doing his best, a chairman with his heart in the right place, all these things without being negative for the sake of it or not being a real fan.

Dave - there's a reason I'm great with my left hand...
          Have to agree with this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
            They won't sh(o)ut me down.
            No but we'll jam your wheel with a stick of carrot!!....Beware!!

Comment

• Despite watching the video on Les Ferdinand I'm still unconvinced on his actual role.

If I'm honest I think we might have a Rodney Marsh/Gerry Francis scenario un-folding again.

Rumours of unrest at training ground appear to be true according to some of my pals.

Comment

Working...
              X