Is Harry losing it a bit?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Harry losing it a bit?!!!

This last week has been a bit of a strange one for Harry in the media. Yes, he has worked wonders in the transfer market this window.......I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised and I'm happy to take any "I told you so" type comments on the chin after being quite vocal about some of his signings last season.

Despite the positive press on the transfers we have pulled off there have also been a couple of weird moments. "I offered Gazza a job at QPR".......I mean seriously, what on earth is that about? Look at the photos of Gazza in the press this week, looks like the bloke could hardly manage making a cup of tea let alone making him responsible for mentoring our youth players.

Then there was the whole Malky Mackay thing. Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with too much of what Harry said, publicly backing someone who has just been outed as a racist is surely questionable behaviour to say the least. To my knowledge, every other manager in the Premier League has kept schtum about it, why does Harry feel the need to pipe up.

Am I over-reacting a bit here? Are these just examples of Harry trying to be a nice guy and helping out a couple of fellow professionals that have fallen on hard times, or is a bit dementia starting to set in?
    Last edited by Tarbie; 23-08-2014, 08:49 AM.

i read in a thread on here a couple of weeks ago someone said that HR was starting to loose his marbles
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Harry Out!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        This last week has been a bit of a strange one for Harry in the media. Yes, he has worked wonders in the transfer market this window.......I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised and I'm happy to take any "I told you so" type comments on the chin after being quite vocal about some of his signings last season.

Despite the positive press on the transfers we have pulled off there have also been a couple of weird moments. "I offered Gazza a job at QPR".......I mean seriously, what on earth is that about? Look at the photos of Gazza in the press this week, looks like the bloke could hardly manage making a cup of tea let alone making him responsible for mentoring our youth players.

Then there was the whole Malky Mackay thing. Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with too much of what Harry said, publicly backing someone who has just been outed as a racist is surely questionable behaviour to say the least. To my knowledge, every other manager in the Premier League has kept schtum about it, why does Harry feel the need to pipe up.

Am I over-reacting a bit here? Are these just examples of Harry trying to be a nice guy and helping out a couple of fellow professionals that have fallen on hard times, or is a bit dementia starting to set in?
        I hear ya and agree with you but the thing about Harry is, he is used to fill media space but is seldom held accountable for his view as he would stop filling in the news gaps for them with his Arry quotes.
        Last edited by californiahoop; 23-08-2014, 08:57 AM.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Harry Out!
          Not what I'm saying at all mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Not what I'm saying at all mate!
            As if hes losing his marbles. He is hounded by every medium for interviews all the time, always on the radio and has newspaper obligations. (Too many people will say and i would agree.). So its just kind words about a drunken ex pro whos killing himself, and a fellow manager whos up shite street.
            As if any sane human being without a slight anti harry agenda thinks he is losing his mind and going senile, especially after the most successful transfer dealings in our history (probably). Come on tarbs mate, think about this thread, doesnt look good.

Comment

Not losing his marbles at all, far from it. Simply a case of usual Harry never offending anyone & being the media darling.

Comment

As if hes losing his marbles. He is hounded by every medium for interviews all the time, always on the radio and has newspaper obligations. (Too many people will say and i would agree.). So its just kind words about a drunken ex pro whos killing himself, and a fellow manager whos up shite street.
                As if any sane human being without a slight anti harry agenda thinks he is losing his mind and going senile, especially after the most successful transfer dealings in our history (probably). Come on tarbs mate, think about this thread, doesnt look good.
                Not on a witch hunt mate and I have no agenda.

Just querying whether Harry, at nearly 68 years of age, is starting to show signs of dementia. Certainly not saying it's the end of him either, Bobby Robson managed on and did a good job at Newcastle for a good few seasons after he started showing classic signs of dementia.
                Last edited by Tarbie; 23-08-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Not everyone over 65 gets it.

Comment

Not everyone over 65 gets it.
                    Never said that either mate!

Comment

As mentioned in the other thread, he didn't offer a job to Gazza - just for him to come and train at the club. In the same interview, he said that he would love to help him but he needs to help himself first.

As for the Malky Mackay thing, he has only said what a lot of us are thinking (IMO). Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion, especially when prompted to provide one. Just because it may not fit in with what others are saying it doesn't mean that he's losing it or it's a "weird moment".

I honestly think that a lot of people read too much into what Harry says sometimes. I think he is just a genuinely nice, old-school bloke who enjoys talking to the media and is not afraid of giving his opinion. I won't argue that he wouldn't sometimes be better of keeping quiet, but that's just Harry. It's part of the package and if he is successful on the pitch, I don't really care.

Comment

This. Dumbest title to give a thread. Was very impressed with Harry on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          This. Dumbest title to give a thread
                          Big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            This. Dumbest title to give a thread. Was very impressed with Harry on Friday.
                            Having found the full press conference on Youtube (hasn't been posted on QPR Player this week for some reason), Harry's comments aren't actually quite as the press had depicted them. As Buffalo pointed out, the Gazza thing was certainly blown out of all proportions.

You have to admit though, both the Gazza comments and certainly the public support for Mackay are both very questionable. Might have been off the mark with suggesting he is losing it but Harry is certainly daft for getting involved in the whole discussion.

Comment

Harry's human. It's an advantage and a disadvantage. I thought what he said on Mackey and Gazza very wise. We all know Harry knows Gazza isn't going to coach at Rangers.

Comment

Working...
                              X