Is Harry losing it a bit?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
    If you listen to his interview. When he got asked about it first thing he said is that Malky made a huge mistake but everyone does and it shouldn't be the end for him.
    I have listened to it, albeit not in full until after I started this thread. As I've said on this post and a couple of others, I don't really disagree too much with what he's saying. But then again I'm not in the public eye and speaking to a room full of press and media professionals that need to sell papers.

If you have any doubt on whether it was a good idea for Harry to stick up for Mackay or not have a look at what the papers are writing about it this morning. As I said, racism in football is a massively sensitive subject and best steered well clear of if possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      If we keep losing games, there will be more and more people saying that Harry has lost it. While in reality he could still be saner than you and me
      He could be totally bat sh*t crazy and still be saner than half of us on here to be fair Kirill!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Fair enough, but if Harry's public support for Mackay isn't misguided or strange why is he the only Premier League manager out there prepared to comment on it? Racism is a very big deal in football these days, most managers are too smart to get involved in the whole debate!
        Or too cowardly to challenge those grievance mongers eager to make a scalp and big themselves up (like Roberts and Collymore). Harry showed himself to be a good egg yesterday. Fair play to him. It's easy to kick someone when he's down (even because of his own foolishness).
        Last edited by Rangers77; 23-08-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Or too cowardly to challenge those grievance mongers eager to make a scalp and big themselves up (like Roberts and Collymore). Harry showed himself to be a good egg yesterday. Fair play to him. It's easy to kick someone when he's down (even because of his own foolishness).
          Don't disagree that his intentions were good, I just think it was the wrong decision to get involved.

Comment

Don't disagree that his intentions were good, I just think it was the wrong decision to get involved.
            Then the self righteous witch finders win, Tarbie. The likes of Jason Roberts always get involved. Harry showed a bit of humanity and common sense.

Comment

Then the self righteous witch finders win, Tarbie. The likes of Jason Roberts always get involved. Harry showed a bit of humanity and common sense.
              Yeah, and his reward is a pasting by the media this morning!

Comment

Yeah, and his reward is a pasting by the media this morning!
                Haven't seen a single criticism of Harry's comments in the media. Other than on here from some. I agree with you that there are more people on here losing it than Harry. Including myself. Especially.

Comment

Haven't seen a single criticism of Harry's comments in the media. Other than on here from some. I agree with you that there are more people on here losing it than Harry. Including myself. Especially.
                  This one is a pretty good example mate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ist-texts.html

There are a few other articles doing the rounds with a similar angle.

Comment

This one is a pretty good example mate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ist-texts.html

There are a few other articles doing the rounds with a similar angle.
                    The Mail broke the story.... And have been stupidly banging on about it like some demented leftist and have certainly been p issing off its core readership. To be called dubious is far from a pasting, isn't it? The Guardian, Telegraph and the BBC haven't- to my knowledge- criticised Harry. And if they had criticised him, he was right to say what he said. Otherwise the public square is left to the self righteous, witch finder generals who live to be offended.

Comment

The Mail broke the story.... And have been stupidly banging on about it like some demented leftist and have certainly been p issing off its core readership. To be called dubious is far from a pasting, isn't it? The Guardian, Telegraph and the BBC haven't- to my knowledge- criticised Harry. And if they had criticised him, he was right to say what he said. Otherwise the public square is left to the self righteous, witch finder generals who live to be offended.
                      How about this one then? Certainly not a pasting but not positive press at the same time!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-9685399.html

Comment

You would thing the Daily Mail would have a lot more to write about at the moment wouldnt you? Malky, Harry, Moody is a nothing story and its a waste of Police time if they bother to investigate all this "drama". Newspapers in loss of perspective shocker!

Comment

How about this one then? Certainly not a pasting but not positive press at the same time!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-9685399.html
                          Mate I refer you to my earlier post. I was on about pastings.... But people should do what they think to be the right thing, not what the media thinks to be the right thing. The media bubble is invariably liberal, it bangs on and on and on about identity politics, is race obsessed and wholly interested in highlighting mistakes and missteps.
                          Last edited by Rangers77; 23-08-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I've not read all the post's in this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned...

Is Harry losing it a bit??..... he made an utter pi$$ poor relegated team into a promising premiership team in pretty much 1 year, he's just successfully bought in 6 very good signings and had 1 of the most successful transfer windows this club has had in years, writes a weekly sports paper column in probably the country's most successful paper.... and to answer your question, don't be so focking stupid!!

Here's a question- are people 'still' trying to find ways to dig him out..... yes!
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Mate I refer you to my earlier post. I was on about pastings.... But people should do what they think to be the right thing, not what the media thinks to be the right thing. The media bubble is invariably liberal, it bangs on and on and on about identity politics, is race obsessed and wholly interested in highlighting mistakes and missteps.
                              See this is the crux of it. In my opinion, if you're in the public eye it's not as simple as doing what you think is right. In Harry's position he should do what is most befitting of a man in charge of a Premiership football club. In my opinion that would be to keep schtum like every other manager out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                I've not read all the post's in this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned...

Is Harry losing it a bit??..... he made an utter pi$$ poor relegated team into a promising premiership team in pretty much 1 year, he's just successfully bought in 6 very good signings and had 1 of the most successful transfer windows this club has had in years, writes a weekly sports paper column in probably the country's most successful paper.... and to answer your question, don't be so focking stupid!!

Here's a question- are people 'still' trying to find ways to dig him out..... yes!
                                I've already praised him for a number of the points you've mentioned, my comment was purely based on a couple of daft comments about Gazza and Mackay. Maybe you should read the whole thread before throwing insults about!

Comment

Working...
                                X