Barton and Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton and Carroll

Both cleaned up a lot of dangerous loose balls today and won a few important challenges each. A few wayward passes but generally very tidy.

Both need to start getting shots in on goal from outside the box as neither seem to get in the box much

Starting to link up well

Carroll's best game for us. Especially first half. Shame he fluffled the break late on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Carroll's best game for us. Especially first half. Shame he fluffled the break late on.
      Yeah a bit frustrating that pass, could have been so much better
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Agree. Thought they were both excellent today.

Comment

Thought both had opportunities to take shots on more then one occasion from the edge of the box but opted to give instead

Comment

Let us pray that Tottenham can't fit carroll into their side next season and loan him to us again or even sell him. He is so key to how we play and the fact that he doesn't hold on to the ball for long makes him even more vital. There was a stretch of 5 passes or so between barton and carroll yesterday which just had one blackburn player moving in circles and completely getting tired out. That is the aim of our type of play and he seems to do very little wrong over 90 minutes. Also his control of the ball on the first touch is sublime and brings a calmness to our midfield that balances with Barton's aggressive nature.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Just wish he'd eat some pie n mash n put some weight on, so good on the ball and a good player beside him in Barton

Comment

Thought Carroll was very good and seems to improve others too having him there keeping it ticking over for the team.

Comment

we need to play carroll further up the pitch where he can do some damage , barton was good y'day best performer so far this season

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Let us pray that Tottenham can't fit carroll into their side next season and loan him to us again or even sell him. He is so key to how we play and the fact that he doesn't hold on to the ball for long makes him even more vital. There was a stretch of 5 passes or so between barton and carroll yesterday which just had one blackburn player moving in circles and completely getting tired out. That is the aim of our type of play and he seems to do very little wrong over 90 minutes. Also his control of the ball on the first touch is sublime and brings a calmness to our midfield that balances with Barton's aggressive nature.
                    History tells us that he will be playing for Spurs and England next season!
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                      History tells us that he will be playing for Spurs and England next season!
                      Looking at the money they spent on eriksen, capoue and lamela, is there any space? I really hope not.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I've read a few match reports from the weekend all saying that Carroll had a sh1te game (or words to that effect), whereas most on here say he had his best game.

Just shows that you have to form your own opinion about these things really.

Comment

The game before was his best game. I honestly dont think any player deserves a pat on the back for saturday. Another horrendous 90 minutes that when you leave you think 'why do i do this?' .
                          Ban me if you want but i farked off on just after 80 minutes, couldnt bear any more and wanted to miss the traffic getting out onto the western. Great decision. When you die, they say your life flashes before you, well that game wont, that day has already been erased from my memory.

Comment

Working...
                          X