Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    I have already read reports about Norway. However we are not Norway. You might as well compare us with Switzerland (which has more free trade agreements with non European countries than the EU). However we are not Switzerland. The author ends his report by saying that this is not necessarily what would happen in the U.K.

We are the 5th largest economy in the world and in the next 15-20 years we are set to become the 4th largest after China, United States and India. This has nothing to do with our being in or out of the EU. It is mostly due to our leading position in global software and IT sectors, something which will only increase in future years. The future is actually not with Europe but with the developing countries like India and Brazil whose economies are set to pass both Germany and France in the next few years.
    Lord Digby Jones said on LBC the other day that the French government lied to him in meetings about opening their markets up to our service companies, the EU don't want to trade with us fairly, especially the French.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Oh dear, Lord Sugar.

And it's been claimed that those wanting to leave are racist !!
      The Labour remain party is full of racists, they had to suspend all sorts a few weeks ago, Sugar is a Labour remainer as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        So the EU wants other countries within the EU to see they are better off on their own and eventually leave? Interesting... please enlighten me
        Do you know what a fact is? Are you the EU as an entity? How do you know as a fact what the EU as a whole wants and doesn't want?

You don't. And that's a FACT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Is this made up rubbish?
          The remainer's are very quite on this one, UKIP's want to end this utter waste of £12 Billion quid a year.

Justine Greeing should be very proud of her self allowing our pensioners to die of the cold.

They don't seem to like facts, just fear, Project fear is has been dubbed.

Comment

Is this made up rubbish?
            The Seychelles got £20.8 million, why, is this to pay for British politicians holiday home's?

Another hospital not built.

I have been to the Seychelles, I can assure you they don't need our money.

Comment

• We give all that away crossitdave and they tell us we would be farked without euro money. Yeah alright,

Daily Mail front page today is LEAVE
              We need another one tomorrow and a 'last one to leave turn the lights off' style one from The Sun if the leaves are going to have any chance whatsoever imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                The Seychelles got £20.8 million, why, is this to pay for British politicians holiday home's?

Another hospital not built.

I have been to the Seychelles, I can assure you they don't need our money.
                Sorry, I thought the Brexiters wanted to trade with all these countries around the world instead of just the EU? Surely if we cut their foreign aid they will then trade with countries in the EU that are still supporting them!

Comment

• Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
                  Sorry, I thought the Brexiters wanted to trade with all these countries around the world instead of just the EU? Surely if we cut their foreign aid they will then trade with countries in the EU that are still supporting them!
                  Are those amounts 'trading' figures for goods etc then and not just 'free' money cos we are so kind to everyone?

Comment

Lord Digby Jones said on LBC the other day that the French government lied to him in meetings about opening their markets up to our service companies, the EU don't want to trade with us fairly, especially the French.
                    I lived in France for many years. Their idea of fairness is not the same as ours. EDF was allowed to buy out electricity companies in the U.K. as our government felt under the terms of the EU this was acceptable. At this time they were still owned by the French government who subsidized the cost of electricity in France. A large number of the privatized electricity companies are now owned by European companies. How many European utility companies do we own? Until 2014 (when we were overtaken by China) we were the biggest foreign investor in the U.S. Also the U.S. is the biggest investor in the U.K. This is because the British and U.S. economies are similar in many ways despite our being in the EU.

Comment

• Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
                      The 20.8 million is aid not trade.

Have you ever been to the Seychelles?, they hardly need aid.

£20.800,000 Would pay the wages of 1,000 newly trained British nurses a year.

Comment

Are those amounts 'trading' figures for goods etc then and not just 'free' money cos we are so kind to everyone?
                        it says foreign aid at the top of the page, it is not trade

The UK government gives 0.7% of our GDP, roughly £12,000,000,000 of our tax money to the countries mentioned.

India, for instance has recieved £3.2 billion in aid since 2011, India has it's own space programme for goods sake.

£3.2 billion would fund god knows how many more doctors and nurses in Great Britian.

Comment

• Very little has been said about Greece during this referendum. When Greece is discussed it tends to be detrimental towards them. However this is not always the case. The article below from Bloomberg shows the entrepreneurial companies in Greece. However apparently this is not being helped by the EU and many of these companies are moving to the U.K. and the U.S. See more at:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...eason-to-leave

Comment

We give all that away crossitdave and they tell us we would be farked without euro money. Yeah alright,

Daily Mail front page today is LEAVE
                            We need another one tomorrow and a 'last one to leave turn the lights off' style one from The Sun if the leaves are going to have any chance whatsoever imo.

yeah absolutely disgraceful & there is facts,quite unbelievable some of these remainers carrying on when theres facts right there
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• I hope China remember the £660 million we've given to them when we start touting for extra trade.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

The 20.8 million is aid not trade.

Have you ever been to the Seychelles?, they hardly need aid.

£20.800,000 Would pay the wages of 1,000 newly trained British nurses a year.
                                Why do you think the government spends all this cash on foreign aid?

What makes you think that someone like Boris Johnson, who is deeply embedded in the establishment and party to all of this would change things in the idealistic way you want, like looking after the NHS? Do you really believe it's safe in his hands? And Nigel Farage is on record as wanting to privatise the NHS.

What makes you think the UK government would spend any of this saved cash (assuming they were able to save it, or they deemed it pragmatic to do so) on the things you think they would?

Do you actually understand or know the underlying reasons for 'foreign aid'? Do you think it is in large part about maintaining a presence in those countries and promoting British trade there? Or is it a slush fund to line peoples' pockets? Or do you believe it's purely compassionate and altruistic? And if it was, wouldn't that be a surprising first for a capitalist economy?

Do you actually have faith in any politician to keep their promises?

Do you actually think politicians have any power, or do you think there are far more powerful lobbies that run things behind the scenes?

Some of what people who say they want Brexit for is laudable, but most of it is also a pipe dream. Why are you so confident that all this cash will go to the causes you want it to go to?

Since when have you seen a government represent you?

Comment

Working...
                                X