Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    1) I don't think its a threat so much as a simple statement of facts. The Brexiteers are calling for us to leave but haven't got a clue what our future trading arrangements are going to be. That is an incredible risk and completely irresponsible.

2) Not entirely. So our trade with the EU is worth almost 50% of our total exports. But the most exports of any one EU country to us is just 9% of their exports. So in other words we alone are much more dependent on them than 27 other countries are on us. So they will have the trump cards in any negotiations. In the tv debate Farage even admitted our GDP might well be lower post Brexit and Lord Lawson and others have admitted we might have to pay extra tariffs.

All you guys might be super rich, but I can't afford that...
    You don't think that is a threat

We have a £80 billion a year defecit with them, how will tariffs work in there favour if we put the same tariffs on the EU's goods?
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      There is a strong rumour that Jeremy might change his mind. Not sure he actually supports the IN campaign.
      And a political dinosaur.

Comment

• Could somebody remove the VOTE REMAIN advert from the top of the page?

Comment

Didn't we have the period of we "never had it so good" before we threw our hats in with the Europeans.
          I can't respond to everyone of these Brexit posts or I'd be here all day but Germany's GDP overtook us in 1960, France's in 1968. Germany GDP still considerably higher than us, despite them absorbing the then basket case of East Germany.

Your own Brexit leaders have admitted it is quite possible we would have to pay tariffs so you can argue away and bury your heads in the sand if you like, but 80/90 % of economists who have been surveyed have said Britain will be worse off if we leave.

They might all turn out to be wrong. Everything might be fine after a few years of hard negotiating, money flowing out of the UK etc. We don't know for sure. I simply don't want to take that chance but that is entirely up to you.

Comment

There is a strong rumour that Jeremy might change his mind. Not sure he actually supports the IN campaign.
            There is a much stronger rumour that Boris has been going round saying to Tory MPs "cripes, I never intended it to go this far." He was just playing for the leadership, he didn't expect quite so many naive people out there to actually take him seriously about Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              Or 27 unelected Gauleiter's governing us, taking their cue from Fuhrer Merkel.
              With that quote, I think I leave debating with you right there.

Comment

He's not been a fan of Europe until this referendum, if I'm not mistaken.

I have definitely come to the conclusion that those still wanting to remain need their heads testing and need to find some backbone.

The very idea that Britain would not be able to compete as a single separate nation is simply beyond belief and those that believe it are part of the problem. How about growing some balls and instead of listening to all the scare tactics which would affect us for two or three years maximum, start looking at a more positive, brighter future in which we will once again prosper, as we will be able to run our country the way the British people want it run and works better for us.

The thought that other EU countries will want to risk their trade with us is ridiculous. They need us more than we need them and time will prove it. For every threat they make, the German fella for instance, we will be able to cause a bigger problem.

As for enhanced security, do people really think that in 2016, ANY European nation would fail to alert us of any threat they were aware of against us. We certainly wouldn't play such games.
                And is it any good anyway? Where was this wonderful intelligence and protetion on 7/7? Where was it at the Bataclan?

We need to rid ourselves of these shackles as soon as we possibly can.

Then, we need the politicians in this country to stop continuously making silly personal and party political attacks on each other and start working together like mature adults. Then we can start to move forward with purpose and pride.

Comment

I can't respond to everyone of these Brexit posts or I'd be here all day but Germany's GDP overtook us in 1960, France's in 1968. Germany GDP still considerably higher than us, despite them absorbing the then basket case of East Germany.

Your own Brexit leaders have admitted it is quite possible we would have to pay tariffs so you can argue away and bury your heads in the sand if you like, but 80/90 % of economists who have been surveyed have said Britain will be worse off if we leave.

They might all turn out to be wrong. Everything might be fine after a few years of hard negotiating, money flowing out of the UK etc. We don't know for sure. I simply don't want to take that chance but that is entirely up to you.
                  You talk about debating but you mention items without stating where you get your information from. You state France's GDP passed ours in 1968. I was living in France in 1968 and the majority of the population were still recovering from the war and were living in poverty. I had to returned to the U.K. in May when the riots started. I find it hard to believe that their GDP surpassed ours during this period.

Comment

They are elected then?

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

I have definitely come to the conclusion that those still wanting to remain need their heads testing and need to find some backbone.

The very idea that Britain would not be able to compete as a single separate nation is simply beyond belief and those that believe it are part of the problem. How about growing some balls and instead of listening to all the scare tactics which would affect us for two or three years maximum, start looking at a more positive, brighter future in which we will once again prosper, as we will be able to run our country the way the British people want it run and works better for us.

The thought that other EU countries will want to risk their trade with us is ridiculous. They need us more than we need them and time will prove it. For every threat they make, the German fella for instance, we will be able to cause a bigger problem.

As for enhanced security, do people really think that in 2016, ANY European nation would fail to alert us of any threat they were aware of against us. We certainly wouldn't play such games.
                      And is it any good anyway? Where was this wonderful intelligence and protetion on 7/7? Where was it at the Bataclan?

Then, we need the politicians in this country to stop continuously making silly personal and party political attacks on each other and start working together like mature adults. Then we can start to move forward with purpose and pride.
                      You know what "grow some balls" is about the best quote I've heard in this whole debate. Anyone would think we are some 3rd world state with no bargaining chips. It couldn't be further from the truth. We all have something to lose if, as the in campaign say, the economy goes down the $hitter. Does that mean we back down, bend over and take it. B0llocks, the eu doesn't hold all the cards and threatening us should make the outcome of this referendum even more clearcut.
                      Stick your undemocratic super state up you arris.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                        You know what "grow some balls" is about the best quote I've heard in this whole debate. Anyone would think we are some 3rd world state with no bargaining chips. It couldn't be further from the truth. We all have something to lose if, as the in campaign say, the economy goes down the $hitter. Does that mean we back down, bend over and take it. B0llocks, the eu doesn't hold all the cards and threatening us should make the outcome of this referendum even more clearcut.
                        Stick your undemocratic super state up you arris.
                        I could not agree more.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

well said Brights, up there with Churchill's 'we will fight them on the beach's' and Kate Bush's 'O England my Lionheart'
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Democracy really is not the EU's strong point is it?

We have 1.7 million unemployed, why do we need a single east European immigrant?

Any day now. I know the EU's accounts will be audited, like hell.

Vote out for a greater Britain

Comment

There is a much stronger rumour that Boris has been going round saying to Tory MPs "cripes, I never intended it to go this far." He was just playing for the leadership, he didn't expect quite so many naive people out there to actually take him seriously about Europe.
                              WTF? Do u actually read some of the stuff you type? What absolute ########.

The only on 'naive' around here pal is you and your PR believing, scaremongering ########.

We're a proud island nation, we're more than capable of standing on our own two feet. #### off to Europe and don't come back if u love it so much u patronising fool.

Comment

And that quote from you Stainrod is just about the biggest load of bowlocks you have come out with since you started debating on this subject,the constant digs
                                about boris johnson and the remain camp shows just how worried they are about losing this referendum,do you not think that us brexit people cannot think for ourselves and that we all follow someone like Boris ?? I don't care whether Boris was In or out or what his political intentions are,what we all don't want is a federal state of Europe with us in it and having NO say in our future,what's so hard to understand ???
                                Thankfully the remain camp are running scared now and the Boris digs shows just low they have become as any sensible arguments are not holding up,the majority of us are not as stupid as they thought with there scaremongering tactics.
                                Hopefully you will see sense before the 23rd but i won't hold my breath !!

Comment

Working...
                                X