Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    We're lead to believe the bookie's are on the ball yet I haven't met anybody who admits to wanting to stay in so I have to ask do the bookie's only take note of the voters with a vested interest in staying in and ignore Joe Bloggs the punter off the streets
    The question is how many of who you've met will actually vote? Most people have an opinion but in reality the majority dont bother turning up to vote. I'm sure the bookies know what they are doing otherwise everyone would be backing out as the value is ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      The question is how many of who you've met will actually vote? Most people have an opinion but in reality the majority dont bother turning up to vote. I'm sure the bookies know what they are doing otherwise everyone would be backing out as the value is ridiculous
      Well the people I speak to are very adamant that they are going to vote !

Comment

• Out!
        For anyone still undecided then this is an eyeopener on how the EU actually works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0
        Last edited by The Legendary No. 10; 19-05-2016, 04:50 PM.

Comment

We're lead to believe the bookie's are on the ball yet I haven't met anybody who admits to wanting to stay in so I have to ask do the bookie's only take note of the voters with a vested interest in staying in and ignore Joe Bloggs the punter off the streets
          no idea how they get their odds on this, but seems to be the same odds across all the bookies.

Do agree though that the majority of people i have talked to about this are voting out.

Comment

• Hopefully the bookies and polls are miles wrong like thankfully they were in the last General Election.

It's never going to be 60/40 in favour of in. Will be very close, and like I've said previously if Merkel/Cameron think it's in the balance they will come up with some magic concessions to turn the floating voter the week before the polls open.

Comment

• I am very much IN, through a combination of long term understanding of the subject ( geography A level teaching), belief that conspiracy theories and the utter drivel being served up by Brexit is tosh, the type of person who is leading the out campaign ( noxious, nasty and self seeking. Why on Earth does Gove support the R's, the most repugnant man I have ever encountered, save for Farage oh another Brexiters. I could go on and on..... However
              Getting back to the point.
              The reason why so many say they are for Brexit is that it is the easy, populist answer for a typical bloke in the pub type chat, because it LOOKS like the right thing to do. You know, bash the pompous big businessmen and bankers, bash the prime minister, let's show those pesky foreigners a bit of British pluck, long live Dads Army etc.. If you dare to express a trust in the vast ranks of learned bigwigs who say out is a disaster ( and they are almost certainly right by the way ) then you risk being ostracised and dare I say bullied in certain friendship groups. Watch this space and see if I'm not right.
              Proud to be an R and a Europhile !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                I am very much IN, through a combination of long term understanding of the subject ( geography A level teaching), belief that conspiracy theories and the utter drivel being served up by Brexit is tosh, the type of person who is leading the out campaign ( noxious, nasty and self seeking. Why on Earth does Gove support the R's, the most repugnant man I have ever encountered, save for Farage oh another Brexiters. I could go on and on..... However
                The reason why so many say they are for Brexit is that it is the easy, populist answer for a typical bloke in the pub type chat, because it LOOKS like the right thing to do. You know, bash the pompous big businessmen and bankers, bash the prime minister, let's show those pesky foreigners a bit of British pluck, long live Dads Army etc.. If you dare to express a trust in the vast ranks of learned bigwigs who say out is a disaster ( and they are almost certainly right by the way ) then you risk being ostracised and dare I say bullied in certain friendship groups. Watch this space and see if I'm not right.
                What an utter pile of poo.

Comment

I am very much IN, through a combination of long term understanding of the subject ( geography A level teaching), belief that conspiracy theories and the utter drivel being served up by Brexit is tosh, the type of person who is leading the out campaign ( noxious, nasty and self seeking. Why on Earth does Gove support the R's, the most repugnant man I have ever encountered, save for Farage oh another Brexiters. I could go on and on..... However
                  The most REPUGNANT person I have read on this matter is you and repugnantly arrogant view of the British voter

Comment

The most REPUGNANT person I have read on this matter is you and repugnantly arrogant view of the British voter
                    Leave him to suck on his wet lettuce and look down upon the great unwashed from his lofty position as a Geography teacher

Comment

Tbf Gove is a ****** (insert expletive)

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        What an utter pile of poo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          Tbf Gove is a ****** (insert expletive)
                          Have you met him Hove ? or are you in the teaching profession ? I spoke to him in the loft to congratulate him on having the balls to take on the teachers and I found him very amicable nd approachable

Comment

• I thought hove was a student?
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I read some rubbish on here, but this is nasty and wrong

Vote out
                              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

v. Blair, Mandelson, Kinnock, Hesseltine, the Bankers . . .
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X