Nottingham Forest V Queens Park Rangers MATCH THREAD/TEAMS/LIVE CHAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    2nd spot now and there because of our great start,if we hadnt made that great start we would probably be midtable with all these draws,but Forrest away is always difficult so in this instance a decent point
    The league is a 46 match season. It does not matter when you pick up the points. We're still undefeated but hey I'm sure you'll find something to moan about!!!

Comment

Think you have to look at the results individually and although we've drawn a lot most of them can be viewed as decent results in difficult away games! Will be important to beat Preston at home next week but if we do that I don't think you can really knock our form too much! We know we aren't that great up front, we masked the fact when our midfield was hammering them in but that's only ever going to last for so long same as it did last season when we had our purple patch! First thing we should be after in January is a quality striker, could well be the difference between promotion or not!

Comment

I still think we will see Jason Roberts here in Jan

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          Still ahead of the game (see signature).

We're undefeated, the opposition aren't picking up extra points against us because we aren't losing to them and even if Swansea win tomorrow we are still 3 points clear of 3rd.
          If I was to be picky we are not ahead as your sig suggests but level.

But anyway ok point. But so many draws is really not good, unbeaten or not we have been caught & overtaken by Cardiff & now Swansea have a game in hand on us & are breathing down our neck.

Still happy just need to beat Preston now & MUST beat the sheep sh@ggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            If I was to be picky we are not ahead as your sig suggests but level.

But anyway ok point. But so many draws is really not good, unbeaten or not we have been caught & overtaken by Cardiff & now Swansea have a game in hand on us & are breathing down our neck.

Still happy just need to beat Preston now & MUST beat the sheep sh@ggers.
            The question was are we ahead of where we need to be to be in the Top 2 and we've got 35 points and that means we are ahead of the game.

Comment

The question was are we ahead of where we need to be to be in the Top 2 and we've got 35 points and that means we are ahead of the game.
              Yep fair point sirpie.

Still can't deny all these draws will come back to bit us on the ####.

Comment

Yep fair point sirpie.

Still can't deny all these draws will come back to bit us on the ####.
                They don't bother me at all. Swansea lost to Bristol City earlier in the week a team who we got a point against. Cardiff lost to Swansea a team we got a point against. Points which I believe could be the difference come the end of the season.

Comment

They don't bother me at all. Swansea lost to Bristol City earlier in the week a team who we got a point against. Cardiff lost to Swansea a team we got a point against. Points which I believe could be the difference come the end of the season.
                  Makes no difference if we keep dropping points. Yes very good away point but Cardiff have lost 3 times already this season and are above us. Gotta start turning these into wins or can see us slipping down.

Comment

Makes no difference if we keep dropping points. Yes very good away point but Cardiff have lost 3 times already this season and are above us. Gotta start turning these into wins or can see us slipping down.
                    yes that is blatently obvious BUT if you state that on this board it is "moaning" apparently,and that is the most frustrating thing

Comment

yes that is blatently obvious BUT if you state that on this board it is "moaning" apparently,and that is the most frustrating thing
                      Whining about how **** we are, when we're undefeated after another tough pair of away games, is 'moaning' and is ridiculous.

Do you have any memory at all beyond the start of this season? Get some perspective. How did we get on in this fixture last year?

Comment

Your right, probably is a moan yes because although I acknowledge it was an OK point away I'm still not that happy because Cardiff are steam rolling teams, Swansea are on form & we keep drawing. Can't see where the argument is with some people.

BUT I trust Warnock to turn draws into wins just feel we are losing a bit of an edge we had previously that's all.

Comment

Arguably you could have said that 5 games ago but it hasn't happened.

QPR and Swansea have both played these opposition this season:

Derby, Norwich, Burnley, Reading, Forest, Scunthorpe, Leicester, Bristol City, Palace and we've picked up 17 points and they've picked up 16 points. So although we are drawing matches when you compare us to Swansea we've picked up more points against the same opposition than they have.

QPR and Cardiff have both played these opposition this season:

Swansea, Derby, Norwich, Ipswich, Reading, Donny, Portsmouth, Millwall, Barnsley, Leicester, Bristol City, Sheff Utd and Palace and once again we've picked up more points against the same opposition then they have - 27 to 24.

When Cardiff play the team we've played and vice versa then we can say whether or not we've dropped points because the truth is that we have picked up more points than either of our rivals against the same opposition. Who knows how they or we will do when we play the other teams.

Comment

check on skysports and it says cardiff are above us by a point, but on sky sports news, jeff stellin said we are still top on goal difference. confused.
                            http://live.skysports.com/ScoreCentre/live.html

Comment

Arguably you could have said that 5 games ago but it hasn't happened.

QPR and Swansea have both played these opposition this season:

Derby, Norwich, Burnley, Reading, Forest, Scunthorpe, Leicester, Bristol City, Palace and we've picked up 17 points and they've picked up 16 points. So although we are drawing matches when you compare us to Swansea we've picked up more points against the same opposition than they have.

QPR and Cardiff have both played these opposition this season:

Swansea, Derby, Norwich, Ipswich, Reading, Donny, Portsmouth, Millwall, Barnsley, Leicester, Bristol City, Sheff Utd and Palace and once again we've picked up more points against the same opposition then they have - 27 to 24.

When Cardiff play the team we've played and vice versa then we can say whether or not we've dropped points because the truth is that we have picked up more points than either of our rivals against the same opposition. Who knows how they or we will do when we play the other teams.

Very good poist SPC .....BUT

In layman's terms I see it this way. If we draw the next 5 (hypothetical) & Swansea win the next 5 we would have accumulated 5 points and our rivals Swansea 15 points & so on & so on. That's the way I look at things.Not who we've all played but week to week points.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                                check on skysports and it says cardiff are above us by a point, but on sky sports news, jeff stellin said we are still top on goal difference. confused.
                                http://live.skysports.com/ScoreCentre/live.html
                                Cardiff 36 points
                                QPR 35 points

Simples

Comment

Working...
                                X