Sheff U v QPR match thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheff U v QPR match thread

Anyone seen any official ‘out of Warbs mouth’ team news? He indicated after Stoke that all those who were missing would be missing again and out for between 10-14 days.

It would be great if he was bluffing and at least one of our wingbacks was available (Wallace, Moses or Albert).

Not seen anything new, let's hope he has thought this one through and plays whoever plays in their natural positions where possible, square pegs in round holes seldom works.This game is a test of character for the team, do they have the minerals in them to bounce back after a bad one against Stoke? They all talk about the spirit in the team, we shall see

Comment

Let's face it, did anyone look at this fixture in August and think Ooooh, we can pick up something there? Fact it's been shunted to a Monday night just adds to the grimness. I'd like to see us put in a tight, conservative, measured performance with no sloppiness or self-destructing in which we create a couple of chances, get them on target and hopefully in the net. If that gets us a point or three then happy days, if not I wouldn't be gutted.... at least I could think we put in a solid performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        Let's face it, did anyone look at this fixture in August and think Ooooh, we can pick up something there? Fact it's been shunted to a Monday night just adds to the grimness. I'd like to see us put in a tight, conservative, measured performance with no sloppiness or self-destructing in which we create a couple of chances, get them on target and hopefully in the net. If that gets us a point or three then happy days, if not I wouldn't be gutted.... at least I could think we put in a solid performance.
        Completely agree with you. Although I still think we looking at this and thinking it's a great opportunity to pick up a win or a point at least. Sheff utd are under huge pressure to go back up straight away. They haven't looked anything close to being good enough for the top 2. We have the quality to win this match although the fact we have no first choice wingbacks does change things a lot unfortunately.

Comment

Picking up 3 points consistently at home against the weaker sides will be the defining factor on play-off hopes this season.

Sheff Utd are a ‘above average Championship side ‘ More than happy with a point at their venue.

Comment

A point would be good , they have a lot of firepower and have clicked , keep it tight and frustrate them

Comment

I'm sure the team have been working on a game plan all week with what we have as a team.
              Gotta have faith .

Comment

Yep keep the faith, not like we have been diabolical so far this season, long way to go, gotta tough it out in this league as we all know, others teams are hitting the wall as the moment, just keep going as we have been

Comment

MONDAY’S Sky Bet Championship fixture between Sheffield United and QPR has been postponed.

QPR have informed the EFL that, following several positive COVID-19 tests among our players and staff, we have insufficient numbers to fulfil the fixture.

The circumstances surrounding the postponement will now be the subject of an investigation in accordance with EFL regulations. A rearranged date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will update supporters with further information as soon as it is available.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...-v-qpr-121221/

Comment

Surely Saturdays game v Swansea will need to be postponed too, given the 10 days isolation rule?

Comment

On a positive note
                      still 5th with a game in hand

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
                        On a positive note
                        still 5th with a game in hand
                        On a negative, game is off

Comment

On a positive note, it gives us time to get Dykes and co fit.
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                            On a positive note, it gives us time to get Dykes and co fit.
                            Yes I agree with that

Comment

Bloody hell got my ticket for Swansea already, luckily enough I haven't bought the train ticket yet. But as long as nobody at the club is seriously ill, I agree this could be a bit of a blessing in disguise on the getting players fit front

Comment

Working...
                              X