Match thread | Bristol C 2 QPR 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match thread | Bristol C 2 QPR 1

Jordan Cousins could be recalled to QPR's starting line-up after impressing as a second-half substitute in the 4-3 defeat to Birmingham. Cousins scored his first Rangers goal on Saturday as Blues, 4-0 ahead at one point, held on for victory courtesy of Lee Camp's stoppage-time penalty save.

Centre-back Toni Leistner is also likely to be promoted, with boss Steve McClaren contemplating a switch to three central defenders. QPR have gone six games without a Championship win and Geoff Cameron (ankle) and Angel Rangel (thigh) will be checked.

Bristol City are looking to complete a league double over QPR for the first time since the 1976-77 season.

QPR have lost their last two league matches against Bristol City, scoring none and conceding five.

Bristol City have won their last five home matches in all competitions, having won just three of their first 13 games at Ashton Gate this season (D5 L5).

QPR's last five away Championship scorers have all been different players (Wells, Leistner, Freeman, Eze, Samuel).

Bristol City forward Andreas Weimann has had a hand in eight goals in his last seven league matches against QPR (5 goals, 3 assists).

QPR boss Steve McClaren's two Championship meetings with Bristol City have seen his sides concede three goals in each (Derby 3-3 Bristol City in 2017-18, QPR 0-3 Bristol City in 2018-19).

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson looks set to keep faith with the side that secured their eighth successive victory in all competitions at Blackburn when QPR visit Ashton Gate on Tuesday.

Johnson has not changed his starting line-up for the last two Sky Bet Championship matches and looks set to keep the same XI against QPR, despite Eros Pisano coming off the bench to score the only goal at Ewood Park. The Italian defender will have to settle for a place on the bench alongside Kasey Palmer, who has only made one start since joining City on loan from Chelsea.

Game on Sky Sports Football red button or via the mobile app

Comment

Nahki Wells‏Verified account @nahkiwells
      FollowFollow @nahkiwells

More
      Prob the worst feeling I’ve ever had in football!! Apologies I let us down!! Try & right the wrong on Tuesday!!

9:40 am - 9 Feb 2019 From Hammersmith, London
      • 82 Retweets
      • 1,407 Likes
      • seanciaran clarkeBradTheSuavejohn o mahonyBryan JoellNick CordenGeoff PrivettDaniela

418 replies .82 retweets1,407 likes

Retweet

1. New conversation

Comment

hope we put this run of defeats to an end. Worryingly becoming a habit
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Whos hitting the M4 ?

Comment

Looking forward to this tonight, fancied going before found out its a night match
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              Looking forward to this tonight, fancied going before found out its a night match
              Long time since we played on Tuesday afternoons. Probably the three day week.

Comment

Let’s hope we:

1. Have Freeman on the left and Wszolek/BOS on th right side so we can use Hulk Smith the way we should use him - with quality delivery from both flanks
                2. Keep Lynch on the bench
                3. Play Tony L

Comment

4. Keep clean sheet

Comment

5. Start playing from minute 1

Comment

6. -0 to the robins
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

c'mon u R'S

Comment

Think we will get turned over so on that basis stick your money on away win

Comment

There will be a stream at some stage tonight, hopefully from the start.

Comment

Is live on Sky cricks

Comment

Working...
                              X