Derby Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Put this one to bed lads. I do think we need to rethink the hall in midfield option if we want to be a top half team. Beckenbauer he is not
    Yup & I'll say it again. Hall is a footballing CB. End of.

We weren't at the races. Its not how good you are when you are good, its how good you are when you are bad that separates the men from the boys. Taking a point when you don't deserve one.

Not the end of the world, but in the league this year we have had just two clean sheets. There is a way of setting up against a high press, but we weren't prepared for this.
    Last edited by hal9thou; 01-04-2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Derby are a poor side with big names,reminds me of us in the prem .we were second best all night against a poor side at home. Take this one on the chin as we've nothing to play for, similar to Derby.
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by The General View Post
        We played with no width tonight just hoofed everything up to smith

Ned gave away 4 suiciidel passes ..Pavel and Freeman very poor tonight ..lucky it wasn't 3 -0

Derby closed us down so hard we could not breath reminded me of the play off final game
        Ned was our best player by a country mile
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Wasnt the greatest game BUT in a way i'm ok it happened. I have full confidence in what ollies trying to do with the team and last night was some good examples of our weaknesses which ollie can sort out. Sure it sucks to lose but we've put in some spectaculat performances lately and are still one of the in form teams in the league. We had a bad game and smithies made a rare mistake, it happens but we've gotta remember that theres nothing to play for now, this is simply our pre pre season and i'd much rather we make mistakes now than next season.

Full faith in the team and ollie and last night was just a bad game. Roll on tuesday!

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
            Ned was our best player by a country mile
            Wasting your time Van if we play poor or lose its Neds fault it's written in the scriptures. Some have made their minds up and won't see there wrong

Comment

• I thought the whole team were poor. But agree Ned was our ''best'' player, but I'd still give him only a 6/10
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                I thought the whole team were poor. But agree Ned was our ''best'' player, but I'd still give him only a 6/10
                This. Neds won me round over the past few months with his strong performances at the back, first half of the season was a complete different story though. No one in the team really played well and you could tell we really missed mass and lynch last night. Wish mackie got brought on instead of goss though but oh well hindsight!

Comment

• Don't really think you can single out anyone for particular praise or criticism last night. It was just a complete non-performance and we really weren't at the races anywhere on the pitch.

I think Rowett had us sussed. Went with a game plan to mark Smith out of the game and overwork us in central midfield. We were never gonna do them out wide with Furlong and Bidwell playing as wing backs, so strangle Freeman in the middle of the park and we'll probably create nothing.........and it worked. Didn't help that Pawel and Manning looked so out of sorts, were they carrying knocks?

If I'm being uber critical, I'd say we should have pulled a defender off early doors and got Goss on, played 4-4-2 with Freeman pushed out on the wing. But better to chalk it down to a bad day at the office and move on!

Comment

• All players were poor, smithies included. Ned and furlong were fuc king woeful at defending and you could of drove a bus between them at times, so easy for Nugent to run in behind but good job he was wasteful. Not going to just target them as no one really turned up like tarbs said
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Bidwell was quite good defensively, I thought.
                      Last edited by Shania; 01-04-2017, 11:32 AM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Given they have just had two week break they looked out on their feet from first kick

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Given they have just had two week break they looked out on their feet from first kick
                          Said that my mate after the game last night. How did so many of our players look so knackered after a 2 week break. Should have been fit and raring to go really!

Comment

• Reckon will will get result at Villa the boss will get them fired up I'm sure

Will be nice to go villa park in a nothing game for a change last few visits have been six pointers and they have sunk us

Comment

• I actually did not say that Ned played badly if you read my post

However he gave away 3 passes as the last man that were awful and would all normally have resulted in goals

Remember you only need to to give the ball away once as the last man to lose a game van.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                                Would almost like to see us go with a normal back 4 with two proper wide players rather than full/wing backs. Seems sometimes that Ollie is trying to be too tactical with his line ups.
                                This.

The 3 cbs system is utter rot.
                                Olly set up that way against Blackburn in the cup, and we got murdered down the wings all game.

Pretty much the same last night.
                                Bidwell was blowing out of his ballarks having to constantly cover two positions.

We need a flat back 4 and build from there.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X