No announcement yet.

Fulham v QPR **Match thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chery on the wing, it's a no-brainer! Loved Sylla's goal. Chris Martin's miss is hilarious! Then imagine you're a fools fan and you get a last minute pen to make it 2-2... and you miss! Seriously, it's the best fun I've had watching football in ages. At the end their announcers says 'final score 3-1 QPR' - he must have totally lost the plot!

Last edited by Hubble; 01-10-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Loved todays game and one of my all time favourite matches (cut me some slack i'm only 23). Loved the drama of the game and the two penalties made it all the more sweeter for us, my throat feels like i've swallowed sulpher though!

Comment

• We got lucky today by all reports,yes we deserve a bit of luck but we got a big slice of it today ,fans will enjoy their pints today but hopefully realise we aren't going anywhere under JFH

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
          Having watched the highlights it does leave me wondering why chery doesn't play on the wing?

He can beat a man and put in a decent cross...to me that says winger!
          JFH is saying that if he plays on the wing, and their fullback pushes up, Chery has to drop back to mark him, and is out of position to be effective when we get the ball back. We have to say he knows what he's talking about better than what we know, he's a professional footballer/manager, we're not.

Comment

• Fulham fans getting all excited about the grandstand finish.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StuartASJ...322560/video/1

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Fulham fans getting all excited about the grandstand finish.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StuartASJ...322560/video/1
              ha ha love them 2 kids must be tourists

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy View Post
                JFH is saying that if he plays on the wing, and their fullback pushes up, Chery has to drop back to mark him, and is out of position to be effective when we get the ball back. We have to say he knows what he's talking about better than what we know, he's a professional footballer/manager, we're not.
                Agreed with this. I think he's better in rotation with someone who can also play in the middle, like CW or Yeni. That's where he looked at his best, is when he could go wide while those guys went in, but also played mostly in the middle. Limit his defensive duties in our half and he'll be an absolute livewire.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  I'd like to see it go 4-2-1-3 ball won...... do you think that is what he's trying to do?

enjoyed that little clip, jubbly
                  I'll do a more substantial write up tomorrow after I've recovered from tonight, but What I see is that we're basically playing a 4231 where the attacking 4 are so fluid that it's impossible to really judge how we're playing at any one moment of the game. One of the big things I realised today and I have to say take a huge huge bow Karl Henry, I realise now what JFH has been playing him for, he finally showed the reason today when the players started playing the way he's wanted them to offensively. KH drops into centre back allowing Hall to move to left back whenever Washington cut in. This meant that Lynch moved higher up the pitch and had cover behind if they countered. As a system, it works with the right players and KH knows how to do that.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Really pleased with the win but defensively we were poor. Full backs tuck in middle too much leaving the wingers unmarked or relying on our wingers to drop too far back and therefore weakens the midfield. Lynch needs to practise crossing
                    and Hall is struggling a bit. Caulker needs to remember he is a defender and stop having little cameos as a forward.Hamalainen looked confident when bought on.
                    Henry tends to get lost in no mans land and gets bypassed. Luongo played his heart out today. Shopido is a great sub but tires too quickly to start at the moment. BFG needs to watch the ball not the man and stop giving away needless fouls.
                    Sylla looking good.Chery seemed up for it today. Wszolek had a steady game. Support was good and players showed their appreciation at end.
                    Referee Lee Mason showed why he was not refereeing a Prem game. Fernandes was at game more than likely over the Jimmy Floyd Piggybank thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      I'll do a more substantial write up tomorrow after I've recovered from tonight, but What I see is that we're basically playing a 4231 where the attacking 4 are so fluid that it's impossible to really judge how we're playing at any one moment of the game. One of the big things I realised today and I have to say take a huge huge bow Karl Henry, I realise now what JFH has been playing him for, he finally showed the reason today when the players started playing the way he's wanted them to offensively. KH drops into centre back allowing Hall to move to left back whenever Washington cut in. This meant that Lynch moved higher up the pitch and had cover behind if they countered. As a system, it works with the right players and KH knows how to do that.

Fluid lol, its called movement nas and what good teams do anyway thought you banged on about chery cant play on the wing, & how many times have you wrote off conor, straight away as he gets abit more support he scores and is starting to come into it, also 2 uptop briefly on occassions and a better team performance in the end like loads have been banging on about to do for ages now! its not rocket science
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Any footage of us at the game?

'Twas a great atmosphere yesterday I couldn't get near the middle bit at half time
                        Anyone got footage of the crowd during the game half time or when leaving the ground?

It will make me happy again although massive hangover
                        Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Fluid lol, its called movement nas and what good teams do anyway thought you banged on about chery cant play on the wing, & how many times have you wrote off conor, straight away as he gets abit more support he scores and is starting to come into it, also 2 uptop briefly on occassions and a better team performance in the end like loads have been banging on about to do for ages now! its not rocket science
                          You really need to rethink your criticism directed towards me. I've said that Conor isn't good enough and I still stand by that when he plays striker. He scored his first goal for us in the league yesterday, and I hope he scores more, but we did not go "2 up top briefly on occasions", we just played the way a real 4231 is played. That's why we bought Yeni, to play as a left winger that cuts in and moves into the middle when we're attacking. Washington did that yesterday and good on him, he had a great game. But he was a winger, when we defended, he covered the left back. Chery didn't go much further than the centre circle when we were defending and that's because he was a centre attacking mid, not a winger. Calm down a little bit, instead of trying to one up someone, have some fun with the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
                            'Twas a great atmosphere yesterday I couldn't get near the middle bit at half time
                            Anyone got footage of the crowd during the game half time or when leaving the ground?

It will make me happy again although massive hangover
                            its on the Video vs Fulham thread 2nd video

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              its on the Video vs Fulham thread 2nd video
                              Nice one cheers 🍻
                              Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

• Exactly how i put it about briefly going into attacking postions, im calm here but you do try to make simple things sound more complicated, conor will score goals in my opinion, he wad played wrong and his confidence was in tatters! Btw im not critising you im pointing out where youve wrote off as a player and also chery cant be played on the wing and also we need chery as our no 10! Anyway its good to have two strikers on the pitch and noticeable improvement as many wanted!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X