QPR v Bristol City **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
    No I'm not saying he is anywhere near good enough, what I'm saying is he deserves a chance like all the others that have come through the door.
    He's had all season to make an impression, and been loaned back to League 1 already. Certainly every time I've seen him play this season, including today, he's been absolute rubbish. I want him gone for sure. The others I'd like to see given more of a chance again.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Washington lacks confidence not the ability to finish imp.

He struggled at Peterborough initially but they stuck with him and gave him the platform to keep playing and when he did tuck his first away he didn't stop scoring.

He's barely been given a chance under jfh. Clearly needs back to back games and some faith. Also we are not the most creative of teams and we lack a player who is able to pick out a decent through ball.
      I'm gonna sound like a broken record here but why does he deserve back to back games? Today for example, assume we had a match next week, what makes him deserve a match? He did nothing but hit a pea-roller in the first half. Meanwhile in the 15 minutes that Polter was on (some said that's not enough time to give a striker when it was Washington coming on), he hit the crossbar and got involved in every attacking move, took some lovely touches, won the ball most chances he got and generally did significantly more than Washington did in about a fifth of the time. The whole game, Washington had 1 shot, no dribbles, did nothing but get dispossessed twice. What does Polter do in 15 minutes? Takes two shots, hits the crossbar and has a shot blocked, wins the ball in the air, dribbles past his man (really good attempt at a run and got unlucky to be blocked off at the end of it.

People make the excuse today that Washington didn't get any service, but why is it that Polter got enough service to fashion a couple of chances on the ground? It's because Polter knows where to be, Polter knows how to get into positions and he at least tries to shoot. I'm sorry but if we keep talking about Washington not getting enough time, he had 75 minutes today, Polter had 15 and Polter did a lot more. Time isn't the issue, determination is.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

[QUOTE=maidstone_hoop;1533153]Washington lacks confidence not the ability to finish imp.

He struggled at Peterborough initially but they stuck with him and gave him the platform to keep playing and when he did tuck his first away he didn't stop scoring.

He's barely been given a chance under jfh. Clearly needs back to back games and some faith. Also we are not the most creative of teams and[B] we lack a player who is able to pick out a decent through ball.[/[/

And service from the wingers.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          He's had all season to make an impression, and been loaned back to League 1 already. Certainly every time I've seen him play this season, including today, he's been absolute rubbish. I want him gone for sure. The others I'd like to see given more of a chance again.
          Not had much of a go under JFH. Just hope the new players and youth will get more of a chance than Gladwin gets before being moved on.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I do agree with you Nasser in that Washington never looks a threat, and hasnt scored due to bad luck just never really been close. I do wish to say though I think off the bench is the best role for Polter generally as his energy is best when the other team is tiring.

Comment

I don't think Gladwin will make it for us, obviously I'd love him too but I still have no idea what position he actually plays? Is he a utility player or what??

Petrasso though looks very very talented and imo will be a starter for us. Hasn't played many games but always plays well, I'd be happy if we sold Phillips and invested his fee into other positions whilst straight up givibg the spot to Petrasso. He can only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                I don't think Gladwin will make it for us, obviously I'd love him too but I still have no idea what position he actually plays? Is he a utility player or what??

Petrasso though looks very very talented and imo will be a starter for us. Hasn't played many games but always plays well, I'd be happy if we sold Phillips and invested his fee into other positions whilst straight up givibg the spot to Petrasso. He can only get better.
                Petrasso definitely made an impression for me since he's been getting game time, looks rapid both physically fast and mentally fast, good reactions and he creates a bit too. Hope to see more of him.

Additionally, young Axel Prouhouly on the bench today looks likely to break through soon.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

42% possession at home against Bristol City is a concern for me irrespective of the result.

I know people on here constantly say that domination of possession doesn't matter, but against decent opposition we'd be crucified giving them 58%. We are still very poor on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    42% possession at home against Bristol City is a concern for me irrespective of the result.

I know people on here constantly say that domination of possession doesn't matter, but against decent opposition we'd be crucified giving them 58%. We are still very poor on the ball.
                    It's a style of play, best teams don't always play for possession. Today we were solid off the ball, that's how we played mate. If our style of play is so clearly based off of possession, then this would be concerning, but I don't think it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Also, we beat Derby 2 - 0 at home and gave them 58% possession. Didn't see us getting crucified on that day. Incidentally, if we were poor on the ball, we'd not score 2 goals with 42% possession. We didn't get cricified by brentford when we beat them 3 - 0 at home and they had 57% possession, did we? What about when we beat Birmingham 2 - 0 at home and they had 56% possession? We're we crucified against them? It's a style of play.

Comment

• Score that counts

Leicester just won league can't imagine their possession stats are anything great as they play on the counter attack.

Clean sheet and a goal at the other end suits me down to the ground

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Well Cherys off so no chance of scoring from him. Think this will be the last we see of Gladwin. Pulls off moments of brilliance every now and again but far too inconsistent and his brilliant moments usually don't lead to much anyway

The one thing you can guarantee is whoever we let go deemed not good enough will go on to be a great player elsewhere.

Puncheon, Simpson, god to many to list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Poor game. Typical mid to bottom of the table stuff.

Devoid of any quality, creativity or oomph. Just very bland, same as it's been all season in fairness.

This club won't get near a promotion again with this ingredients I'm afraid. No regular goalscorer, no playmaker, one up front will see to that. Really drab stuff ahead.

Unless JFH ditches this awful one up front tactic he's obsessed by, you'll continue to be bored to the teeth with this kind of football.

Fantastic goal from Karlos Henry, Polti great effort when he came on, and a cracking shot off the post. Keeper good too.

Thank god the season is over. One of the most boring on record.
                            Ill second that

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Petrasso definitely made an impression for me since he's been getting game time, looks rapid both physically fast and mentally fast, good reactions and he creates a bit too. Hope to see more of him.

Additionally, young Axel Prouhouly on the bench today looks likely to break through soon.
                              Agree with this, think Petrasso just needs a little more confidence and a run in the squad, he'll become a star.

Axel Prouhouly, don't know much about him other than some say he's quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Possession means bugger all. You could have 20% possession and win a game 1-0.
                                Still, we have a whole pre season to work on it now.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2