No announcement yet.

Burton Albion v QPR Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not too fussed about being knocked out of the Lg Cup, my concern is the squad is not as deep as many of us were believing! Even our reserves should have enough to beat a Lg 2 side, I read we didn't have a shot on goal which has to be a concern!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      shameful performance, listened on the radio they said swp still hadn't crossed the ball once after 65 mins, blame the idiot that picked him
      After 65mins SWP didn't cross the ball once... Not sure blaming HR for picking him is right

Every player who started today had a point to prove and this was their chance to prove it. If they can't turn over Burton, 'focking Burton' then there's something wrong with the player's!!!! They're focking premiership player's now, step up!!!
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Cheers Adel. Top quality. Ran the game, eh? Now f ack off you fat plum.
        Lol

Comment

• I can't get mad about this I'm done getting mad, I just cant stop laughing it doesn't seem to mattwr who we have in charge its the same old situation, and I cant put my finger on what the problem is??

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            think the fans should boycott the cup games, looks like the club have
            You make a hell of a point. Why should fans keep paying money for cup competitions if they are gonna keep disrespecting the fans of constant poor footie in the cups. I know we are poor in league but when we do have a good season, we are still dreadful in cups. Think if no one goes, they will lose money and may have to rethink that treating fans like that is not acceptable.
            'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• In fact that should b a poll.
              'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                After 65mins SWP didn't cross the ball once... Not sure blaming HR for picking him is right

Every player who started today had a point to prove and this was their chance to prove it. If they can't turn over Burton, 'focking Burton' then there's something wrong with the player's!!!! They're focking premiership player's now, step up!!!

I am of the same opinion Nick.
                I can't comment on tonight's game ...haven't even heard comms. Be interested to know if there was any desire, workrate, or commitment shown tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham Norton View Post
                  Doubt that was the case at all! Rio, Barton, Austin, Traore and Isla weren't in the squad either so I assume they're all being rested or have a knock.
                  Barton said that he wasn't going to be playing on Monday. Austin is injured. Not sure about the others. You forgot Caulker.
                  Remy didn't need to be rested. He hasn't really done much.

At least we did better than Manchester United.
                  Last edited by jmelanie; 27-08-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                    You make a hell of a point. Why should fans keep paying money for cup competitions if they are gonna keep disrespecting the fans of constant poor footie in the cups. I know we are poor in league but when we do have a good season, we are still dreadful in cups. Think if no one goes, they will lose money and may have to rethink that treating fans like that is not acceptable.
                    I doubt they'll even notice it. It's only a couple of games a year. Only 600 Rs there tonight apparently. The club won't lose sleep over that sort of money.

Comment

• players are exhausted after 2 league games - they need a rest!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        I doubt they'll even notice it. It's only a couple of games a year. Only 600 Rs there tonight apparently. The club won't lose sleep over that sort of money.
                        I agree with you but empty stadium is probably only way we can show its unacceptable

Comment

• F ack me. I've just found out that Burton are a fourth tier club!!!!!! It's humiliating. Harry has to explain himself. And the players apologise.

Comment

• Just want to say that none of the supporters who went tonight deserved that, you made all us proud.

Comment

• Well that was a bit grim. Feel for those who travelled.

Comment

• harry's thoughts

Harry Redknapp suggested that some of his players had reached the end of the line at QPR after the Capital One Cup Cup defeat against Burton – but Adel Taarabt was praised for his performance.

Taarabt, making his first appearance for Rangers since May 2013, showed glimpses of his ability before tiring in the second half.

The player’s future remains unclear ahead of the approaching transfer deadline, but manager Redknapp believes he could yet have a future at Loftus Road.

“We saw one or two tonight who I don’t think are going to get in my team and are better off moving on.” – Harry Redknapp

Redknapp said: “It was only Taarabt who did himself any good tonight. I thought in the first half he was different class.

“He got a bit tired towards the end but I thought his performance was encouraging and if we can get him fit he could be an asset.

“I don’t know what he’s going to do – he’s got a buy-out clause I think – but you saw in that first half that his ability is on another level.
                                Taarabt was praised

Taarabt was praised

“When he wants to play he’s a fantastic talent. He can do things other people can’t do.”

But other fringe players failed to impress.

League Two outfit Burton deserved their win despite Redknapp fielding an experienced side, albeit a much-changed one.

“It was a poor performance. We didn’t look like scoring in the second half,” Redknapp admitted.

“I gave the lads who haven’t been playing an opportunity to show me what they could do and they showed me what they could do – and it wasn’t an awful lot.

“We look off the pace still. We look like we’ve got a few players still trying to get their match fitness.

“We saw one or two tonight who I don’t think are going to get in my team and are better off moving on.”

Shaun Wright-Phillips was especially poor and was jeered by the travelling Rangers fans when he was substituted in the second half.

“Shaun had a tough night tonight,” said Redknapp.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X