Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Roberts Final news Really Sad NEWS

This is Neil's mum again.
    As you have probably guessed from the title of this message I have some very sad news.
    Neil died peacefully in his sleep at around 4.15 p.m. today (Saturday 19th February./
    All his family were with him. This came as a relief to us all as he had suffered a lot in the last few weeks.
    His day at the QPR v. Coventry match really bucked him up, but after that he went downhill fast.
    I know how much all your messages meant to Neil when he was feeling useless and low.
    Thank you once again to everyone concerned.
    Pat
    Last edited by bookworm; 19-02-2011, 09:49 PM. Reason: Important news

I don't know Neil personally but he clearly is a very very well loved man from what I hear.

Please send our best wishes & let's hope the R's continue to put a smile on his face.

Comment

So sorry to hear the sad news Pat. I didn't know Neil but have followed the messages on here and he was obviosuly well loved and respected by all the QPR Family. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Very sad news, please take a moment to read.

I received a tx message this evening as we were coming back from the Preston game from Becky Roberts - Sadly this afternoon Neil passed away peacefully in his sleep. Becky said he had his family by his side including his two daughters.
        I'm sure you will all join me in offering our condolences to Becky and all the Roberts family at this difficult time.
        You know it was only last Saturday afternoon that Kathy and myself went across to Herne Bay to visit Neil. He was so weak, his bed had been moved down to the living room as he couldn't make the short walk upstairs.
        The last words Neil spoke to me and Kathy were ... You will come and see me again won't you. We said yes, as we intended to visit him again this coming week as it was the half term from school.
        I'm so upset ..... thank you my friends for taking the time to read this short message about our 'Brother in Hoops' ... God Bless you Neil, my dear friend.

Joe Hylton.
        R.I.P Steve Edwards, Neil Roberts & Trevor Kingham
        Our "BROTHERS in HOOPS"

Comment

very sorry to hear that, thoughts are with the family.

RIP

Comment

RIP, very sorry to hear this news
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Very sad news.

RIP
              Now, Then, Forever
              [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

RIP Neil. I hope the R's and Yeading do you proud.

Comment

Very sad to hear. RIP Neil.

Thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

Comment

Very sad news Joe. I saw you from a distance at Preston today and very nearly came over to ask how Neil was.

As usual at times like this it puts our own worries and problems into context.

R.I.P. Neil.

Comment

RIP. Vic told us the sad news on the coach today.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

R.I.P Neil
                        so sad this world has lost a true ranger , we and all rangers fans all hope the rangers get promoted for you neil and the many rangers followers that can't be us on this earth. i never knew you mate , but have heard your name mentioned by many and how repected you are!!!
                        Last edited by UB5 Ranger; 20-02-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I'll say a prayer for his family. RIP.

Comment

Rip,god bless
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

My condolences to his you and his family.

Comment

Working...
                              X