I may be alone but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be alone but

Have read all the critisism concerning being **** and lacking effort today.

I must have watched a different game,we were playing against a team costing hundreds of millions,chasing champions league football and who fancied their chances of winning the league.

With half a dozen reserves we restricted them to a couple of powder puff shots and they only scored as we all know via a joke penalty decision.

We had a couple of decent chances and could have nicked a draw at the end.

Yes we all know Smith,Mackie,Hall,Hill,Macheda and Buzz are not top prem players but I thought Hill and Hall had decent games.

Not sure what some of our fans expect,anyone seeing the team sheets today must have feared a right tonking, however due to effort they made the **** look a poor side.

Spot on. Fair and accurate assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

I must have watched a different game,we were playing against a team costing hundreds of millions,chasing champions league football and who fancied their chances of winning the league.

With half a dozen reserves we restricted them to a couple of powder puff shots and they only scored as we all know via a joke penalty decision.

Yes we all know Smith,Mackie,Hall,Hill,Macheda and Buzz are not top prem players but I thought Hill and Hall had decent games.

Not sure what some of our fans expect,anyone seeing the team sheets today must have feared a right tonking, however due to effort they made the **** look a poor side.
      is this a whole theres victory in defeat kinda post? ...agree m8 i spose...just so crap to watch and embarrassed by the effort and the fact that we have hardly any players of any quality

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        is this a whole theres victory in defeat kinda post? ...agree m8 i spose...just so crap to watch and embarrassed by the effort and the fact that we have hardly any players of any quality
        chelsea was crap too

Comment

Hard to really comment. Both sides played badly, so do not really know what either team was capable of. Last weekend Wigan played to the best of their ability, we upped our game and won.

Comment

I agree 100% with this, no we did not play well but it's Chelsea ffs! Not bloody Doncaster!
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
              chelsea was crap too
              They were by their standards, but they still had more than enough to make us chase shadows, even though they created little.

As for everyone mentioning lask of effort from our players, those that have played the game will know it takes a lot more effort when the opposition are dominating posession and you chase shadows. Harder graft for little reward. Even worse when the fans then say they didn't put it in....

Also it cannot be ignored that we did restrict them to next to no chances themselves.... how much did Kenny have to do??? You don't do that without a hard working grafting defensive display. Yes going forward was bad, but it still takes hard work to shut out good teams.

Comment

Disagree! We won Wigan, so should win Chelsea and Barcelona too!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  Disagree! We won Wigan, so should win Chelsea and Barcelona too!
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

some good points , but where was the spirit that beat them earliar in the season , mackie buzz and swp were dire today, barton was our best player as he wanted to pass the ball not just hump it up, pointless as david luis won everything in the air

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      some good points , but where was the spirit that beat them earliar in the season , mackie buzz and swp were dire today, barton was our best player as he wanted to pass the ball not just hump it up, pointless as david luis won everything in the air
                      Most performances in the first game were dire also, but we won regardless but only just against 9 men for 45 mins.

Today they had 11 players for the whole game, we didn't have Taraabt, Traore, Faurlin and they hardly had a shot on goal all game and only scored through arguably the weakest pen of all time.

So what was the better performance....?

In truth we were decidedly average in both.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Good post totally agree

Comment

Possibly better in this game because they really did not look like scoring.

Comment

Far more positives than negatives, we are looking very organised under Hughes and making far less silly mistakes. Negatives for me was SWP's control, Mackies lack off ability and Macheda impersonating a footballer.

Positives were the whole defence, Tommy Smith, Barton leading like a captain and our Viking Warrior holding it up.

Comment

Buzz and HH were carrying injuries and it showed. With Hill and Hall at the back and Mackie chuffing up the wing I thought the best we could do was stop them playing their game and see if we could create a chance. Job done apart from a dodgy pen. All things considered I thought Hill, at 33 and who is by definition a lower league player until this season, didn't look out of place up against torres and Sturridge at times.

Honestly don't think Hughes had too many options, it could've been 0-3 if we tried to play it differently. It was poor stuff to watch but 0-0 would've been a great result irrespective if we had a fully fit side or what we could put out today.

Comment

Working...
                              X