Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite close to winning?

Really Nas?

As for the 4-4-2 bit, not much point in having the aerial ability of both Polter and Sylla, if you've taken off the only two blokes capable of crossing a ball.

I dread to think what sort of team he's going to mess about with on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Quite close to winning?

Really Nas?

As for the 4-4-2 bit, not much point in having the aerial ability of both Polter and Sylla, if you've taken off the only two blokes capable of crossing a ball.

I dread to think what sort of team he's going to mess about with on Tuesday.
      I don't know about that, Chery stayed on and he put in an alright cross to win us the match against fulham...
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        I don't know about that, Chery stayed on and he put in an alright cross to win us the match against fulham...
        Exact reason why he should be out wide instead of killing everything through the middle

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Exact reason why he should be out wide instead of killing everything through the middle
          Doesn't defend well enough to play out wide in this system. Needs to be able to actually tackle the opposition to take on that role, as well as tracking back.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Doesn't defend well enough to play out wide in this system. Needs to be able to actually tackle the opposition to take on that role, as well as tracking back.
            Well if he's not prepared to do the dirty side of the game like the rest of the team he's freeloading and can foxtrot off. If he had ability to turn a game like Adel then fair enough but he can't even stand in his shadow but some are thinking he's like the second coming. He's one of the worst attacking midfield players I have seen in the hoops

Comment

Well if he's not prepared to do the dirty side of the game like the rest of the team he's freeloading and can foxtrot off. If he had ability to turn a game like Adel then fair enough but he can't even stand in his shadow but some are thinking he's like the second coming. He's one of the worst attacking midfield players I have seen in the hoops
              That is a huge exaggeration imo, but based on what you've said so far, I'm not surprised that it's your reaction. You may think your way, I think he's pretty good.

Comment

No it's my opinion. Players like Rowlands had less ability but were far better more influential players

Comment

Agree with Westy, The cross fir the winning goal at Fulham won us 3 points and no more so cannot understand the love in towards this guy. Not for me and not a knee jerk reaction.

Comment

Rowlands was a gem of a player. Could run games from the centre of the park and was also a decent skipper

Comment

the penny has finally dropped for me! Nas. you really are JFH. Its the only explanation. Can anyone on here confirm that they have seen Nas?

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                        the penny has finally dropped for me! Nas. you really are JFH. Its the only explanation. Can anyone on here confirm that they have seen Nas?
                        It's embarrassing tbh.

Can only put it down to his age / lack of football knowledge / blinded by fake stats / newbie fan excitement.

Comment

This romford fella is a top bloke. I'd even go as far to say, that you pick a fixture and I'll be there to buy you a beer. I am forever agreeing with him and he is a proper R's fan
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think QPR should play 442 and if Chery cannot play on the wing then he shold be dropped.
                            There's not much poi t in playing this formation just to suit him. Had he been scoring and creating goals from the position he plays in then yes, keep things this way, but he isn't.
                            How many goals has he scored or created from his position in the central role of the 3 behind the striker?
                            As for having to play long balls for a 442 system, that's not true. Nor is not having a link from midfield to attack. Decent midfielders can pass the ball, tackle and drive the team forward (as Rowlands did). Also, wingers who can dribble, take on the full back and cross the ball do not need long balls hit towards them to create chances.

Comment

Right, because we didn't switch up today at all did we? No changing it to a 442 happened at all today right? Didn't bring on Sylla to partner Polter and Washington to do more on the left did we? Can't be serious if you think nothing changed tactically, plenty did. The issue (as I've said a million times before) is that if you play a 442, you have two people who can finish and you no longer have any real link between the midfield 4 and the attacking pair. Only way up is down the wings and with long balls, and unsurprisingly, people complain when we play long balls.

We got unlucky at times today, Polter could've scored from a corner and Wszolek hesitated when clean through on goal. Just because Smithies had to work too, doesn't mean we're getting lucky at all.
                              Ok so this weeks excuse is we were unlucky. Keep dreaming, fine by me. You even abandon stats when they don't suit your purposes. Denial is a powerful thing.

Just so you know, 4-2-3-1 with the occasional bit of 4-4-2 wont change anything. The predictability is the problem.

Comment

As soon as you see the trio of Perch, Nervous Ned and Henry you know we are going to have problems. One home league win so far. Was all for giving JFH time but I'm beginning to waver.
                                I want to shout,sing,cheer but they've got to give me something to do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X