On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

Good win but again made a meal of the last 10 minutes, team blows hot and cold, excellent at times going forward but a shambles in defense, Nedum was like a 1 man defence at times although Hall looked ok, 2 full backs again were fairly poor, bringing back
    Simpson looks a good idea.

Brilliant reception for Stan the man who seemed to be having a great time.

This team has potential with a couple of decent defenders, however it could all fall apart if Austin and Phillips go.
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 22-08-2015, 05:48 PM.

Austin is gone mate. Think Matty might stay but 50 50 with him. Paul konchesky is not good enough and I agree both full backs hold us back
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Austin is gone mate. Think Matty might stay but 50 50 with him. Paul konchesky is not good enough and I agree both full backs hold us back
      Send Konchesky back and don't think Simpson is that great.

Comment

Thought koncesky did ok really
        Always showing for ball
        I'm not he's biggest fan but What did he do wrong ?
        Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Tackling was fine,distribution was very poor at times, just do not understand buying a 34 year old on his way down when Kpekawa has shown promise and would have been fine at this level until Yun was fit.

Comment

Konchesky gets unfair stick imo ... Thought he played well today ... All about opinions I suppose

Comment

Konchesky did fine today, just seemed slow but that is expected.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                Konchesky gets unfair stick imo ... Thought he played well today ... All about opinions I suppose
                Don't get me wrong, he is no worse than Perch who is also a bit hit and miss,point being why not play a promising youngster for a few weeks,this Division is pony and nothing like the Premiership, think the youngster could handle this level.

Comment

Rubbish first half football wise. Better second, put some passing together which was nice. Sketchy last 10.

Not a bad side, not great either. Lose Austin and we'll be below average. Defence dodgy. Need a striker pronto. Happy with the goals and win.

Comment

On the evidence of the first 4 games, I think we'll more than hold our own this season as an attacking threat. The defence inspires absolutely no confidence whatsoever though, and Rob Green really needs to go. I don't think I've ever seen a goalkeeper concede so many placed shots from 20-25 yards out. Having to score at least twice to get something out of the game is not a recipe for a successful season, and has to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                      On the evidence of the first 4 games, I think we'll more than hold our own this season as an attacking threat. The defence inspires absolutely no confidence whatsoever though, and Rob Green really needs to go. I don't think I've ever seen a goalkeeper concede so many placed shots from 20-25 yards out. Having to score at least twice to get something out of the game is not a recipe for a successful season, and has to be addressed sooner rather than later.
                      Rob Green did fine today, got an assist and made some decent saves. Defensively, only Onuoha really stands out (as expected to be honest). Think Hall is decent but we need a better ball player because we can't be relying on their distribution when we are under pressure.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Konchesky played well certainly better than being portrayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Konchesky played well certainly better than being portrayed.
                          Didn't do much wrong in fairness.

Comment

3 points is great but we should be winning home matches against very weak opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
                              3 points is great but we should be winning home matches against very weak opposition.
                              And not conceding two goals every single game.

Comment

Working...
                              X