On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

Good result and performance, finally put a team to the sword, AJ was the difference, chased everything and made the first 2 goals. MOTM for me again was Barton, closely followed by Austin. Thought Carroll made a difference actually looking to go forward. Again Benny at left back looked different class.

Against better teams 4-4-2 may come unstuck, but surely this must b the formation at home against bottom teams.however I thought we looked more balanced playing this way.

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Good result and performance, finally put a team to the sword, AJ was the difference, chased everything and made the first 2 goals. MOTM for me again was Barton, closely followed by Austin. Thought Carroll made a difference actually looking to go forward. Again Benny at left back looked different class.

Against better teams 4-4-2 may come unstuck, but surely this must b the formation at home against bottom teams.however I thought we looked more balanced playing this way.
    This. We looked lively until we took our foot off the pedal late second half. AJ had a hand in both goals, so playing him proved the point many of us (all of us??) have been making on here. Third on the teamsheet behind Clint and Joey Saturday. First time we've won by three clear goals since March 2013. It felt quietly sweet, didn't it?

Comment

Part of the reason I give harry a hard time. AJ makes a huge difference and is far too good to be sitting on the bench. He is a runner and he works his socks off. He also gives their defenders no time on the ball and we press further up the pitch and don't invite pressure like we did against an average doncaster side.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        This. We looked lively until we took our foot off the pedal late second half. AJ had a hand in both goals, so playing him proved the point many of us (all of us??) have been making on here. Third on the teamsheet behind Clint and Joey Saturday. First time we've won by three clear goals since March 2012. It felt quietly sweet, didn't it?
        Ooops. Should be March freaking 2012.....

Comment

i'd also like to add my defence of holliet was spot on. A player that is not valued enough but the bloke is another player that has to start for me.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            i'd also like to add my defence of holliet was spot on. A player that is not valued enough but the bloke is another player that has to start for me.
            I thought Hoillet was awful tonight.

Off the pace although they were doubling up on him a lot.

Comment

Some of the runs AJ made in behind their defence were superb. We were actually turning a team around, which made all the difference

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Actually agree, he was decent tonight.

Comment

Barton had an off day,kept giving the ball away,Austin Johnson grafted but Clint for me
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Barton was still good ,especially first half
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                      It's good to know that both systems work well for us. Worth remembering too that we played 4-4-2 earlier in the season with success, Harry only changed it when AJ got injured.

Comment

Austin MOTM by a country mile. Lead the line really well up top and made at least 4 good tackles, blocks and headers to prevent them getting shots on target. He was everywhere tonight, rarely gave the ball away, and when he did he chased back. Just seems to be getting better and better every game. Barton was a close 2nd, followed Ekotto. Not sure if I was watching a different game to others who thought Hill was MOTM, in a game which we won comfortably with the opposition posing little threat? Happy to have a debate on it though?

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                          I thought Hoillet was awful tonight.

Off the pace although they were doubling up on him a lot.
                          This.

I actually like Hoillet but he was pony tonight (bar his goal!) - he has so many opportunities to get a shot away yet he decides to take 5 touches putting it onto his right foot, by which time 2 defenders are on him.

In fairness to him to worked hard tonight and tracked back which he often doesn't, but all in all not great at all. Matt Phillips, on the other hand, seems to be coming on leaps & bounds game by game - showing why we forked out a few quid or him. Great goal from him tonight & I expect a few more to follow.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                            Austin MOTM by a country mile. Lead the line really well up top and made at least 4 good tackles, blocks and headers to prevent them getting shots on target. He was everywhere tonight, rarely gave the ball away, and when he did he chased back. Just seems to be getting better and better every game. Barton was a close 2nd, followed Ekotto. Not sure if I was watching a different game to others who thought Hill was MOTM, in a game which we won comfortably with the opposition posing little threat? Happy to have a debate on it though?
                            Hill put in some very important tackles last night as a last man,thought his positioning was excellent.
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X