On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Got out of jail today with a win after a dreadful performance, should have been 2 down and dead and buried. They was a lack of cohesion, shocking passing and a fair degree of hoofball.Only Barton showed his class and was easily MOTM.

Cannot fault effort but nothing seemed to come off, dare I criticise Harry and say the break up off the Henry-Barton ball winning combo was a mistake.

O'Neil drifted infield and over to the left nullyfing Simpson getting forward,instructions were obviously to just give the ball to Carroll ASAP, good player that he is it was too much to ask.
    Playing with BZ is now a joke, he is finished and Young Hitchcock would offer more,Harry needs another striker ASAP as Johnson and Hoillets injury records are laughable.

Great to see Austin score the first of many and I am sure this team can only improve, second and not playing that well, that will do me.

In fairness it has not been pretty in any of our games this season but were undefeated and have a gritty look about us which is important. We look workmanlike and especially at the back well drilled.

Can see another scrappy 3 points midweek which I would take now.

Would be interesting to see us go behind in a strange way as we would have to cut loose and be a bit more adventurous where as at the moment we just keep chipping away get in front and kind of see it out to the end looking fairly comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      In fairness it has not been pretty in any of our games this season but were undefeated and have a gritty look about us which is important. We look workmanlike and especially at the back well drilled.

Can see another scrappy 3 points midweek which I would take now.

Would be interesting to see us go behind in a strange way as we would have to cut loose and be a bit more adventurous where as at the moment we just keep chipping away get in front and kind of see it out to the end looking fairly comfortable.
      we did v Wednesday & Uddersfield

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        we did v Wednesday & Uddersfield
        Mean since we have been winning one nil as we seem to be going out just to kind of contain get noses in front and kill the game

Comment

Mean since we have been winning one nil as we seem to be going out just to kind of contain get noses in front and kill the game
          Oh right ....I'd rather we didn't fall behind ever again!....boring ain't i?!

Comment

Creditbto Rob Green and our defence.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Oh right ....I'd rather we didn't fall behind ever again!....boring ain't i?!
              Not complaining mate I would have that all season long if honest just would be interesting to see if we go up a gear. Currently it looks comfortable but is effective so long may it continue

Comment

We got lucky today, if we perform like that again we will not win.
                My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Not complaining mate I would have that all season long if honest just would be interesting to see if we go up a gear. Currently it looks comfortable but is effective so long may it continue
                  I do not think we have a second gear at the moment. We cn only get better, I hope.

Bobby Zamora was dreadfull again. His touch used to be first class now it is ****.

Comment

Originally posted by WCE View Post
                    We got lucky today, if we perform like that again we will not win.
                    We will perform like that again & win. Yes it wernt great but hopefully we will click soon
                    Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
                      We will perform like that again & win. Yes it wernt great but hopefully we will click soon
                      Brum hit post, offside goal, good pen claim and missed a sitter, we got lucky.
                      My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
                        The problem today was clear to me. We were playing way too deep, and there was very little link up play through the midfield, with both Barton and Carroll both coming into our own half to pick the ball, and very often looking up and finding no-one to pass to, and a lot of the time was why we were having to go long.

Not sure we can play those two together in that formation, as to be honest we were a bit lucky today, and think Brum deserved at least a point.

Looked better with the 2 Phillips boys on, and hopefully they should start on Weds, with Barton and Henry in the middle. Carroll looked a bit overwhelmed by it all, and should be eased in I think.

Comment

Originally posted by WCE View Post
                          Brum hit post, offside goal, good pen claim and missed a sitter, we got lucky.
                          bout bl**dy time

Comment

Thought we really missed AJ's runs up front which would have brought the best out of Carroll. Concerned about Carroll's lack of ability to defend - Barton was having to cover far too much ground across the back of the midfield.

Comment

id take palying poorly every week n winning!
                              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X