Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

MOTM Game 1: QPR v Leeds

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brian Wilson
    Silver Seat
    • Jul 2009
    • 4400

    #16
    Was surprised Sky gave it to Chery. For me it could have been any one of Onuoha, Henry, Luongo or Polter. Thought Hall was excellent too.

    Comment

    • Hubble
      Postmodernist
      • Jan 2013
      • 5616

      #17
      Polter for me. Last year's scapegoat for many - and some of the stuff I read about him on here was shocking - has proved his doubters so wrong. Yesterday he was magnificent in the lone striker role. Worked his socks off, hit the upright and scored a sublime goal at the death, what more can you ask from your striker? Brilliant. I really love this lad and his attitude.
      Last edited by Hubble; 08-08-2016, 11:57 PM.

      Comment

      • Ginger Ninja
        W12 Seat
        • Jan 2010
        • 17458

        #18
        Henry was outstanding, but for me Luongo just about pips him to MOTM. Immense, superb performance from him, hope he keeps it up.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

        Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

        Summer Transfers 2019

        IN


        OUT

        Comment

        • Hertford Hoop
          W12 Seat
          • Mar 2009
          • 15998

          #19
          Originally posted by Ginger Ninja
          Henry was outstanding, but for me Luongo just about pips him to MOTM. Immense, superb performance from him, hope he keeps it up.
          Henry's performance made it easier for Luongo to shine and that's what should be happening. You need the work horse to do his job for the race horse to do his.

          They worked well together and it all bodes well
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

          Comment

          • Ginger Ninja
            W12 Seat
            • Jan 2010
            • 17458

            #20
            Originally posted by Hertford Hoop
            Henry's performance made it easier for Luongo to shine and that's what should be happening. You need the work horse to do his job for the race horse to do his.

            They worked well together and it all bodes well
            Definitely liking the look of this new partnership early doors mate.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

            Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

            Summer Transfers 2019

            IN


            OUT

            Comment

            • Kevin Mcleod
              Referee
              • Aug 2013
              • 17322

              #21
              Didnt get one single vote but our right back whos not a right back was are only player to make the championship team of the week.

              Comment

              • nasser95
                Gold Seat
                • Dec 2012
                • 7216

                #22
                Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod
                Didnt get one single vote but our right back whos not a right back was are only player to make the championship team of the week.
                I did say prior that he would be highly rated for getting a goal and an assist from right back.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                Comment

                • Shepherds Mush
                  Platinum Seat
                  • Nov 2012
                  • 10325

                  #23
                  Luongo was outstanding.

                  Have to say that Polter chasing down that last ball to get the goal...THAT was quality and well deserved.

                  Comment

                  • nasser95
                    Gold Seat
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 7216

                    #24
                    For those into it, Nedum Onuoha has become the first QPR player to get an in form card in Fifa this year.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                    Comment

                    • Tarbie
                      Gold Seat
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 8542

                      #25
                      Agree with the popular vote of Luongo but I think Polter, Bidwell, Chery, Shodipo & Onouha all could easily have won it too, also think Karl Henry had a really good game. In fact, let's be honest Gladwin was the only poor performance and Smithies literally had nothing to do all game!

                      Comment

                      • Kevin Mcleod
                        Referee
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 17322

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Tarbie
                        Agree with the popular vote of Luongo but I think Polter, Bidwell, Chery, Shodipo & Onouha all could easily have won it too, also think Karl Henry had a really good game. In fact, let's be honest Gladwin was the only poor performance and Smithies literally had nothing to do all game!
                        Thank god Gladwin did as well, would of been uproar if the boo boys had nobody to boo and scream obscenities at someone from our side first game of the season.

                        Comment

                        • alanfullerqpr
                          Bronze Seat
                          • May 2012
                          • 856

                          #27
                          luongo for me
                          TWITTER
                          @alanfullerqpr

                          FACEBOOK
                          Alan Fuller


                          QPR IS MY LIFE.

                          Comment

                          Working...