No announcement yet.

just how good was stanley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those who think adel is a magician then im affraid he is paul daniels to stans david copperfield thats really how much better stan was than adle will ever be!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loftlag View Post
      In todays market being English at 25 years old a starting price 70 mil ,Stan Rodney and Tony Currie made the number 10 shirt legiondry ,a cat named Stan me too
      Now I know I can't comment too much as I never saw him play; but I can't help but think that's over-egged a little bit?
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

maybe a tad matty but not by much believe me....stan really was the greatest player ive ever seen wear our famous shirt....a maverick yet 'team' player as well unlike marsh/tabratt...a fantastic low body of gravity and a hip swerve at times as good as johan cryuffs....broke scoring records in the uefa cup against top euro opposition too!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loftlag View Post
          In todays market being English at 25 years old a starting price 70 mil ,
          Stan Rodney and Tony Currie made the number 10 shirt legiondry ,a cat named Stan me too
          Good job he's not playing today then, ....he'd have sold himself over and over and then lost it all on a horse or a dog

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Now I know I can't comment too much as I never saw him play; but I can't help but think that's over-egged a little bit?
            Not at all Matty English player are always more exspencive
            If Stanley had played for Man U he would have been rated along side G Best

Comment

....and he could be a little....

Comment

Stan was quite simply a pure genius on the football pitch, remembering the pitches back then were atrocious, he could still do things with the ball, players today could only dream about. Ok so there is probably some romance in how I saw Stan, as I was an 8 year old when I first saw him in 73 and watching him, Thomas, Parksie, Francis and Givens, was just an absolute dream but he was a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
                  The best one-footed player ever, all left foot.Did some of the most outrageous things with a ball you could wish to see. An absolute privilege to see play live. And he didn't give a flying f*ck about anyone else or what they thought of him. Him and Rodney the best players to ever pull on the hoops shirt by a country mile.
                  No chance, Gerry Francis was our best ever player!

Stan was the most skillful but I like to look at the bigger picture
                  Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 14-03-2013, 06:23 PM.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    No chance, Gerry Francis was our best ever player!

Stan was the most skillful but I like to look at the bigger picture
                    calm down Marshy

Comment

Stan was amazing. The ball always seemed to be attached to his foot as he would weave his way past defenders in the box. They even had special ankle pads made for him because his footwork was so good that defenders would continually kick him on the ankle as they tried to play the ball that was no longer there. And if you have ever been kicked on the ankle, you will know it hurts! Stan did not play the way Adel does, with all those fancy tricks and flicks - he just swerved past defenders like they were pylons and they couldn't stop him!

One minor weakness was that his goals always had to be "pretty", curled into the corner with a bow on them. Which was all well and good most of the time, but a world class keeper like Ray Clemence could reach any part of his goal within about a second and a half so you needed to put a bit of zip on the shot to beat him. My recollection is that Stan had trouble scoring against Clemence and I found it bluddy frustrating that he didn't just blast the ball past him, like Don Givens would have done.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        better than adel....................fact!!!
                        10 times better than Adel consistent in every game a true genius if stan was around now he'd be worth £50 M

Comment

Working...
                        X