Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    [/B]

Agreed, letīs "park the bus" upfront this time. In that way we will prevent Benteke to get the ball that often. Ofcourse we have to watch out for him on the break though.
    or samba gives him a tony adams hello to the ankle

Comment

Really hope Newcastle's exertions last night haven't jaded them out too much for Sunday's Wigan game. Newcastle also have a few injuries. We really don't want to see Wigan start to make a bolt for it, there's an awful lot of pressure on our game tomorrow, I really feel a draw will not be good enough, starting to get the willies now

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
        Really hope Newcastle's exertions last night haven't jaded them out too much for Sunday's Wigan game. Newcastle also have a few injuries. We really don't want to see Wigan start to make a bolt for it, there's an awful lot of pressure on our game tomorrow, I really feel a draw will not be good enough, starting to get the willies now

Hope not. Also a bit annoyed that the Utd v Chelsea replay is 2 days after they play Southampton and Sunderland (i think) so they may both field weakened teams agaisnt those sides giving them more chance....

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          I just think we have to be careful about being too gung ho, particularly in the first half where a couple of times this season we have been too open and the game is all over after about half an hour. Lots on here were talking up the chances of us winning at Swansea. That didn't go so well.
          Agreed and expecting more of a Southampton away than Sunderland at home line up. Obviously none of us see training (could be that Townsend has been playing as third CM there or Diakite has had a stormer this week or something else) but another Saints style 3 in the middle 433 (minus Granero plus JJ) would be my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Hope not. Also a bit annoyed that the Utd v Chelsea replay is 2 days after they play Southampton and Sunderland (i think) so they may both field weakened teams agaisnt those sides giving them more chance....
            Don't want to make too big a thing of it, but Chelsea's fixtures in the space of nine days are;
            Sat 30 March Southampton (A)

Mon 1 April ManU (cup) (H)

Thu 4 April. Rubin (E Cup)(H)

Sun 7 April Sunderland (H)

Added to this, ManU as you say play Sunderland away two days before their cup replay with Chelsea. May not affect us, but if Saints and Sunderland remain in the mix come end of season then that fixture chaosay well have a bearing on our survival chances. Lets hope we can continue to do the business in our next few games rendering that possibility have no bearing on our situation. Here's hoping anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
              Agreed and expecting more of a Southampton away than Sunderland at home line up. Obviously none of us see training (could be that Townsend has been playing as third CM there or Diakite has had a stormer this week or something else) but another Saints style 3 in the middle 433 (minus Granero plus JJ) would be my bet.
              Talking of Townsend as third CM just seen Martin Keown has put him there in his column. He is flying but don't think he has played an EPL game there in his life so Jenas would be the more obvious choice if he can start. If not then maybe Townsend can hack it in the middle - would allow switching between 433 and 442 without making a sub too - he could be 3rd CM then switch to on the flank to let Remy off the wing to go up top with JayBob. Still that would be a lot of pressure on a lad playing in the biggest game of the season so far.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                Talking of Townsend as third CM just seen Martin Keown has put him there in his column. He is flying but don't think he has played an EPL game there in his life so Jenas would be the more obvious choice if he can start. If not then maybe Townsend can hack it in the middle - would allow switching between 433 and 442 without making a sub too - he could be 3rd CM then switch to on the flank to let Remy off the wing to go up top with JayBob. Still that would be a lot of pressure on a lad playing in the biggest game of the season so far.
                No way will Townsend play CM when we have good CM players in the squad able to come in. This is not the game to try playing Jenga with cylindars instead of bricks... Players need to play in their positions and if you change formation, change the players accordingly so we have our best players in each area. I'm not a massive fan of Remy dropping wide but as long as he has licence to make the runs it wont be too bad, although id still rather he was using his energy on cutting incicive runs higher up the pitch and behind their defence.

Comment

Working...
                X