QPR suffer £22m loss on return to the Premier League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR suffer £22m loss on return to the Premier League

Queens Park Rangers lost £22.6million during their first season back in the Premier League, it was announced today.

Although that figure, published in the accounts for QPR Holdings Limited, was £3m down on their final season in the Championship, turnover soared from £16m to £64m. Debt has increased from £56m to £89m.

More...

We have no debt.............................

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
      We have no debt.............................
      No interest owed on the debt was my understanding.

Comment

Im genuinely surprised its 'only' 22m.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
          Im genuinely surprised its 'only' 22m.
          Same as that.

Pleasantly surprised if that's normal?

Tbh next years a counts will be horrific if we go down. Stay up & all hunky dory.

Comment

Desperately need to stay up. I know tony says he will stay but for how long if he keeps losing millions

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              No interest owed on the debt was my understanding.
              Tony and co payed the debt .

Comment

my mrs more debt than that on her argos store card
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

What has really surprised me tho is the fact that we spent 30mil on players and have only lost 22m. So if we didn't buy anton and Zamora we would be in profit. Shows that our wage bill is not that high at all or we can afford it.

Comment

Ah the Premiership gravy train.....

Comment

Bear in mind that these figures are for the year ending May 2012.

So we managed to lose 22m before signing Cesar, Green, Remy, Samba, Granero, Bosingwa, Park, Mbia, Diakite (permanently) etc etc, very few of whom have much sell-on value, if any.

Scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                        Bear in mind that these figures are for the year ending May 2012.

So we managed to lose 22m before signing Cesar, Green, Remy, Samba, Granero, Bosingwa, Park, Mbia, Diakite (permanently) etc etc, very few of whom have much sell-on value, if any.

Scary stuff.
                        Free free £7 mill £12.5 mill £3.6 mill free free mbia , diakite don't know....so not bad

Comment

So according to that we have current debt of £89m, up £22.6 from the previous year. Maybe I'm being a little bit slow here, but I thought the club was debt free??!!
                          Who do we owe the money to? Can they call the debt in? Will they call it in? I've been plodding along, looking at the flowers and listening to the birds in complete ignorance of this hill of debt. We really have to stay up to have a chance of servicing this debt, and we need to get that new stadium, expensive as it will be, to have a chance of being self- financing at some point in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            Free free £7 mill £12.5 mill £3.6 mill free free mbia , diakite don't know....so not bad
                            £3m per year, 2.5m, 4m, 4m, 2.5m, 3m, 3m, 2m, 1m

Wages are just as significant as transfer fees these days. And I make that roughly £25m added to our wage bill this year from those players alone.

Take Bosingwa: three years at £65k per week equals about £10m. "Free" transfer? Not compared to spending a few mil on Nathaniel Clyne, or a similar young player who would earn a third Bosingwa's wages

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                              So according to that we have current debt of £89m, up £22.6 from the previous year. Maybe I'm being a little bit slow here, but I thought the club was debt free??!!
                              Who do we owe the money to? Can they call the debt in? Will they call it in? I've been plodding along, looking at the flowers and listening to the birds in complete ignorance of this hill of debt. We really have to stay up to have a chance of servicing this debt, and we need to get that new stadium, expensive as it will be, to have a chance of being self- financing at some point in the future.
                              Our debts are to our owners. Will they call the debt in? Let's hope not.

Comment

Working...
                              X