Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope sat's win doesn't cloud Harry's judgement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope sat's win doesn't cloud Harry's judgement.

For me the team that played against southampton must change!

If M'bia starts, which I assume he will, I think harry would be making a massive mistake.
    He looked like a liability at times on sat and we didn't dominate that midfield like we will need to against sunderland.

However you look at it, and this is not a negative post, however we had only 5 shots and having Remy back was a massive plus with a Holliet who will always make things happen.

I appreciate we need a defensive midfielder but I'd have Derry over Mbia on a loftus road pitch.

I'd also like to see adel reinstated because I think with Holliet and Remy, tarbs will link up well. Most will say we looked like more of a team without adel, however I think the biggest plus was seeing Mackie on the bench. We are the home team and we need to be attacking against sunderland so i'd like to see an attacking side out. Not sure Harry will change it but I really hope he does. Not taking away what was clearly a superb result against a decent southampton side but m'bia on current form should be dropped.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Totally agree Mbia must be dropped for Derry

Comment

Someone should tell Mībia to play with less agression. Thatīs also a solution.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Someone should tell Mībia to play with less agression. Thatīs also a solution.
        If only that was his only problem

Comment

What do mean are his weak sides?
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Mbia is a pub player imo...useless. Good engine but clumsy and **** poor with the ball. Tackles like a rugby player, always grabbing and pulling.
            You can certainly see why Harry was off in France chasing DM's with the ones we have currently in our squad. Must admit i rated Faurlin and its a shame it didnt work out for him under Harry.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              Mbia is a pub player imo...useless. Good engine but clumsy and **** poor with the ball. Tackles like a rugby player, always grabbing and pulling.
              You can certainly see why Harry was off in France chasing DM's with the ones we have currently in our squad. Must admit i rated Faurlin and its a shame it didnt work out for him under Harry.
              Pains me to say...however 1 of your better posts!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Pains me to say...however 1 of your better posts!

Comment

Why would we want Derry to play? What problem would he be solving? Who will he be picking up?

Derry has his uses, but playing in a game at home to Sunderland is not one of them. Due to his speed/fitness, he can only operate in a small area in front of the defence, which pushes the whole midfield deeper - something we don't want or need versus Sunderland.

Sunderland will also play with two 'proper strikers' in Graham and Fletcher. They will look to attack down the flanks rather than the middle.

Again, this means there is minimal need for someone sat just in front of the centre backs. The strikers won't be dropping deep into that zone, and they don't play with a third CM who would push forward into that area. And as they play down the wings, there isn't really the need to cut out balls played centrally along the ground towards the strikers.

Comment

To put it another way, these players will definitely play:

------[back 5]
                    ----[CM] [CM]----
                    [RW]----------[LW]
                    --------[ST]---------

The question then becomes: do we want to add a player in front of our CMs, or behind? Against a poor team at home who will play 442, the answer is obvious.

Comment

You don't half go on!

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                        Why would we want Derry to play? What problem would he be solving? Who will he be picking up?

Derry has his uses, but playing in a game at home to Sunderland is not one of them. Due to his speed/fitness, he can only operate in a small area in front of the defence, which pushes the whole midfield deeper - something we don't want or need versus Sunderland.

Sunderland will also play with two 'proper strikers' in Graham and Fletcher. They will look to attack down the flanks rather than the middle.

Again, this means there is minimal need for someone sat just in front of the centre backs. The strikers won't be dropping deep into that zone, and they don't play with a third CM who would push forward into that area. And as they play down the wings, there isn't really the need to cut out balls played centrally along the ground towards the strikers.
                        Spot on. I agree with the OP about Mbia being a liability but derry is not the solution.

Comment

Maybe Derry and Diakite could be an option.....I mean we've tried every other combination! Derry to sit and Diakite to be given licence to drive forward.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            Maybe Derry and Diakite could be an option.....I mean we've tried every other combination! Derry to sit and Diakite to be given licence to drive forward.
                            i'd be happy with that idea. Just want m'bia out of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              i'd be happy with that idea. Just want m'bia out of the team.
                              I'm happy with playing Derry as he's best holding midfielder we have and will do a job but Granero will get bullied off the ball, Park should play out wide. Jenas.....well maybe. Jenas or Derry and Diakite would be my choice.

I wouldn't bring Adel back in and I'm big fan of his. Think hoilett, Remy combination plus Zamora if fit or Bothroyd.

Comment

Working...
                              X