Southampton away memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southampton away memories

Southampton away always reminds me of standing in those sheep pens on the banking at the away end, being herded in by the stewards.

Two abiding memories from years ago;
    Warming up before the game Les smacked a ball and it hit one member of the marching band they had there, sparked him out cold.

A few years later when what was the away end at the dell, had been turned into a home stand and we were along one side, there was a huge fat saints fan waliking down the stepps with a pie in each hand, cue the ineveitable 'who ate all the pies chant', when his bird stood up and had a right pop at us, prompting 'you're fat and your birds a ####' was probably a dull game.

Originally posted by Pal View Post
    Southampton away always reminds me of standing in those sheep pens on the banking at the away end, being herded in by the stewards.

Two abiding memories from years ago;
    Warming up before the game Les smacked a ball and it hit one member of the marching band they had there, sparked him out cold.

A few years later when what was the away end at the dell, had been turned into a home stand and we were along one side, there was a huge fat saints fan waliking down the stepps with a pie in each hand, cue the ineveitable 'who ate all the pies chant', when his bird stood up and had a right pop at us, prompting 'you're fat and your birds a ####' was probably a dull game.
    That fat and your birds a #### Went on for most of the game.
    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Best for me was our first game back in Div 1 august 83. Brilliant and lively day! Although a 0-0 draw

Comment

Didn't we play there in the cup after we had beat Munich 4-1 and we got beat 1 nil ? Had loads there.

Comment

N
          Originally posted by loneranger View Post
          That fat and your birds a #### Went on for most of the game.
          The bloke got slung out and then come back in again. I remember him running down the stairs...

Comment

the little half lad attacking the pen next door single handed after storming the pitch.evryone yelling do the keeper cos we was loosing at the time,TimFlowers i think it was looking very worried.3plod standing next to us laughing saying what a loon
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I was also there bracknell neil it was after our opening game at old trafford where we lost 3~1 clive allen getting our goal. That was a great season with us finishing 5th and top london club under venables. Happy days

Comment

being told by bouncers to pish off youve had enough,after clearing 3 fruit machines with a wire in a pub there.

Comment

Strimmer wire and ten p's in foil to pretend they were 50p's were brave.

Comment

hence the bu ggers changed the slots to plastic

Comment

Working...
                    X