Saturdays Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturdays Game

I watched the whole match twice on Saturday night and i am conviced that we played very poorly..

Yes we got 3 points which was the most important thing end of but southampton played us off the pitch for 80 minutes.

Aston Villa however looked pretty good last night and could have easily draw that game.

Can we win on Saturday ?? If so how , we need to play alot better than last Saturday

Our Midfield central pairing looked pathetic and hardly touched the ball

If we can sort the midfield out we can win the game Mbia and Granero need to be dropped for players with more strength.

Front 2 looked good and defence looked good but midfield central pair were poor

Some of you will agree some will say im being negative but im just being realistic

Sort the central pair out or we will not win ...

pass completion ratio of 57% - think I'm right in saying nearly an all time prem league low. so not good. but then we played beautifully away at spurs and lost, so ive no problem at this stage winning ugy. with granero such a disappointment, faurlin never recovered from his injury, mbia a bundle of energy but v little composure, diakite out of the picture and "troubled", jenas with v little game time behind him, derry out of his depth, the problem is that there is no brilliant alternative waiting to be unlocked. best we can hope for is the midfield two keep it v tight, pass it quickly out to the wings and mop up when we lose possession. we might also have to hit it long on occasion. it sure won't be pretty. we are light years off being able to move it round like southampton. that said, passing alone doesn't win you games or swansea wd be top of the league....

Comment

my brother went and his take was Southampton were poor, my reasoning why I believe sacking Adkins will rebound on them. Our last 10 games are all critical and performance comes second to the result
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Gran and Tarbs.....providing Adel looks to create rather then take on the defense ?

Comment

Harry really needs to give Diakite another chance in my view. Central midfield pair (whoever picked) recently has not worked. We need to try something different.

Comment

But the thing is Southampton can pass the ball all day long in their own half, that doesn't matter does it....how much did Cesar have to do?

Comment

At this stage of the season and in the desperate position we are, the performance counts for nothing and the result is everything. Take Spurs away this season, we battered them for 80+ minutes: They had 2 attacks, scored 2 goals and Bam.
              We got diddly points but played really well or played average and got all 3 - which you gonna choose???
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                Harry really needs to give Diakite another chance in my view. Central midfield pair (whoever picked) recently has not worked. We need to try something different.
                Would like to see him play n all. People have written him off rather quickly based on a handful of performances during a time in which, as a club, near on everybody was terrible - not to mention whatever "personal problems" he had going on. Remember last season he was mustard and most of us were more excited about him signing that any other player.

Him & Granero, IMO, have the potential to be a great CM pairing.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We played a midfield three on saturday. Mbia was behind Park and Granero, with the latter two in identical roles.

If we switch to two CMs for Sunderland, it will be because Taarabt is coming into the side to play slightly ahead of them.

Comment

And we didn't play a front two either!

Comment

I think the opening poster is unduly harsh. I respect the opinion as he has watched the game twice but for me I felt we were not lucky to win that game. I felt we looked dangerous going forward and we were unlucky to concede when we did. It did look like the game was heading for a drawer but there was certainly more desire in the team than we have seen for a while and we defended well enough to just about merit the win.

Comment

granero wasn't up to it against the saints , to slow and sloppy . we were lucky last saturday as there could be no complaint if it had finished a draw

Comment

It wasn't a vintage performance by any means, but I still think we earned the win.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack;1045115[B
                            ]I think the opening poster is unduly harsh.[/B] I respect the opinion as he has watched the game twice but for me I felt we were not lucky to win that game. I felt we looked dangerous going forward and we were unlucky to concede when we did. It did look like the game was heading for a drawer but there was certainly more desire in the team than we have seen for a while and we defended well enough to just about merit the win.

I have also seen the match. In my opinion, we fought for our Premiership life quite nicely. Ofcourse, and to be honest the play was not that nice, but who cares as long as the outcome of the game was three points to a team with players who all of a sudden seem to clique?
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                              I watched the whole match twice on Saturday night and i am conviced that we played very poorly..

Yes we got 3 points which was the most important thing end of but southampton played us off the pitch for 80 minutes.

Aston Villa however looked pretty good last night and could have easily draw that game.

Can we win on Saturday ?? If so how , we need to play alot better than last Saturday

Our Midfield central pairing looked pathetic and hardly touched the ball

If we can sort the midfield out we can win the game Mbia and Granero need to be dropped for players with more strength.

Front 2 looked good and defence looked good but midfield central pair were poor

Some of you will agree some will say im being negative but im just being realistic

Sort the central pair out or we will not win ...
                              I watched that match, Villa could have lost 4-0

Comment

Working...
                              X