We have to be brave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have to be brave

.....and change last weeks winning team. Play Taarabt on the wing, Remy as CF and Bothroyd on the bench. If Zamora`s fit for 45 minutes, use him, if needed, as a impact sub. Would also love to have Fabio at RB instead of Bos but that won`t happen.

We`re still 4 points behind and have to win against Sunderland - a draw is not enough. Give it a chance. That means playing our most creative players from start.

[QUOTE=swede;1044565].....and change last weeks winning team. Play Taarabt on the wing, Remy as CF and Bothroyd on the bench. If Zamora`s fit for 45 minutes, use him, if needed, as a impact sub. Would also love to have Fabio at RB instead of Bos but that won`t happen.

We`re still 4 points behind and have to win against Sunderland - a draw is not enough. Give it a chance. That means playing our most creative players from start.[/QUOTE]

So on current form as opposed to - had a good game about 10 games ago - That means Tarrabt should remain on the bench.

Comment

We need someone to hold the ball up when we need to go long. If we can't play our way out we need to get the game being played in their half or better still their final 3rd. Bothroyd or Zamora must therefore play. I would stick with the team that beat Saints but would play Townsend instead of Park and Fabio instead of Boswinga.

Comment

I agree we need to be brave and that means not changing the formation and keeping Bothroyd in. Personally I wouldn't make any changes although others mentioned less important. It's a shame we weren't brave before now and made the change. How many games did we start with no strikers? Taarabt, aside from the odd moment, has not been good for much of the last couple of months and problem is we build our team around someone off form which can't work. Great option to have from bench and hopefully bit of a rest may freshen him up. Would in my view be a mistake to reinstate him for Saturday. As another poster said we need the ball to stick in opposition half and for that we need Zamora or Bothroyd with proper support.

I might be tempted though to use Cerny at right back.

Comment

IMHO it has to be 442. use the wings more Townsend / Hoilett and get crosses in the box for Remy, Bothroyd / BZ.

We really do not need to be lumping it forward if we have lively wingers and 2 centre forwards.

Taraabt has to be an impact sub at the moment. We do not pose enough threat when playing 451, especially against the bottom half teams and being at home.

Love tarraabt to bits but he is not making enough of an impact at the moment and when we have strikers that are scoring, it would be mad not to play them, of course IMHO.

We could win with a 451 formation but I think that would send the wong message out and the we would have a better chance with 442, we will see!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWood Rangers View Post
            IMHO it has to be 442. use the wings more Townsend / Hoilett and get crosses in the box for Remy, Bothroyd / BZ.

We really do not need to be lumping it forward if we have lively wingers and 2 centre forwards.

Taraabt has to be an impact sub at the moment. We do not pose enough threat when playing 451, especially against the bottom half teams and being at home.

Love tarraabt to bits but he is not making enough of an impact at the moment and when we have strikers that are scoring, it would be mad not to play them, of course IMHO.

We could win with a 451 formation but I think that would send the wong message out and the we would have a better chance with 442, we will see!
            Exactly what you said. I'm a huge Adel fan (in more than one sense), but having Townsend and Hoilett on the wings whipping balls in for Bothroyd and Remy is by far our best option for Sunderland IMO. Adel is a great player to be able to bring on should things be abit stale, just as we done at home to WHU. I was baffled before KO Saturday when I saw the line up, but it worked, and so fair play to Arry I can't see him changing it.

Think he will stick with Park and play him CM with Mbia?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I know none of us likes Alan Shearer and, generally he talks a load of garbage. But did anyone else like his analysis on the weekend when he did the Adel watch thing from the Man U game. It highlighted where Adel is going wrong at the moment, as he is supposed to be the attacking threat but is too deep and not inclined to make any positive/forward runs without the ball. He then contrasted it with Remy and Bothroyd playing together and it was clear to see that it provided slightly more attacking emphasis. We even had more than one player in the box on several occasions on Saturday, including of course, when Jay scored.
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                I know none of us likes Alan Shearer and, generally he talks a load of garbage. But did anyone else like his analysis on the weekend when he did the Adel watch thing from the Man U game. It highlighted where Adel is going wrong at the moment, as he is supposed to be the attacking threat but is too deep and not inclined to make any positive/forward runs without the ball. He then contrasted it with Remy and Bothroyd playing together and it was clear to see that it provided slightly more attacking emphasis. We even had more than one player in the box on several occasions on Saturday, including of course, when Jay scored.
                Yep I see this and it did make alot of sense tbh.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

yeah it was v telling. in adel's defence it was so noticeable he was playing v deep i wondered whether that was on harry's orders? but agree we need to play two up front and lump it in the box. against southampton we only had a 57% pass completion rate. and dont think it was all that much higher against utd with adel in the team. we simply don't have the ability to pass it about at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Exactly what you said. I'm a huge Adel fan (in more than one sense), but having Townsend and Hoilett on the wings whipping balls in for Bothroyd and Remy is by far our best option for Sunderland IMO. Adel is a great player to be able to bring on should things be abit stale, just as we done at home to WHU. I was baffled before KO Saturday when I saw the line up, but it worked, and so fair play to Arry I can't see him changing it.

Think he will stick with Park and play him CM with Mbia?
                    I think park will start also. Toss up then between Granero, Mbia and Diakite. Don't think Derry has the legs in a 442 but could be wrong.

We don't see what happens in training but if Diakite is fit (mentally and phisically) I would like to see him get a run out.

Trouble is Diakite (and Mbia) are prone to moments of madness which is a worry.

1st game in a long time I am really looking forward too.

Comment

Yeah saw it and he was spot on. The way he plays creates more problems than simply not having bodies in the box, and slowing an attack up allowing opp's to get back, but it also congests space. If / when we have 2 up top they make runs and stretch the oppositions defence, maybe pull CB's wide to make holes to exploit etc, but more relevant it pushes them deeper towards their own goal, which then creates more space for our midfield to advance in.

I think he's having a spell where he agains started thinking its all about him and he's been greedy, petulant and ineffective. He needs time on the bench so the team plays as a team and let him be an impact man off the bench if we need to change it up, which i think will suit him.... look at the west Ham home game this season... off the bench with 20mins left roughly, scored after 80 seconds and was very effective in that 20 mins, albeit we couldn't get a 2nd.

Id rather a fully focused and effective Adel for 20 / 30 / 45 mins in a match, rather than a compacent and ineffective Adel for 90.

Comment

Id swap Fabio for Bosingwa. Possibly Jenas in for Park.

Bring Adel and Townsend on for Granero and Hoilett in the second half if needed.

Comment

As at Chelsea away but more support from out wide so

MACKIE AT REMY up top.

5-4-1 comes out loud & proud as 4-3-3 ..... occasionally ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            As at Chelsea away but more support from out wide so

MACKIE AT REMY up top.

5-4-1 comes out loud & proud as 4-3-3 ..... occasionally ;)
                            mackie? not sure he deserves to start in the reserves at the moment. worst player on the pitch v utd by a distance. no one mentions that tho.

Comment

We have to park the bus up front this time. Regarding Adel, give him the last 25 minutes if we struggle on the day. Great player to have against a tired Defence.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X