Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure this has been posted about before but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this has been posted about before but...

I wish now we had gone down last season....this season could have been spent coming right back up. Hughes would have gone-he should never have been appointed in the first place (and certainly not at the expense of a good manager like Warnock) and we'd have saved a lot of money, and hopefully have built more wisely under a decent manager for the Premiership next season.

I'm sorry but I am getting really fed up with the what ifs. What has happened has happened and can't be changed. We should be looking to the future and not dwelling on the past. At the moment there are two possibilities 1) we manage to stay up (which unfortunately looks less and less likely) 2) we are in the championship next season. Then we can think about coming straight back up. If we went down last season or next season, I'm not sure it really matters. What does matter is that if we do go down, we can then have the management and players to come up next year or at least finish in the top six.

This is probably going to be decided in the next couple of weeks. Then hopefully the board can look to next year, one way or another, and start making what are going to be important and difficult decisions for the future of our club.

Comment

Still scratching my head wondering how a QPR fan could possibly wish for the team to be relegated under any circumstances !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Look at Bolton...
        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          I wish now we had gone down last season....this season could have been spent coming right back up. Hughes would have gone-he should never have been appointed in the first place (and certainly not at the expense of a good manager like Warnock) and we'd have saved a lot of money, and hopefully have built more wisely under a decent manager for the Premiership next season.
          staying up last year banked us another £ 40 m ...........All well and good saying build for this year last tear .....but the bottom line i without the prem money from this year we'd be worse off!!!

The Prem is the ONLY place to be even if it means doing a west brom for 5/6 years

Comment

How naive are some people..... Why do people always talk about relegation and say "we can come right back next season"..... it's never that simple and in recent years hardlly any clubs have done it. i think west Brom and newcastle spring to mind and that's about it.

As a poster said above look at Bolton.... they have been established in the prem and taken in all that money for years and yet as soon as they go down struggle massively and are in problems. Also dont see Wolves and Blackburn pulling up any trees or looking like threatening automatic promotion either, so why do some fans always talk as if it's so easy to bounce straight back when clearly it isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
              Still scratching my head wondering how a QPR fan could possibly wish for the team to be relegated under any circumstances !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Exactly...we do have some strange ones

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                Obviously those people don't remember the grim day in 96 when we went down after thrashing WHU and what came after.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Like Melanie said, getting bored of all the what ifs

Whatever will be, will be

Comment

So much 20:20 hindsight regarding Hughes.

And lots of Warnock revisionism. He was really shown up in the Premiership. It was painful watching him get the run around tactically every week (Norwich at home when Barton got sent off being the classic example), and his constant bleating about how the squad wasn't good enough and 'just wait until Jan' didn't exactly do wonders for morale. His last few games were as bad as anything under Hughes.

Comment

Working...
                    X